Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monieanne - I'm transitioning from lapband to sleeve too! I am over all this weight gain. With sleeve I went down to 119lbs but then complications. I"m up to 209lbs now and feeling miserable. I'm can't wait to get my high energy life back! 8/26/15

My doctor requires a low carb diet of 20 carbs a day. Does anyone else's surgeon require this? Also my post op is:

2 weeks Clear Liquids

Week 3-4 full liquid

Week 5-6 purée / soft

Week 7 soft

Week 8 start healthy diet

My surgery is scheduled for Fri Aug 14th, that's in 4 days...I'm nervous!

My doctor requires a low carb diet of 20 carbs a day. Does anyone else's surgeon require this? Also my post op is:

2 weeks clear liquids

Week 3-4 full liquid

Week 5-6 purée / soft

Week 7 soft

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I just signed up on this site. My pre-op is 7 days full liquids. But I'm not real sure if I know what that's supposed to mean. There were no discussions about calories or carbs. My post op is much less restrictive: 3 days clear liquids, 9 days of full liquids, 7 days of puree/soft and then "as tolerated" after 21 days.

Edited by ccscalzo

2 weeks clear liquids

Week 3-4 full liquid

Week 5-6 purée / soft

Week 7 soft

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I just signed up on this site. My pre-op is 7 days full liquids. But I'm not real sure if I know what that's supposed to mean. There were no discussions about calories or carbs. My post op is much less restrictive: 3 days clear liquids, 9 days of full liquids, 7 days of puree/soft and then "as tolerated" after 21 days.

I think all surgeons are different. I'm currently on the pre-op low carb diet for 2 weeks. My surgery is the 19th. I have noticed that my post op is a bit stricter than most, but I will follow his instructions.

I leave for Mexico a week from tomorrow! What a ride this has been I made my decision last month and this just seems like a dream. Scared, excited and am so ready to lose this weight. I have not heard any bad stories about the sleeve in Mexico. Started my pre diet today.

@@englandgirlsleever, thanks for posting right after your surgery! It's great to hear that you are doing so well - especially for those of us who are still waiting for our turn to come.

I got sleeved yesterday! Everything went great, took me a lot longer to come around after than expected! I also lost 7kg from my week pre op diet yipeeee! Still in hospital and get discharged tomorrow! Still on Water at the moment, for all people who are doubting having it done, believe me it worth it! X

Dawn I am going to Tijuana! Who is your surgeon!? I'm so excited I have 4 more lbs to lose by Tuesday hopefully I can do it!

@@Pejela my surgeon is dr. Ponce de leon. He has specials on here, and he is the head of bariatric surgery at the hospital he works out of. I see that you have Dr. Ortiz. I hear that he is one of the best! I wonder if we will end up in the same hospital? I am not sure that I know the name of the hosp I will go to. There are a couple. And do you recover at the recovery "condos" or in the hotel?

Hello sleevers, my surgery is August 20th. I have been on a diet and exercise for months now and lost 20lbs already which is the wt my MD told me to lose before surgery. Now I started my liquid diet 8/6/15 which each very hard not eating real food. Any suggestion how to overcome the hunger?

And what supplies you recommend I can buy after surgery other than jelo, shakes and broths?

Hi @@jfer , I actually don't feel hungry on full liquids, because it seems like I am having something every couple of hours. Besides what you mentioned, you could have yogurt drinks, or kefir (I like the kefir for the probiotics), and fruit juices. Various kinds of broths, Tomato juice, or mix tomato juice half and half with either chicken or beef broth - I like that too. I find the kefir coats my stomach and helps with the hunger pangs, and fruit juice has natural sugars which also help me. For after, make sure you have lots of broth and every kind of clear liquid you can think of. GNC has a liquid form of Calcium (I like the blueberry flavor), and they also sell a Multi-Vitamin powder that you mix with water - it tastes like fruit punch! If you can drink herbal teas, try Celestial Seasonings or Stash in peppermint flavor - it is soothing to touchy tummies.

This SURGERY hurts like HELL!!!!!!!!!!!@@baylorbears281 Right, NOT helpful! AND, is the very opposite from everyone else's experiences on these boards. IF you have had the surgery and IF you experienced a lot of pain, I am sorry for you because the doctors and nurses are supposed to help keep your pain under control.

Hi Dawn I am on the gurney waiting for the doctors! Great advice on the Vitamin and calcium! I got them waiting at home. Im really excited but super nervous! Pray for me to join everybody in the losers bench!

@@englandgirlsleever, thanks for posting right after your surgery! It's great to hear that you are doing so well - especially for those of us who are still waiting for our turn to come.

I got sleeved yesterday! Everything went great, took me a lot longer to come around after than expected! I also lost 7kg from my week pre op diet yipeeee! Still in hospital and get discharged tomorrow! Still on Water at the moment, for all people who are doubting having it done, believe me it worth it! X

Dawn I am going to Tijuana! Who is your surgeon!? I'm so excited I have 4 more lbs to lose by Tuesday hopefully I can do it!

@@Pejela my surgeon is dr. Ponce de leon. He has specials on here, and he is the head of bariatric surgery at the hospital he works out of. I see that you have Dr. Ortiz. I hear that he is one of the best! I wonder if we will end up in the same hospital? I am not sure that I know the name of the hosp I will go to. There are a couple. And do you recover at the recovery "condos" or in the hotel?

Hello sleevers, my surgery is August 20th. I have been on a diet and exercise for months now and lost 20lbs already which is the wt my MD told me to lose before surgery. Now I started my liquid diet 8/6/15 which each very hard not eating real food. Any suggestion how to overcome the hunger?

And what supplies you recommend I can buy after surgery other than jelo, shakes and broths?

p>
Hi @@jfer , I actually don't feel hungry on full liquids, because it seems like I am having something every couple of hours. Besides what you mentioned, you could have yogurt drinks, or kefir (I like the kefir for the probiotics), and fruit juices. Various kinds of broths, Tomato juice, or mix tomato juice half and half with either chicken or beef broth - I like that too. I find the kefir coats my stomach and helps with the hunger pangs, and fruit juice has natural sugars which also help me. For after, make sure you have lots of broth and every kind of clear liquid you can think of. GNC has a liquid form of Calcium (I like the blueberry flavor), and they also sell a Multi-Vitamin powder that you mix with water - it tastes like fruit punch! If you can drink herbal teas, try Celestial Seasonings or Stash in peppermint flavor - it is soothing to touchy tummies.

This SURGERY hurts like HELL!!!!!!!!!!!@@baylorbears281 Right, NOT helpful! AND, is the very opposite from everyone else's experiences on these boards. IF you have had the surgery and IF you experienced a lot of pain, I am sorry for you because the doctors and nurses are supposed to help keep your pain under control.

Hi Dawn I am on the gurney waiting for the doctors! Great advice on the Vitamin and calcium! I got them waiting at home. Im really excited but super nervous! Pray for me to join everybody in the losers bench!
in the hospital over night and then off to the Marriott! Where are you!?

I get sleeved tomorrow! Good luck to all the August sleevers. Praying that everyone has a wonderful outcome. Good-bye excess weight!

Had surgery yesterday

I hurt like hell gas is fucking crazy and my 6 sutures are extremely sore. Doctor said everything went really well. Threw up last night most horrible experience ever as well as you throat hurts like crazy. Was walking around yesterday but it's painful to push to pee or fart ;:-/

Surgery is august 17th. Anyone close to me that might wanna be sleeve sisters and maybe has Facebook to stay in touch?

@@Pejela, how are you doing? I will be there tomorrow for my surgery. It's late in the day at INT hospital. I stay in hospital for 2 nights, then they put me up in the Laverna hotel. So I guess we won't meet in person :( Unless we ask to stay in the Marriott. I don't know, I think we have to go where they put us. I hope everything went well for you and that you don't have too much pain or gas. Keep me up to date!

Had surgery yesterday

I hurt like hell gas is ******* crazy and my 6 sutures are extremely sore. Doctor said everything went really well. Threw up last night most horrible experience ever as well as you throat hurts like crazy. Was walking around yesterday but it's painful to push to pee or fart ;:-/

I am sorry you are having so much pain. Please don't suffer in silence! Let the nurses know, or the doctor, or your coordinator or facilitator, or whoever is with you. Make sure you get on some pain killers. As for the gas, I know lots of people have the same trouble. All you can do is walk around to get your body metabolism going so that it can get rid of the gas. If you are out of the hospital, some people say GAs-x helps. If you can, send someone to the local pharmacy (or farmacia if you are in MX) to pick some up for you. Here's hoping for a day full of burps and farts so help you feel better :)

;) :huh: :blush:

@[member="Dawn306" Good luck to you tomorrow! Safe travels and hope you have a quick recovery!

Edited by mlmanney