Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 or January 2016 sleevers ?

I just scheduled my last of 7 weight loss classes for Dec 1st. After this class things will be submitted to my insurance and ill be scheduled for pre surgery appt with the doctor. So excited to get the ball rolling. Hurry up December

I have one more appointment with the nut at the end of the month. Then it all goes to insurance. I'm nervous about them denying the surgery and yet also getting nervous about being so close to the possible surgery. My hw is 375. I weigh in tomorrow. Haven't lost much in the past three months. I so need the surgery but am a bit anxious. Is this normal when the date gets closer and the surgery seems more real.

Aug 24th will be my 2nd of 4 appts for my 3 month supervised diet. Just did my psychology appt this past Friday and it went great....I'm looking at a November or December surgery....Can't wait to get on the losers bench.

Hi all I was looking at the profile of Jss1988 and saw a posting she made to this forum. I am not 100% sure if my surgery will be in Dec or Jan but I thought I would start posting here anyhow.

Here is a little bit about me:

I am a 59 year old physically disabled 5' 6" woman who has been obese since I was 10 years old. Parents sent me to a fat camp 3 times and all three time after the summer I came home thin and since eating patterns at home didn't change all the weight plus more came back. Have also lost weight as an adult more times then I can count and it always came back. I will not go into a lot of detail as I do have a blog listed in my signature line if anyone cares to read about my life after I became injuried.

Onto present day info:

In June I spoke with my new PCP about WLS and he gave me a referral to a WL surgeon whom a friend of mine used. I saw the surgeon June 17 and found out I need to go through a 6 month supervised diet as none of my previous attempts at losing weight were supervised. I had been on Nutrisystem since June of 2014 and had only lost 38 pounds and told the Dr this. He said to stay with NS and do a food diary which he would look at during the second visit. The lady at the Dr office set me up to see the NUT June 29th and all she did was go over the post diet I was to follow. She said nothing about the supervised diet and when I asked if I see her each month for the next 5 months she said no I see the Surgeon. That was odd so I thought.

July 22nd I saw the Surgeon again and had lost 10 more pounds. He looked at my food diary and told me to get off of NS as they gave me way too many carbs. He wanted me to more or less follow the low carb/high Protein diet. I see him again Aug 24th for the 3rd visit. If insurance approves me I guess my surgery will be in 2016. I also have a porcelain gallbladder and umbilical hernia. The gallbladder will be removed if and when I have the WLS.

I have only told my friend and my roommate about the possible WLS. My friend is answering all kinds of specific questions about the WLS staff and program which is wonderful. I feel much more comfortable knowing someone who use that Dr and has already lost 150 pounds. He has about 50-75 more to lose.

Hope to become friends with all of you and will be following this thread.

Hi all I was looking at the profile of Jss1988 and saw a posting she made to this forum. I am not 100% sure if my surgery will be in Dec or Jan but I thought I would start posting .

During my 6 month supervised diet I only see the Nut two times. I have monthly classes with my surgeons

Office but I only see him 3 times in the 6 months. Every program is different but it sounds like it's on the up and up. Good luck :)

I'm happy that more people are coming along on this post. We need to all stick together in this process ! ... I had my pulmonary appointment yesterday that was kind of pointless and a waste of a copay but tomorrow I do my ekg, chest X-ray, and neck ultrasound . Hopefully these appointments will be more helpful and not a waste of time and money .

@neequa25...I agree! I had my pulmonary appointment on Monday and I also thought it was a waste of a copay. I was in the office a whole 10 minutes! But at least I'm cleared! Now back to the cardiologist for a echo and clearance. Then 3 nut classes left! We're on our way!

Just started my process . Met with surgeon have 3 more weight ins . My psy and nut are sept 3 , cardio sept 2 waiting on a sleep machine from dr office . Have to get my labs done . My surgeon and I discussed a dec date while I'm on winter break . If not I'm going to have to wait until spring recess

I was orginally scheduled for 8/4 and my surgeon was so sure I'd be approved got word back from the insurance company that i will need the 6 months monitored weightloss regemin had my visit with the Nut today and they are trying to see if my first appt in June can count towards my requirement so i can have my surgery in December broke my heart pissed me off to no end i was sure the surgeon did all the checks prior to submittal but no so here I am hoping for December or January

My EGD is scheduled for September 11! I can't wait, just one more step closer :)

It also saves you travel and having to leave work etc which is my case but at lest its once a month

@Mistie I think it's great that you can do your weight loss visits over the phone. That also saves you co-pays (if you have any). I wish Anthem BCBS offered this to me as a viable option. Good luck!

Yay!!!! My patient advocate said I could have the procedure the 14th/15th of December. I'm in Memphis, TN. Any other Tennesseans that are December sleevers in the area? I need a sleeve buddy.

December 21, 2015