Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I've noticed...

It's an illusion! :) they are my least favorite body part but I'm gonna deal with it. I do want to start lifting some too. My husband is suppose to be fixing me up a area in the basement.

Elode, you look mahvelous, my dear. :)

Just gorgeous.

I believe you completely..... people treat "thin" people differently than fat people. When I was thin, men would fall all over themselves to open a door for me, I got compliments from strangers on a daily basis. When I was at 214 pounds, I could walk into a building and 3 men would let the door slam in my face before they'd consider opening it for me. I was invisible.

@@natnat919 It's sad that people (some) base the way they treat you on what you look like it's a tale as old as time. It's kinda neat to have a perspective on both sides though :)

OMG!!! @@Elode You look MARVELOUS MAMA!!! I only read comments from my phone app and it limits what I see. I've been thinking about some of the posters around the time I had surgery the other day and how they're surviving. ???? So glad to hear of your success!! I too haven't been habitual about exercising, but trying to change my wicked ways. Lol Either way it still a lot of hard work. Congrats!!!

@@Thenewnic Well thank you! I think most of us know I was not one for the exercise, I will admit it but I'm doing it now! Hope your going well!

@@Elode lookin' good, sister.

No one was ever mean to me either, probably because I would never allow it, even from strangers. I always felt like I was hard to miss, lol. I'm not sure anyone is treating my any better....maybe they are. I guess I do see it a little here and there. Strangers will talk to me in stores when shopping. No one ever did that in Lane Bryant - maybe we were all miserable and invisible together in there.

As for arms - brachioplasty all the way! I LOVE my new arms. :)

@@Elode

Look at you! Beautiful inside and out.

Invisible was fine for me at my high weight. i admit the complements and reactions feel great. I'm always amazed people treat us much better when your healthy.

The arm thing I'm fine when my arms are at my sides. I think to get rid of it plastics are the only way to go. I strength train. It helps a but my bat wings just have a bicep LOL

You look amazing! Not only thinner but younger too! It's amazing how being large can make us look older than we are.

Awesome accomplishment Elode! We had surgery the same week. I was Oct. 30. I also cut my hair in a bob but I had it colored the other day and my hair dresser said it's starting to come back. Yipeeee!! I don't mind having short hair but it was getting really thin. I literally could see a bald spot by my part and now it's not anymore.

Arms-I do weight/resistance training 3 x a week. Just 30 min so it's not a huge time suck. I have 3,5,8,10,12 lbs at home so I don't have to go to a gym. For Christmas I bought myself a subscription to Shape and Women's health. They always have exercises in those magazines that are nice to try and change it up and there's a ton of stuff on the web.

Being noticed- For the most part everyone has been super supportive however there have been a few friends that are women that are a little annoying when asking me every other day...how much have you lost now? It also creeps me out when men stare now. Probably because I am married with 2 kids and I didn't gain weight until I had 2 kids so I haven't had men stare at me since I was single in my 20's. Now that I am 45 I am really not used to it.

Have a great weekend-

LA

I was told a couple of days ago that I seem happier now then I did before my surgery. I would say I am much happier then I was before. I have only lost 40 lbs in 4 months, but I am happy with my progress, I know that I should be around 50 lbs right now, but I am okay with where I am. My goal is still another 70lbs by 03/17/16 my anniversary date.

Congrats on all your hard work, @@Elode! There are a bunch of GREAT arm workouts on Youtube that don't require weights. I belong to a gym that does 45 minute boot camp type classes that I love (M/W - Cardio, Tues - Arms, Thu - Legs, Fri - Kickboxing), but my time is at a minimum to attend because I'm studying for the NJ/NY bar exams at the end of this month. UGH.

I've found this one particular video is a great one before I'm ready to shower at night. Only need to carve out thirty minutes or so:

I've also been using my dad's old stationary bike (which has been sitting in my parents' bedroom and used as a clothes rack for years) while reviewing my notes. Killing two birds with one stone!

Congrats on your success!! My surgery is Monday!! I can't wait!

It's so strange (and sad) that some women have great difficulty being supportive and complimentary to other women. I, on the other hand, go out of my way to compliment women. There is a girl at my church that over heard me talking about my upcoming surgery to someone else and immediately started saying negative things about the process and telling me that I'm fine the way that I am. Really??? Or do you just NOT want me to have the surgery because you know what it will do for my confidence and self esteem?? I think that sometimes your awesomeness (my made up word lol) magnifies the insecurities of others! I hate that it's that way but I'm finding that more often than not - it is that way.

Anyway! Yooooouuu, my dear, look amazing! I'm so happy for you!!!!! :)