Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do not buy an abdominal binder. This could cause sweating and bacteria buildup at your incision sites and could cause infection. Just use a pillow to push against your tummy and do lots of walking. It's so important to start moving right after surgery. I was feeling the best out of the 5 of us that stayed the night of my surgery. Listen to those nurses. Walk and drink (sip). Good luck!! :)

Hi everyone,

It's been 2 to 3 months for us August sleevers, and I am wondering how everyone is doing? I wanted to post some questions to the larger community, but I'm not sure where to put them, so I thought, what better than to ask the folks who are at the same stage as I am?

I lost 35 pounds in the first 2 months (including the 10 days pre-op), but then I plateaued and didn't lose anything for 2 full weeks. Of course, even though I've heard others say not to worry, I still worried! I'm at the point where I can eat almost anything now, so I wasn't stopped by the nausea and pains that I had at first.

Then we had Canadian Thanksgiving, and I ate more than I should have for 3 days in a row. I didn't listen to my body's signals and was just trying to keep eating because it tasted so good. But then, I would get pains in my stomach which alerted me to being full and I stopped eating. But within 20 minutes, I would feel so full I felt like I wanted to throw up. Each burp would bring up food into my esophagus. Yuck! Has anybody else done this? Now I am trying to eat slower and listen to my body's signals, but some times I don't think about it and just eat like I used to. And guess what? I lost 3 pounds!!??!! What the heck? Anybody else find that? I used to be a weight watchers leader, and I remember that we were instructed that if people ate too little, their body's metabolism would slow down too, so we would tell them to eat a bit more to break a plateau. It worked!

I am finding weight loss coming a lot slower for me now, but I am trying to only weigh once a week so that I don't obsess over it. I'm sad that the initial fast weight loss phase is over. Is this what everyone is experiencing too?

Last thing I wanted to tell you is that Bariatric Pal has a new online store for high Protein weight loss foods! Maybe you already know this, but I wanted to make sure you all know about it. Prices are a bit high, but you can find stuff there that I can't find in my local stores. I have tried a few things, and my favorite so far is the Decaffeinated Cappuccino mix. It's unbelievably yummy! 60 calories, only 2 carbs, and 12 grams of protein! I also am in love with the peanut and pretzel bars. Finally, a Protein Bar that isn't so sickly sweet! Here is the link, and I'm looking forward to re-connecting with you all and finding out what's going well, what is a problem, whatever you want to chat about.

http://store.bariatricpal.com/

p.s. use this code to take 10% off your order: BPLAUNCH10

I was sleeved on 8/31. I lost 12 pounds on my pre-op diet, and 40 pounds so far post-op, for a total of 52 pounds. I'm lucky in that I haven't had a stall yet. Two weeks ago I had a 1 pound loss, and thought it was time fore the weight loss to slow down, and then had a 6.6 pound loss the next week!

SW was 245, and I'm down to 192.6. I'm so thrilled with my progress so far!!

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

Sleeved on 8/17 and down 44 pounds since surgery.

I haven't had any issues at all once I got passed the first week or so.

I feel great.

Wow! 52 and 44 pounds! That's so great! Glad to hear you two are doing well. People's interest sure drops off after getting over the operation and the first few weeks it seems. Are either of you exercising? I can't do much, due to scar tissue on my lower spine. So, I can't help the loss along by burning calories with exercise. Other than that, I'm not sure why my weight loss is so slow. But, I'm still happy I did it. Thanks for the responses.

Wow! 52 and 44 pounds! That's so great! Glad to hear you two are doing well. People's interest sure drops off after getting over the operation and the first few weeks it seems. Are either of you exercising? I can't do much, due to scar tissue on my lower spine. So, I can't help the loss along by burning calories with exercise. Other than that, I'm not sure why my weight loss is so slow. But, I'm still happy I did it. Thanks for the responses.

Hi Dawn! I just started exercising three weeks ago. I only went once my first week, and then twice the last two weeks. I had a HUGE loss (6.6 pounds) last week, so I'm assuming getting even a little exercise in is making a difference. I'm going to start going 3 times a week starting this week. It's a moderately intense workout, with cardio and resistance training.

Have you talked to your surgeon about exercise options that might work for you? Maybe something in the pool? Just remember it doesn't matter how fast or slow the weight comes off, just as long as the scale keeps moving in the right direction! Keep following your plan, and try not to get discouraged :)

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

Aug 5 and 23 lbs down I had a month stall but scale is now moving slowly I was hoping to get the 10 lb avg per month as the rest of you ????but it's not happening , and I am okay as losing turtle pace , as long as I finish the journey

Have been averaging 2 lb loss per week. So far 34 lbs since surgery. Current weight 160 and size 14. I was a 3X its still weird not going to women's plus department i pass it and remember but happy to be wearing large and size 14. Still need 35 more. Started spin class this week did pretty good. Its so much easier to exercise being less heavy. Hope the exercise will give me more results. Also i think i dont eat enough either so i am trying to pay attention to my intake as well. Hope everyone is doing well.

Edited by rln52

I was sleeved 8/26 started BMI 32 -183lb . Now 152 lb . I was size 16 and now wearing size 10 and 12. I'm thrilled with my results. I eat 3 meals per day and I eat wherever I want but very small portion I can only tolerate (2-3 bites of carbs or vegetable) ( 3 oz of meat) (one egg) ( one stick of cheese) I'm not exercising yet. I m loosing 1-2 pounds per wk.

I was sleeved 8/26 started BMI 32 -183lb . Now 152 lb . I was size 16 and now wearing size 10 and 12. I'm thrilled with my results. I eat 3 meals per day and I eat wherever I want but very small portion I can only tolerate (2-3 bites of carbs or vegetable) ( 3 oz of meat) (one egg) ( one stick of cheese) I'm not exercising yet. I m loosing 1-2 pounds per wk.

So you've lost 183 since August ? I'm confused because how could your BMI be 32 at 300+lbs? Help me out! Lol I'm only at -37lbs. I need to know what in the world you're doing.

Ooohhhh ok! I though u were super work out girl! ???? still a great job though.