Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day one of the pre op diet. Thankfully I am allowed some things other than shakes. I'm fighting a headache but I think that is my household being busy, running since early this morning, and not near enough Water.

How is everyone else doing?

had a headache the first 3 days and then they were gone. The 4 th day was easy then the 5th day the brain was acting up so I slipped and ate rice, then I was fine and been pretty good I've lost 10lbs so far from HW but 7 lbs since preop I'm on day 10

Day one here also! I woke up with a Migraine so I can't speak to the headache, but I've never been so tired after getting a decent night sleep. I think I need to spread my calories out better, I was trying to save some so it didn't look weird when I go out with friends tonight. Did anyone else have this problem????

are you allowed vegetables? That's what got me through is veggies when we went to BBQ and I put my shake in a mug too

Hi guys. After reading a post on "the gastric sleeve surgery was the worst mistake I ever made" I am feeling quite unsettled. I have researched and read threads about possible complications, and I already was aware that things don't go well for everyone, but I am kind of having second thoughts a little....does anyone else feel the same?

Hi Catherine, I felt the same way a couple of days ago when I read that same post! I was already kind of panicking, and that just made it so much worse! But, I think that person didn't think it through, and that is her biggest issue. She goes on and on about how to lose weight "properly" with diet and exercise. Right, like we all didn't try that a dozen times already? I also have the education that she talks about (mine is a Masters of Science in Kinesiology), but I have been around long enough to know that the same ol' same ol' just doesn't work for everyone. I had gotten into that field because I wanted to research more about weight loss and why it doesn't work for everyone, but the peer pressure was overwhelming. You can't be in that industry and go against the grain. You have to learn what they teach, and then spew it back at every client you have. This is what this person is doing. Sure, she did the whole fitness and diet thing and it worked for her. Yay for her. However, because she is sleeved, she has the advantage of not gaining it all back.

She is what? 21? A baby! I thought I had the world by the tail when I was that age too. I was always able to diet and exercise to get back to my healthy weight - at that age. In my 20's, easy peasy! In my 30's, well, a little more work, but I went to WW and became a lifetime member! Woo hoo! And then I had an injury that didn't allow me to exercise, that I was on pain killers for for months. Over the next two years I had two surgeries, and gradually, gradually, I gained it all back, plus more. But wait! There's more! Long story short, I lost that weight again using a low carb diet, gained it again, lost most of it on WW again, then gained it all again, and have been trying, unsuccessfully to lose weight for the last two years. I just go up and down. I'm in my 50's now. That is why I have decided to get the sleeve. So that my weight loss will be permanent this time.

I know many of you can identify with my yo-yo dieting throughout my life. But this is what the poster of "why getting the sleeve was the worst thing I have ever done" is not able to identify with. She hasn't spent 50 or 60 years fighting with her weight. She made a quick decision and then after is regretting it. But her regret is only there because she is not aware that all the exercise and dieting in the world doesn't work after a while. She is lucky. She won't have to live her life constantly beating herself up because she gained weight again. She just doesn't have enough experience to know that. But we know that. And we know that we are on the right track to making our next weight loss journey a truly lasting successful one. Right?!

Oh, and BTW, same goes for the mister know-it-all who did only his pre-op diet and then backed out of the surgery and started exercising and eating right...yada yada yada...you know the one.

Dawn I am right there with you, and am so glad you shared your story because I am a few years younger than you but definitely similar in story and I had a wonderful kinesiology at that would be furious with me but you know what, I cannot allow my body to go through anymore yo yo it is finally impacted my body to the point that it's harming and reducing my lifespan and I'm only 44 and intend to live a lot longer and not house bound but climbing mountains. Exactly your point of injury, as it is part of life getting injured, the next time, hopefully never again but the next time it does then I won't gain all the weight back and more on top of depression setting in from feeling like a failure. Thanks again, I am sleeving on Tuesday and have 4lbs to lose left for surgery weight! Wish me luck and I send you thoughts of success and weight loss!
Good luck to you @Pejala ! Tuesday will be here before you know it! I can only imagine how excited/nervous you are! hope all goes smoothly for you and you have a quick recovery!
thanks Dawn!

Day one here also! I woke up with a Migraine so I can't speak to the headache, but I've never been so tired after getting a decent night sleep. I think I need to spread my calories out better, I was trying to save some so it didn't look weird when I go out with friends tonight. Did anyone else have this problem????

are you allowed vegetables? That's what got me through is veggies when we went to BBQ and I put my shake in a mug too
a

Thank heavens for vegetables! We are on a 1000 calorie diet. I can still go out and have a salad with some grilled chicken and no dressing.

Every time I think this is a bad idea, I review the statistics in my head. It really is my best option.

Hello sleevers, my surgery is August 20th. I have been on a diet and exercise for months now and lost 20lbs already which is the wt my MD told me to lose before surgery. Now I started my liquid diet 8/6/15 which each very hard not eating real food. Any suggestion how to overcome the hunger?

And what supplies you recommend I can buy after surgery other than jelo, shakes and broths?

Maybe, we can support each other on this, if you like. I am going to a birthday party this coming thursday and only my sister knows I am going for surgery which she is going with me for support.

I just joined a secret support group on fb, the administrator is a member here.

Maybe, we can support each other on this, if you like. I am going to a birthday party this coming thursday and only my sister knows I am going for surgery which she is going with me for support.

I just joined a secret support group on fb, the administrator is a member here.

Do you know of any other secret Facebook groups? I've only told a few friends and family that I'm having this procedure and would love to join a FB group for additional support

Edited by sleeveme77

Hi sleeme77, our administrator is LuAnn Pierce from Denver on fb,her picture is with a yellow lab dog.You can add me also on fb my name is Jennifer En with my family background legoland,FL

Hi sleeme77, our administrator is LuAnn Pierce from Denver on fb,her picture is with a yellow lab dog.You can add me also on fb my name is Jennifer En with my family background legoland,FL

Thank you! My name is Alisa, I will have a yellow shirt on in my profile pic as I send the request :-)

Was sleeved Wednesday August 5th and everything went great. My surgeon was very pleased with my pre surgery weight loss and said it definitely helped surgery go well. The first few days after surgery were tough but really doing better today. Absolutely no regrets!! For those of you on pre-op diet, my advice is to follow it to the letter. It WILL help with surgery and healing.

Thank you! My name is Alisa, I will have a yellow shirt on in my profile pic as I send the request :-)

Hi Alisa, would you add me as well? My surgery is 8/20. Beth Kirsch, Philadelphia, PA. Thanks!!!!