Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jfzimmerman

I am so happy to hear you are doing well! My turn on Monday the 10th. 12 pounds down and ready. Please give tips on post op care. So glad to hear all is well!

My surgery is on the 10th also.

Any recommendation for online store for liquid Multivitamins and Vit.D? I heard you can't take your chewables yet post-op, I don't know how long.I keep looking but no luck. All I can find is Vit.D. I might get lucky at GNC but I bet it will be super expensive.

I got my Isopure Protein Drink at luckyvitamin.com so far they have the list expensive price online I found. You can d/l the app Retailmenot on ur phone for coupons which they offer often.

Any recommendation for online store for liquid multivitamins and Vit.D? I heard you can't take your chewables yet post-op, I don't know how long.I keep looking but no luck. All I can find is Vit.D. I might get lucky at GNC but I bet it will be super expensive.

I got my Isopure Protein drink at luckyvitamin.com so far they have the list expensive price online I found. You can d/l the app Retailmenot on ur phone for coupons which they offer often.

I found bluebonnet calcium citrate on Amazon. I was surprised when my NUT said we could have chewables right after surgery.

MZ Alice- are you still on for the 25th? I am!! I start my 2 week liquid diet on the 11th. I am so excited that the wait is almost over!!

Hi Laura, I have to go see my physician on the 10th then I'll start my pre-op diet. My feeling are all over the place.

Hello everyone I am scheduled for August 20th! I'm excited and nervous!

@@englandgirlsleever, thanks for posting right after your surgery! It's great to hear that you are doing so well - especially for those of us who are still waiting for our turn to come.

I got sleeved yesterday! Everything went great, took me a lot longer to come around after than expected! I also lost 7kg from my week pre op diet yipeeee! Still in hospital and get discharged tomorrow! Still on Water at the moment, for all people who are doubting having it done, believe me it worth it! X

Dawn I am going to Tijuana! Who is your surgeon!? I'm so excited I have 4 more lbs to lose by Tuesday hopefully I can do it!

@@Pejela my surgeon is dr. Ponce de leon. He has specials on here, and he is the head of bariatric surgery at the hospital he works out of. I see that you have Dr. Ortiz. I hear that he is one of the best! I wonder if we will end up in the same hospital? I am not sure that I know the name of the hosp I will go to. There are a couple. And do you recover at the recovery "condos" or in the hotel?

Hello sleevers, my surgery is August 20th. I have been on a diet and exercise for months now and lost 20lbs already which is the wt my MD told me to lose before surgery. Now I started my liquid diet 8/6/15 which each very hard not eating real food. Any suggestion how to overcome the hunger?
And what supplies you recommend I can buy after surgery other than jelo, shakes and broths?

Hi @@jfer , I actually don't feel hungry on full liquids, because it seems like I am having something every couple of hours. Besides what you mentioned, you could have yogurt drinks, or kefir (I like the kefir for the probiotics), and fruit juices. Various kinds of broths, Tomato juice, or mix tomato juice half and half with either chicken or beef broth - I like that too. I find the kefir coats my stomach and helps with the hunger pangs, and fruit juice has natural sugars which also help me. For after, make sure you have lots of broth and every kind of clear liquid you can think of. GNC has a liquid form of Calcium (I like the blueberry flavor), and they also sell a Multi-Vitamin powder that you mix with water - it tastes like fruit punch! If you can drink herbal teas, try Celestial Seasonings or Stash in peppermint flavor - it is soothing to touchy tummies.

This SURGERY hurts like HELL!!!!!!!!!!!@@baylorbears281 Right, NOT helpful! AND, is the very opposite from everyone else's experiences on these boards. IF you have had the surgery and IF you experienced a lot of pain, I am sorry for you because the doctors and nurses are supposed to help keep your pain under control.

Edited by Dawn306

I'm scheduled for the 19th. The day before school. Insurance held me up. I thought about teaching a few weeks and going in September but my principal recommended I get it over with.