Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share with us: What has improved for you?

woohoooo we are all so happy!!! It is great to read all of the things from others and think, yeah, that for me too!!!!

I love being able to get on the floor and sit and not worry the whole time how in the heck I am going to get up. I just do it!!

What has improved with me? Hmmm-m

1. Learned to be selfish, I have to take care of me before I can others. :humble:

2. I’m happy now and don’t have to have acupuncture for stress and no longer have panic and anxiety attacks that leave me curled up on the floor unable to breath. :faint:

3. I no longer go to sleep with the fear of dying because my heart might stop because of the fat. :notagree

4. I know longer have to take 12 different meds and down to 3.

5. I can go to my doctor’s appointment with confidence that I have now lost the 25 lbs he wanted plus more.

6. Ditto for my cardiologist.

7. Men are now looking and flirting with me and I mean young men too!

8. I can bend over and tie my shoes with out losing by breath.

9. I can wear all the clothes that I was going to give away because they were too small and now are getting to big.

10. When I shop I purchase a size or two smaller because I KNOW all be in it in a few weeks or month.

11. Started wearing make-up again.

12. All my necklaces fit again.

13. Surgeon’s assistant told me I’m losing my ‘girls’ last time I got a fill. (It’s ok because I’m DD) :)

14. I’ve lost over 25 inches

15. All my long skirts are too long because my hips no longer take up all the room.

16. I’m shaped like a coke bottle again even though I have 70 more lbs to loose.

17. I’ve been told by friends I glow.

18. I have more confidence.

19. I have more energy

20. I can now walk on the treadmill 1 ½ hours instead of 15 min without feeling like I’m going to drop dead.

21. I made my husband jealous by losing weight and now he’s in competition with me and I’m winning because I look “GOOD”. :)

22. I know longer feel worthless or ashamed. I matter to me, if to no one else.

23. And I’m happy!!!! :P

24. No longer like the little engine that thought he could, I KNOW I CAN! :clap2:

25. I can let them eat cake:cake: because I have sugar free Popsicles and pudding

More to come!...

omg!! My husband and I went to Six Flags and I was able to ride one of the roller coasters and not be the one that "stopped" the safety bar with my stomach. In fact, I had a bunch of space between me and the bar and I looked over at DH and his tummy was hanging over the bar!!!

I LOVE the fact that I weigh less than my husband AND my 20 year old son for the first time ever!! (45 lbs less than hubby & 10 less than son!!)

It feels so strange washing my face and feeling my cheek bones. I love walking up to work, looking at my reflection in the windows and seeing "skinny" me!

I have knees! and nice legs!!

i love everything about being banded!!

These are just incredible inventories, you guys. You make me so happy when I read these!!! Life is soooooo GOOD! Who knew? :)

I have lived in Lane Bryant "big shirts" for over two years (and I mean that is ALL I have worn...that and my fat jeans...I must have about 15 big shirts)...I haven't worn ONE since my banding in May. As a matter of fact, I really don't have that much I CAN wear. I'm going to have to break down and actually SHOP!

I've been living in Size 18 denim leggings forever. I just went and got two size 16's which fit great. The 18's are going to go to charity...

Ok, im still fairly early in my Band Journey (1/3 way to goal) but have already noticed lots of improvements:

1.)More Energy!!!

2.)More Confident!!

3.)The other day i went walking downstairs in my house in my black capris and guess what.... THEY FELL OFF!!!!!. instead of being embarressed i was excited ... i retired those capris officially.:)

4.)When my mom bought me a 2x and i tried it on and it was tooo big!!!:biggrin1:

5.) Went to lane Bryant yesterday and grab my old sizes there (completely wasn't thinking) and ended up skipping out of the dressing room to get a smaller size!!! Went from size 24/26 tops to 18/20 :whoo:

6.) Looking forward to stepping on the scale... (i actually have to force myself to stay off it and limit myself to one time a week):P

7.) Not being afraid of my doctor being disappointed about me gaining weight...

8.) Going to the doctor and showing her what a success this surgery has been so far (she was completely against me having surgery!! luckily my surgeon ignored her and let me have the surgery anyway!!!):heh:

9.) Got already to go to the gym yesterday left my house and was on my way there when i realized it was Saturday and they were closing in 10 min.... I was disappointed !!!! before lapband i would have never even joined a gym in the first place!!!!:cry

10.)Asthma has improved!!!

11.) Can walk up the stairs without almost passing out!!!

12.) Lost 45lbs!!!!!

13.)Went down in BMI oh ya and no longer considered morbidly obese... just obese not morbidly YAY!!!

14.)No longer desire POP or bread !!!!

15.) In control of what i eat. i no longer live to eat but i eat to live !!! :hungry:

16.)The compliments Absolutely love hearing them... Such a boost for the ego and confidence... :clap2:

to be continued.....

I have not been banded yet, I am working on insurance approval. Dr. says probably around Jan. or Feb. 2008. Just wanted to say great job to you guys. I cant wait.

I'm just starting the process but this thread rocks my socks off! I can't wait to add to this list!! I'm not the only one with tears in my eyes, at least, that's good :lol:

Okay, I'm a little over three months past surgery......

1. gone from size 22/24W to 14/16 tops and 18 bottoms~no W!!!!!

2. Confidence is soaring.

3. the compliments are just oozing from every direction.

4. my dad (not the praising type) told me that I was really looking better.

5. my grandfather (called me an elephant when I was 11) mentioned how proud he was of me for losing so much weight and he actually admitted that it really is hard to do.

6. my husband cannot stop saying how gorgeous I am.

7. feel soooooo much better about sex.

8. not as tired.

9. not nearly as hungry.

10. new hope for life.

11. happiness just overflowing.

I know I'll think of more later, but that's a good start!

I was banded June 25, 2007, and already:

-My back pain is gone

-Clothes are actually loose instead of always being tight

-Shoes are even getting looser

-I have so much more energy

-I receive numerous positive comments on how I look

And best of all.....I feel really GREAT about MYSELF!!!!! :lol:

Peggy

This doesn't directly have anything to do with losing weight but....

I have my teeth cleaned every 4 months because I get terrible stains on the backs of my teeth. I always thought it was because of all the coffee, tea and soda I drank. Because of the band I had to give up my "beloved" Diet Coke. I still drink coffee, and occassional tea. Guess what? I don't have any stains on my teeth and I'm due for a cleaning next week! It was the Coke!!!!

BTW, I don't miss the Diet Coke at all!! (Now I'm addicted to Propel! LOL)

I'm so glad I found this site (thanks to Mango from Lucky 7's). I was in need of some encouragement. I'm post op, but pre-fill and in what we are calling bandster hell. I love reading your successes! I will be adding to this thread someday soon!

Yeah, whenever I get discouraged I look at the monthly groups ahead of me and see how they're doing. Then you look at the B&A's and you realize that just a bit more patience is all that is required here. I just keep doin' what I'm doin' and I know it's right. I will get there eventually and in a healthy way. I have NO complaints!

I am sooooo excited! This morning I broke my own record. I have never lost more than 38 pounds on any diet/exercise plan before.....this morning when I weighed, I was down a total of 40 pounds!!! I am stoked. To know that I can keep this off forever is so exciting. Thanks for all the encouragement everyone.