Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share with us: What has improved for you?

bought my first outfit at a non fat-person store! Yes the size is still big (18/20) but it didn't have a W anywhere to be seen!

bought my first outfit at a non fat-person store! Yes the size is still big (18/20) but it didn't have a W anywhere to be seen!

Congratulations. Moving from W to R is a really big deal. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I am down 29 lbs. and it's so much easier to bend down in the shower and shave my legs. I used to hate it, get out of breath, but today it was like shampooing my hair, pain free. I am so happy I am banded!

Today a couple of guys in a landscape truck were blowing kisses at me on the highway!!!! It has been years since that has happened! I used to hate it....now I got a charge out of it!!

Other things:

Cheekbones.....I do not have collar bones yet but maybe someday.

Running up the stairs to get something I forgot....not asking the kids to get it for me!

Clothes that fit well...not too tight!

I can actually fit in an XL in most things.....in the regular dept. Good by Avenue, so long dress barn woman, farewell Lane Bryant!!!!!!

Extra energy after the kids are asleep (wink).

Painting my toenails, tying my shoes, getting off the floor, crossing my legs (kinda),wearing clothes that I like instead of clothes that fit.

Confidence

Losing weight and not finding it again in a couple of days!!!

I shall stop now but I could go on and on......Great thread!

I think this is my favorite thread on LBT -- I never get tired of reading and rereading it!!! And I can't wait to start adding TO it!

I've only been banded since Tuesday, but I've lost 200 lbs MENTALLY already. I can't believe how different I'm THINKING now and how gloomy my future looked, until now I see it through a positive light!!

Keep it comin', everybody, lets hear more of what's improved for you.

Today a couple of guys in a landscape truck were blowing kisses at me on the highway!!!! It has been years since that has happened! I used to hate it....now I got a charge out of it!!

Same thing happened to me! Ticked me off!! :)

Continue to enjoy the encouraging posts!

I thought of a new one I didn't list before:

I have had to punch 3 holes (so far) in my belt. Guess when it wraps around me twice, I'll break down and get a new one! 80 lbs so far, 70 more to go!

Have a great day!

I thought of ANOTHER one today!! (I need to re-do my list and put them all in one post!!)

My memory is better!! I'm sharper and more alert....and I seem to need less sleep! I suppose this is from exercising...but who cares! Or maybe my whole outlook is just better. Doesn't matter...I'll take it however it comes!!

Nana -- I look forward to your regular posts! They'll be coming fast and furious very soon.

Ross - You're hilarious! Where's the B&A pics???

This is a great thread, I had tears in my eyes reading it thinking about how I cannot wait to do all of those things too. I don't have a surgery date yet but have just this week finished all of my pre-op appointments.

A few of the things I look forward to doing again:

Dancing (used to be a dance instructor)

Horseback Riding

Roller Coasters

Fitting into all seats in general (restaurant, plane, car)

crossing my legs

getting off the floor without feeling like a beached whale

doing a cartwheel

weighing less than hubby

Being a better role model for my kids

Thank you for all of the comments, it is a great motivator, can't wait to get my date.

I love every one's replys. I fit most of them (except the painting my toes thingy!), but I do like having my shoes tied on top of instead of on the sides!

307/238/190ish

banded 22 Mar 07

3.6cc in a VG band

Dr. Darren Minkin

Des Peres Hospital

St.Louis Mo.

Ross.....if it were a couple of babes blowing kisses????? LOL

Driver, you are so right. When I was pregnant, I could only tie my shoes on the side.....then I became so fat that they were tied on the side. Now they are tied straight in the middle. What a great observation!!! I did not even realize...thanks for the NSV!

This was a new one for me...... when my husband got in our suburban to drive after I had been driving it( which I rarely do), he hit his legs on the steering wheel. He began to gripe about who moved it down that low, and I explained to him that after losing 90 pounds my butt sits a lot closer to the seat, and now I could not see over the steering wheel. He really got a kick out of the fact that my butt being flatter also made me shorter in the seat. See if it is true for you, you have to move the seat or the stearing wheel to see over the dash. I also love that the seat belt will actually stay in place and not slide up over my face cause my boobs push it out of the correct place. Some days being in my own car seems like an out of body experience( a good thing)!!!!!

Sorry for being back again but this is so big for me, I had to share.

Today I went wakeboarding!!! It was on my list of things that I wanted to do after losing weight....we in the May banders had a list of 100 reasons to lose 100 lbs and I just completed #35!!! Last summer I did not even attempt for fear of humiliation but today I was up on the first try!!

I am so excited....thanks for starting this thread TerriDoodle!

I am so excited....thanks for starting this thread TerriDoodle!

No, THANK YOU for contributing....please post any and everytime you realize something has improved for you. I could just about post here every day!!

Yes, everyone keep posting! Even things that see, trivial for you are huge to pre-bandster thread-stalkers like me! :car:

I have gone from a 2x to a 1x in tops

I have gone from a 20 to an 18 in pants/jeans'

I can get into 12 pairs of pants/jeans that have been put away in the closet for years.

I can walk 25 minutes on the tread mill without feeling like I'm going to die!

I can play all the sports games on Wii for over an hour

I can get in and out of the corvette easier:car:

I am completely off of coffee---and I was a Starbucks JUNKIE! Well, I still am, but have switched to the ice tea.:car: