Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share with us: What has improved for you?

I was just thinking in the car earlier about this and thought I would ask you guys to share the list of things that have improved for you since being banded.

Please let us know how long you've been banded, too.

I've been banded since early April and this is my list:

1) I've lost 21# forever

2) I've joined a gym for the first time ever and am loving it!!

3) I've reduced caffeine from 5+ servings per day to 1, maybe 2

4) My recurrent back pain is almost gone completely

5) My plantar faciaitis is almost gone

6) I have way more energy and feel much stronger

7) I move with greater ease

8) I feel sure my bloodwork will be much improved

9) I always have at least 64 oz of Water each day

10) I have reduced my alcohol intake from 6-8 cocktails/week to maybe 3 per month

11) My blood sugars are completely stable (previously hypoglycemic)

12) My salt intake is greatly reduced

13) I have hope

14) I have a bunch of new friends on LBT

15) My sex life has improved

16) I take greater pride in my appearance & self esteem has improved

What about you?

I can cross my legs

I can work out with a personal trainer

I am down to a size 18 on the bottom and 14/16 on the top. I started in 26s

My sex life has improved too

I love my body more

I feel like my abs are finally going down.

I don't mind being in a swim suit.

I don't mind wearing tank tops

Overall I like the look of not looking bloated and fat

I have more energy

I don't mind doing cardio

Was banded April 19th, 2007. Starting weight on April 5th was 305.5. Today July2, 2007 I weigh 251.5. That in itself is an improvement.

1. I feel like going out of the house.

2. When I do go out, I am not as embarrassed.

3. I don't feel as embarassed for DH because everyone looking at the fat lady

4. Sex life has always been good, BUT, there sure have been some things that I have been missing since gaining weight that I forgot how good they feel....

5. I just biked 20 miles this weekend

6. I feel stable in the shower...before I was always thinking what in the hell if I fall in here???

7. My skin has cleared up and is sooooo soft now

8. Am having regular periods monthly...and on time...WOW

9. My rings are falling off instead of taking them off because they are getting too small...I love this one!!!

10. Had to tighten up my Birkenstock straps...they were too LOOSE!!!!

11. I actually feel worth something now, instead of just existing to exist.

12. I have been out and about more this past two months doing all sorts of things that I would never of done before because of my weight and I love it!!! Outdoor concerts, biking, shopping, going to Jackpot to see Willie Nelson(coming up), going into stores instead of making DH go for me, CLEANING MY HOUSE

13. and the best improvement is my life is now going to be longer than it was two months ago!!!

i was banded March 30. I am down 39 lbs.

I have not had one episode of acid reflux since surgery.

I can lift myself out of the swimming pool w/o having to use the steps.

I can breathe when i tie my shoes.

My knees don't hurt.

my 7 yr old son can wrap his arms around me.

food is not always falling on my shirt.

I don't move the table when i lean over to take a bite.

I made a list before surgery of all the things i hat about being fat and i am slowly being able to mark some of them off. Yea!

This is such a nice post, I can't WAIT to add to this one! Sounds like everyone has a new lease on life and more reason to LIVE!!!!! You all are soooo amazing!!! Congratulations!

I've seriously got tears in my eyes.... It's so wonderful to hear the sweet sound of VICTORY!!

God bless us all as we move farther along this path. Thank you for posting. I hope to hear from many more!

Congrats to everyone. Keep it up.

Not shopping in the BIG WOMANS DEPT.

Not having fat roll up all over.

Lots of room in my recliner

Walking and not getting tired

Off or reduced all meds

Don't mind looking in mirror or seeing reflection

Having my stomach far away from steering wheel

Crossing my legs

Wearing a size 10-12

Hearing my hubby and childern call me skinny.

I am far from skinny but to them and myself I am. Have eight to go

to reach goal and was baq:)ded 14 months ago. It will happen for all of you, so hang in and work that band.

Lessee...

I have been banded 3 years as of yesterday (O.O)

~I sit cross legged without even thinking about it (although sometimes I realize when I'm sitting that way comfortably and smile).

~I can walk right by the plus size section of just about any store I shop at.

~No W in my shoes!

~My sex life is much better than it was (and that wasn't bad to start with)

~I can shop at department stores and they'll have my size in whatever I want

~I don't feel so lazy that I don't want to just jump up and do things

~I LOOKED GOOD IN MY WEDDING DRESS (and I felt that way too, not just that everyone was telling me)

~There's something about weighing less than I ever did in high school that puts a little extra skip in my step

~I had to have my engagement ring resized before my wedding. It and my wedding ring are a "normal" size (7.25)

~My class ring is even big on my middle finger

That list seems short, but I can't think what else to put on there right now. Despite having 55 more lbs to go before I reach goal, things are SO much better than they were before, and even though I would be frustrating staying here, if for some reason I had to stay at this weight, I would still do it all over again.

Oh, come on you guys!!! Surely there's a hundred stories out there!?

***weighing only 10# more than my daughter and closing in!

***actually looking forward to daily exercise

***not worrying if there is only a booth available at a restaurant

***not thinking twice about eating only half of what I order out

***enjoying charting my daily calories on mydailyplate.com

***thinking of cottage cheese as a "dessert"!

***crossing my legs without having to "assist" my one leg over the other

***looking forward to an airplane flight in August.... no seatbelt extenders!!

***having a choice of what to wear and not choosing the same thing over and over because it "hides" the fat

***seeing people I haven't seen since before surgery and hearing the compliments

***being proud of myself for having the courage to do this and the committment to do it right!

Finding my collar bones

Not worrying about booths at restaurants

No more seatbelt extenders

Having energy

Being a role model for my kid

New and improved sex!

Feeling athletic

Buying clothing at department stores

Clearer skin

Feeling in control

"Feeling in control" -- Now THERE'S a good one!! That sure is a nice change, isn't it?

WOW...what a great list...everybody! Most of my list was also on someone else's. So much for thinking it was just me!

I love having to "scoot up" in the booth to table.

I love putting on my makeup and having a profile jawline and 1 neck.

I love putting on clothes and saying "no" too big.

I love going to dinner with my hubby and sampling only a child's plate.

I like "peeing" in a regular toilet stall instead of waiting for the handicap.

I like tieing my shoes and not feel like my face is going to explode.

I like getting up from the sofa or chair and not "pulling or pushing".

I like turning over in bed and not "flopping" like a beached whale.