Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. WTF am I doing wrong?

My surgery was May 28. I have lost 18 lbs. I think its ok weight loss. With the sleeve the weight comes off slower than with the bypass. Just be patient and follow your plan.

My surgery was June 4 , I only lost 15 pounds so far. I am also upset, I feel I am Hardly eating it should come off quicker.

Anybody with th same results? I just started mushy foods, yougurt has 17 carbs, I am wondering if I should even eat it.

15 pounds in 7 days is a huge amount of loss. There might be some yogurts with less carbs but look at your total for the day. It seems like everyone everywhere has a different idea of what is the right way to eat. I eat 30 or less a day and I am still not losing. I gave up yogurt and pretty much anything else like it and I am just barely losing .2 pounds a week. Hang in there love.

Did the Dr. by any chance discontinue any if your medications? mine discontinued my Metformin and my HCTZ and stool softeners. When he discharged me from the hospital . I wasn't losing at all until I called him and asked to be put back on all my pre-op meds.

I wasn't really on anything before surgery other than BP meds. I took myself off of them because I started getting dizzy after surgery with them. I was only a little bit high when I was put on them.

I do have a epic TON of heartburn and it feels like hunger. I am thinking about going in to Zoom care and asking for something for it. Maybe that is why I feel the need to eat so many meals in a day.

Did the Dr. by any chance discontinue any if your medications? mine discontinued my Metformin and my HCTZ and stool softeners. When he discharged me from the hospital . I wasn't losing at all until I called him and asked to be put back on all my pre-op meds.

I have really bad GERD. I take omeprazole 40 mg twice a day. That's a lot but you can get it over the counter as Prilosec and take 20 mg a day. If that does't help get an MD to prescribe 40 mg a day.

Good call. I am upping my Water intake. I know I was lacking in that department. I am making a point to get in 60-80oz of Water a day...not including any other liquids like Protein and such. Hopefully that will help. But 8 weeks of water? I think my body is just like

OMG NOOOOOOO you have not weighed less than 220 since you were 15....this is going to KILL YOU. YOU CAN"T DO IT. And so it is just staying right freaking where it wants to be.

Little does it know.....

I. Will. Win!

@@thecakewasalie
If your blood pressure medication was a diuretic then you may be retaining Fluid.

I am so scared of this same thing!!! Good luck to you!!

@@RNsleever715

Here is the upside...and it took me all month to come to this conclusion. Yes...I have not lost any weight in almost 8 weeks. YES i am very bugged about that. BUT...and this is a big BUT (one T not 2)

I AM NOT GAINING ANY WEIGHT EITHER. I gained 3 pounds and it is almost gone so I am pretty sure that was PMS weight. BUT prior to having this done I was not only not losing but when I didn't lose I would panic...eat..and gain. I gained 40 pounds in a year. So if I only lose 20 pounds a YEAR and I don't GAIN...that is a HUGE plus!

Good luck with your surgery!

I am so scared of this same thing!!! Good luck to you!!

Thank you! I have been worried that I'm going to take this drastic step and then I'm not going to lose, I'll sabotage myself, etc ???? Thanks for the info - it sounds to me like you're doing great! I'll need to keep this in mind post op.

I just started my low carb diet today, so I'm super grouchy and tired. Lol!

Thank you! I have been worried that I'm going to take this drastic step and then I'm not going to lose, I'll sabotage myself, etc ???? Thanks for the info - it sounds to me like you're doing great! I'll need to keep this in mind post op.

I just started my low carb diet today, so I'm super grouchy and tired. Lol!

You can find me on instagram too by the same name if you just want a buddy post op. There are a lot of vsg-ers there too!

You can find me on instagram too by the same name if you just want a buddy post op. There are a lot of vsg-ers there too!

Found you! this is a secret to my friends & family ????

i eat 5 times a day - 2 of those "meals" are Protein replacements of some sort - a shake - a Syntrax drink a hard boiled egg - Protein Bar etc...i drink 64 + ounces of Water a day and try my best to hit 80-90 grams of Protein a day - my portions are 1/4 a cup at meal times - always protein first if i am still hungry then i can have a bit of veg etc..

I also exercise - it is what has helped me get this weight off my bones and hopefully i will get over this stall i am in and get the last 24 pounds off and get to my goal! I do feel better and i am in a routine of eating this way now and it is easier now than it was in the beginning to eat this way. 132 pounds gone forever!

I love oikos greek yogurt - regular and the frozen too - especially when i am craving something sweet! those really help me.

@@bunnybunny626 - Don't get discouraged. My surgery was June 4 also and I have only lost 14 since that date. It is coming off slowly but surely - though according to most on here looks like we may come up on a stall soon. On that yogurt, you might try to find greek yogurt that has fewer carbs/sugar. I bought Fage 0% and then mixed in a little Torani sugar free Syrup - Caramel was great and so was Raspberry. Great Protein choice but need lower carbs.

Honestly, this sounds awfully high in fat. That could be throwing things off.

I've NEVER watched my fat content. Just sayin'.

My NUT said not to worry too much about fat. His reasoning is that most items that are made low or fat-free have more carbs. I use regular salad dressing, but I found an Italian dressing with 3g carbs and 60 calories in a serving (2 TBSP) but I only need 1/2 for the little bit of salad I eat. I stick with cheeses that are naturally lower in fat like string cheese, and of course the meat I eat is typically turkey or chicken and lean.