Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much food can you eat after being baned

Honestly, this is one of the most common worries and ironically one of the most common frustrations afterwards is that people feel they can still eat too much.

I'm a little unusual I guess in that I've gotten to 2.9mls in my band and I'm not tight. Its weird. I dont have a stretched pouch and I dont have a leak. I just seem to be extremely fill resistant.

I would say I eat probably the way a naturally thin person with a small appetite would eat. And I eat like a lady now, not like a pig scarfing at a trough, which is what I used to feel like. But if you didnt know me, and know I was banded, you would see nothing amiss. You might comment "arent you very hungry" but most often, I eat enough that people would never notice.

I have not given up any food, my enjoyment of food has actually increased since I am no longer controlled by it, I love to cook nice things, enjoy gourmet things, eat out, etc. Sunday cooked breakfasts are great - now I eat lightly and enjoy it, before I used to stuff myself stupid and spend the rest of the day regretting it, life is so much better than it was now that food has its rightful place in my life. You can enjoy it, eat it but not be controlled by it.

I have been lucky though - whereas some would have despaired at my lack of restriction and been unable to lose, I've filled the gap with running and still lost weight but not had to give up much. But you do need to be prepared that you might not be able to eat certain foods, this or that. There's some things that just arent worth eating for me, too uncomfortable, generally pizza, fish and chips and junk foods like that, but honestly, you associate them with unpleasantness and very quickly get over them and dont miss them at all.

one day before 3rd fill: 2/3 c. cottage cheese w/ raspberries; 1/2 c tuna mixed with mayo, crackers; Honey Mustard chicken salad from Quiznos (ate 1/2); a scoop of low-carb chocolate ice cream

One day after 3rd fill: (on mushies for 2 days) 1/2 c cottage cheese w/ pureed pineapple; 1/2 banana mashed with 1T smooth peanut butter; 2/3 c strawberry banana Protein smoothie; 3 oz. light cheddar (chewed well) and 3/4 c honeydew melon chunks.

I'm perfectly satisfied with those meals!

Generally I have a hard time with white meat chicken, any beef except filets, anything fried, soft breads. Have never tried Pasta or rice since being banded. When I was in the consideration stage I was terrified to give up so many foods. But honestly I haven't had to give up much at all and what I have given up I don't miss.

Life is good! I love my band!

I can eat anything, just not much of it. I can eat 1/4 of a sandwich and no more. I always start my day with a Protein Shake so that helps. I can typically eat about 1 oz of meat at a time. Nothing more. Good luck.

I have a pretty loose fill now (1cc in a band that holds 4cc's) because I had previously had an unfill due to a too-tight fill (1.5cc's).

It seems I'm eating alot more than everyone who answered! I eat a minimum of 1 cup of food per meal, and sometimes even 1.5 cups.

However, I keep my calories to 1,000-1,300 per day via strict calorie counting.

Since I've had my loose fill and have started the strict calorie counting (I have also cut out white flour and sugar), I am losing much faster than before, even while eating the 1-1.5 cups per meal.

As an example, my dinner last night was 1/2 cup of squash with Beans, and 1/2 cup of whole grain Pasta with low cal yogurt sauce. So that was a cup total, but then shortly after that, I snuck a few more bites of each and had about 1/4 cup of whole grain Indian snack mix. So my total dinner intake was probably 1.5 cups or just under.

Despite this, my total daily caloric intake was under 1,300.

So, I feel that as long as I don't feel overstuffed and am watching calories, I am doing fine.