Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What "negatives" are you experiencing?

I am 7 months post op of a gastric sleeve, and I don't know what's going on with me emotionally! I am diagnosdrd with bipolar 2, and I have never felt this BSD in my whole entire life!!! I can not think straight, my family is falling apart and I have a fiancé who " doesn't know how to handle highly emotional people" as he told me about 3 weeks sgo. And we have been together 11 years this September,!!! I don't know what to do!! my psych has been trying different antidepressants and nothing has workedvthur far!!! My fiance is ready to take our child and leave, and I can't even get him to talk to me when I need him most!!! I have never felt so alone in m entire 40yrs in this world_!! It feels like he doesn't love me anymore, and is just going thru the motions!! I am questioning why I am even alive and it feels like NOONE cares!!! This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through, and I have no support from ANYONE!!! I feel like just ending it all so I can finally have some piece of mind!!! I think that's not feesable, but the thoughts are still racing thru my head everyday, day in and out!! I've lost 120 lbs and still feel totally unattractive especially to the person I am in love with!! he is/or at least was my soul mate!!! I have never felt so unwanted by some one that I am so in love with!! But I think he is totally falling out of love with me! And it scares me to death!! I can not picture my life without him in it!! Has anyone been blue and/or

depressed since having surgery?? I honestly 66,t,don't know what to do about it .,,!! I feel lost and oh so alone!!! I'm scared that I an going to do about it!??????

Jengilligan so sorry to hear you're having a hard time. First please stop and pray. I can say that the changes you are going through with the meds can have you extremely moody and emotional and causing your fiancé to become frustrated. I don't think he just doesn't love you he just may not know how to deal. Take that into consideration. Just as it isn't easy for you to go through the changes with the disorder it's even harder for someone who doesn't know what you are going through. Ask him to attend your appointments and ask questions so that he can better help you and himself. Seek counseling for the relationship but most of all for yourself. God bless you!

Dr Weiner here disagrees about the sleeve stretching. He says it's a myth:

So I guess my surgeon is a quack, because I was told my sleeve is dilated. The dr that did my barium swallow noted it too...

Dr Weiner here disagrees about the sleeve stretching. He says it's a myth:

So I guess my surgeon is a quack, because I was told my sleeve is dilated. The dr that did my barium swallow noted it too...

How much did it dilate? What is the capacity of it now? Did you get 2nd, 3rd opinions?

Every surgeon I consulted advised a properly done sleeve cannot stretch because the majority of the fundus is removed. There is little to nothing to stretch. If a doctor leaves too much fundus behind, the possibility is real, however.

I'm sorry you are having issues. What's your plan of recourse now? :)

I have had 3 different doctors tell me the same thing. Because my sleeve is twisted as well, it is a bit complicated. With that said, once I go in for surgery I will be sure to give a full report. Because on this forum it is all about proving a point.

Side note- I had my sleeve in 2012, at that point still a newer procedure. I think each year they are learning more and more.

I have had 3 different doctors tell me the same thing. Because my sleeve is twisted as well, it is a bit complicated. With that said, once I go in for surgery I will be sure to give a full report. Because on this forum it is all about proving a point.

Side note- I had my sleeve in 2012, at that point still a newer procedure. I think each year they are learning more and more.

If only that was true :( it's impossible to prove a point when some are just too close minded or stubborn to admit they are flat wrong even when you show them medically publicized journals and xray pictures. And just a little reminder to everyone, we all sure heard a lot of false information about the band when it came out too, it was only after years of doing the procedure that we were able to learn the real damage it could do. It will be the same with the sleeve. Not so much damage, but stretching and failure rates for many. Thankfully some surgeons are already taking note of this so that they can properly educate their patients that it IS a possibility, while others sadly still have their head in the sand.

If only that was true :( it's impossible to prove a point when some are just too close minded or stubborn to admit they are flat wrong even when you show them medically publicized journals and xray pictures. And just a little reminder to everyone, we all sure heard a lot of false information about the band when it came out too, it was only after years of doing the procedure that we were able to learn the real damage it could do. It will be the same with the sleeve. Not so much damage, but stretching and failure rates for many. Thankfully some surgeons are already taking note of this so that they can properly educate their patients that it IS a possibility, while others sadly still have their head in the sand.
I posted a complete summary about what was going on with my sleeve after my barium swallow and EDG. Crickets, no comments, no well wishes. No one wants to read or talk about things that may paint the sleeve in a negative light. I was a slow loser and came on here for support and you get this feeling that no matter what you are doing (tracking, exercising, Water, followup care) that you are still doing something wrong. Macros off, to much this not enough that, that is why I stopped participating. I dealt with my NUT and dr. Because I lived abroad I had no support groups. The people that struggle don't come in the forum because I can tell you at one point they probably felt like the group was only supportive of those that appeared to be doing well. If you are losing weight, you must be following plan. NOT! I read lots of post of people that didn't follow protocol and they were still losing. So the ones that can't quite grasp why they are not losing fade to black on here. The sleeve is not perfect. When I tell my story, I ways say there have been many successful sleevers. I just was not one of them. What I can't take on BP is the people that come of condescending, as if adding a smiley face makes it all better.

beau within thank you so much for your support! I think my fiance feels as lost as I am, and he has never had to deal with anything like this before! He did tell me the other day that he misses the old jen! And that made me feel horrible! It's like I don't know how to be happy anymore!!! What could I do to make myself happy again? And this has been going on since at least Feb. I had the surgery in November!! I think its time to call my surgeon before something really bad happens and I lose EVERYTHING!!! thank you again for our wonderful words of wisdom! And BTW we have a couples therapy session tomorrow!!!

Jengilligan anytime hun. I am truly touched by your situation and praying for you. I'm glad you have counseling arranged try to block out the negatives let the positives and where you want to be override your sad emotions. Seek the happiness you and your fiance deserves, try thinking about or going back to the place where it all started why yall fell in love why you chose him and why b he chose you. I have read alot about people just feeling depressed after surgery. Can you recall what it is that makes you unhappy about getting a second chance at being healthy, did you do it for you or the world? Try and fin a local wls support group and a psych that focuses on these things. Best wishes and I am here for you hun!

I posted a complete summary about what was going on with my sleeve after my barium swallow and EDG. Crickets, no comments, no well wishes. No one wants to read or talk about things that may paint the sleeve in a negative light.

I'm truly sorry you feel that way! I can't say I read your thread as I don't read them all -- it's just not possible.

I just posted a long list of complications that I've had with my sleeve, so I would say that I DO realize that the sleeve is not perfect and there are some negatives things that happen.

I wish everyone great success in their weight loss efforts, no matter if they pick the sleeve, bypass, the band, Atkins. WWs, the cabbage diet....

(I'd add a non sarcastic smiley face but I'm kind of scared to.)

I am interested in what happens with this revision as I am considering it

I posted a complete summary about what was going on with my sleeve after my barium swallow and EDG. Crickets, no comments, no well wishes. No one wants to read or talk about things that may paint the sleeve in a negative light.

I'm truly sorry you feel that way! I can't say I read your thread as I don't read them all -- it's just not possible.

I just posted a long list of complications that I've had with my sleeve, so I would say that I DO realize that the sleeve is not perfect and there are some negatives things that happen.

I wish everyone great success in their weight loss efforts, no matter if they pick the sleeve, bypass, the band, Atkins. WWs, the cabbage diet....

(I'd add a non sarcastic smiley face but I'm kind of scared to.)

Really no need to apologize. You scared, I highly doubt that.

I am interested in what happens with this revision as I am considering it

I will keep you posted. I have several things that need to be addressed during surgery. I am hoping it is late Sept, early Oct.

I revised from sleeve to MGB 3 months ago, so far so good, 30 lbs down (15 lbs from goal) and doing great !!