Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Chat For NJ

Sherry, ya know something else I remember reading about, when the band is too tight it is sometimes hard to lose weight...I don't really understand it all that well, but I remember reading a discussion. Maybe Mandy remembers, or Betty...or you can search for that. I hope you get things sorted out and feel better fast! Like you, I'm still hovering at the onderland border...but I consider it a victory to be there still, after a cruise!

Kat, I will pray for Kinsey and that everything will be fine with her. I'm sure her doctors will find the problem and fix it, I just hope it will be with very little pain.

Nothing going on here...I think that's great!

Hugs to all,

Cindy

Kat- I'm praying for her and for you. You have been through so much. Give me a call if you want to talk.

Sherry, being too tight stops weight loss. You resort to higher calorie safe foods and then weight loss stops. Also it's harder to get Protein in when the band is too tight. GO for a small unfill, you will feel like a new person if you do. ~Mandy

I don't know ladies...all I know is every day I get the hiccups, really hard ones, and I feel like I constantly need to burp and when I do food will come up, not alot but enough for me to know it's not just air. I feel like something is in my stomach all the time. Who knows....I'm going to push to have this thing xrayed to let me know whats going on. What I don't understand is if the band is too tight then why can I eat so much? It's not just mushy food either. To me I can eat too much. UGH...can ya tell it's driving me crazy? I read so much on here it could be tons of things.

Kat....you and your grandaughter are in my prayers. I do hope she's doing ok. Please let us know how she's doing when you have a chance.

Well, Sherry...I wonder if you have the beginning of pouch dilation? I'm just taking a shot in the dark, and I definitely think you need some tests run to be sure of what is going on. The esophagus can get desensitized, and the food can collect in the area above the band, so that would make you feel like "something is in your stomach" all the time. I'd get it checked out, and I know you will. I don't want you to have any trouble! How's your tattoo healing?

Happy Fourth of July to all! I know all of you will spend a moment praying for our Troops!

Hugs, Cindy

~Happy 4th Of July ~

Hey there girlies, just popping in to say hello. Its a rainy day here in Jersey, no fireworks which is kinda good b/c I have to work tomorrow.

Kat, how is your Granddaughter? poor baby is in my prayers. You know, when its an adult its tough but when its a little one it just changes things totally.

Sherry love, what time do you eat dinner? I've noticed that if I eat after 7 pm, I get acid reflux.... I haven't had it in a few months but the other day I had a cup of coffee and went to bed, the coffee musta layed in the esphogus and the next morning (and during the night) OMG the burning. I haven't had coffee these past few days and it feels like its getting better but lordy, some times it can take weeks. I guess if there is food or things like coffee laying in the pouch OUCH!!! Feel better and let us know how you are feeling. COOL Tattoo :)

Patty, Betty, Cindy Loo, Dianne, Mandy....how's it hanging ?

Anyone hear from Beanie ?? I really miss her.

Well a few more miutes on the :ranger: and then its dinner time.

Talk to you Saturday.... Luv yah's.

Good idea, Eileen...maybe it's the time of day Sherry is eating.

Yeah, the Beanster has been missing from here a LONG time...started right after she changed jobs. Where is that girl?

Kat, give us a report on Kinsey, please. How's your Dh, also?

We had more rain today...it's unbelievable.

Right now we are watching the History Channel's story on the Revolutionary War...making DD watch it with us! And she is...!

Enjoy your holiday!

Cindy

Well today we disasembled the downstairs bathroom. I have scraped tile, we took apart the vanity, and the over the toilet shelf thingy. All of the carpet, tile and vanity pieces are out for garbage day. My hands hurt, my back hurts but my finished basement will look cool when it's all done. I have to run to the neighbors and feed his cat, and fish. When he gets back he is going to help with the tile and the bathroom remodel. He's a general contractor and great neighbor. They are the first real friends we have made in our little neighborhood. They are close to our age and have 3 small kids, 5,4, and 5 months. The kids play really well together and I get to hold the baby and being around her reminds me why I don't want to have another baby. The diaper bag, playpen, bottles, diapers.....nope not for me anymore. I love Abi to pieces but no more babies for me. I am off to grill some steaks, I earned a good meal today. Steaks on the grill and a nice baked potato. I also have ice cream for dessert....bad I know but I'm having it anyway. Happy and safe 4th everyone. ~Mandy

Kat, how is that baby??? I'm starting to really worry about her. Check in when you can. ~Mandy

HI my friends--well we have Kinsey home---not sure that is a good thing, but it is where it stands. She cries that her belly hurts, even crying out owie owie owie in her sleep. She still cannot eat, without throwing it up, undigested. BUT insurance says with no other symptoms, it is time for her to be discharged. The second day there, my daughter come down with it, and spent several hours in ER, ending up back in ped's with Kinsey with an IV bag still attached. Later that night I went down with it. Today it was my Mom.

Right in the middle of writing this to you my DD called they are headed back to ER, she can not even hold down liquids. She is losing precious weight. She is very tiny to start with, she is around 19 pounds normally, and has lost weight she can ill afford to.

Please continue your prayers for her....I am scared beyond belief, they are not finding what her problem is, and she is just slipping.

The rest of us are ok. We are trying to keep Rick from taking the bug, because vomiting could be deadly to him. So far he is hanging in there tho.

I am off to the hospital. Please keep praying.

Kat

Kat, so they think it's a flu or virus???? Could it be some kind of food poisoning or bacterial thing they picked up from tainted Water? I guess they have run fecal tests...or something to see if there is e. coli or something like that.

This seems different if it's the whole family.

Prayers are with you...PLEASE check in with us when you can!

Hugs to all,

Cindy

Kat - I sure hope you and your family feels better soon. Were all of you at the same place, eating drinking the same things? Cindy has a point there. It would take longer to affect adults than kids because our immune systems tend to be stronger.

Cindy - you know....if my esphogus has become desensitized then this would all make sense and I do need to have Fluid taken out. I've tried every combination possible as far as time to eat, not to eat, what to eat, not to eat, how much eaten and even tried all liquids. I can still feel it in my throat and chest most times. I had that fiasco of a fill in April where I needed a slight unfill...and about a week later this started. DUH that's probably it...I need an unfill. I'd still like to get this thing xrayed though to make sure so I'm going to ask. I'll know more Wednesday at my visit. I had read our espohogus can become desensitized but, didn't put two and two together of..if the band is too tight, and I'm desensitized then I could be eating more than I should because I'm not feeling full....then the food is sitting there too long all the time causing the acid to build. I swear I feel like I'm drowning sometimes and it's when I'm just about to fall asleep that relaxed state it rushes up. That would make sense too because we relax our muscles and the esphogus is lots of muscles. hmmmm Ahhhh I feel better knowing this could be it already. :confused:

Hugs to you all...I hope to catch up soon....this reflux has taken a toll on me and the lack of sleep is really wearing on me as well :P Hopefully after Wed I'll be more myself. Thank you everyone for your help and understanding.

I went for my second opinion today. I am schedualed for a hystorectomy on July 30th. (pending insurance approval) I have tried everything else, and this is my last option so the surgeon says I should have no problem getting approval. I will keep everyone updated. He is going to try to save my right ovary, but there is no guarentee. The surgery has to be open, not lap but I am ok with that too. I just want the pain to stop. 24 more days, and I will be on my way to recovery. I'll check back later. ~Mandy

Oh Kat, that little baby doll is in my prayers. I hope you and your dd are feeling better fast.

Sherry I hope they find out FAST whats going on with you, poor dear. Lets all pray it is something they can fix with an unfill and you'll be back to feeling good again.

Nothing happening here...... Luv yah's.

Eileen