Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who has had the sleeve done in Mexico? I have a family member who wants to have it done and is a self pay and I heard Mexico do it cheaper thank the U.S.

I have. I had an excellent experience all around. There are many world-class surgeons in Tijuana. I advise you and your family member do your research, look into the history and credentials of the surgeons you are considering, and also look into the facilities where the surgeries are performed.

I've actually had surgery in Mexico twice. Gastric sleeve and plastics to remove excess skin. Both times I received top-notch care with far more personal attention than I would have received in the US.

Are there shady surgeons with scary records operating in Mexico? Yep! Just like there are here in the US. But there are some amazingly skilled and experienced surgeons as well. Just do your research and remember that you get what you paid for. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

What facility did you go to in Mexico?

For my gastric sleeve, I went to Obesity Control Center and had my surgery with Dr. Ariel Ortiz and Dr. Arturo Martinez.

For my plastic surgeries I went to Beauty Enhance and had my surgery with Dra. Laura Carmina Cardenas.< /p>

I had mine done in Tijuana about 3 weeks ago. I do not recommend using the Obesity Goodbye clinic. I haven't had any complications though. I met several people while I was there and of all I received the least care and paid more. I never saw a hospital but had everything done in a clinic.

I had mine done in Tijuana about 3 weeks ago. I do not recommend using the Obesity Goodbye clinic. I haven't had any complications though. I met several people while I was there and of all I received the least care and paid more. I never saw a hospital but had everything done in a clinic.

rrgood01... I too had mine done last week at the Goodbye Center and would not recommend it. Its a small clinic and we paid more. Also, I was not impressed with the surgeons. Wish I had done more research than I actually THOUGHT I did.

Reasearch, research, research!

BTW... I have not had any problems as of yet.

I actually looked into Dr Garcia, read great reviews on him.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it helped a lot.

I'll just add my two cents to the topic. I'm 36 hours out and so far have had nothing but good things to say about INT hospital and Dr ponce de leon. I'm so impressed with the care I've received. I booked through Bariatric Pal and there services have been top notch.

Chris

I had my surgery on June 8, 2015 and Dr. Elias Ortiz was my primary surgeon. I cannot speak highly enough about this organization. My experience started with the pre-surgery consulting/information with Sonya and Ronda who live here in the US. The were warm, available and honest. My Mexican experience started when I drove to San Diego and parked at the border parking lot and was picked up by Remy. Remy was so warm and funny that we (he had already pick a couple of gals up at the airport) laughed all the way to our hotel. We stayed at the Grand Hotel which has a floor that has been updated as a medical floor with proper beds and equipment in the bathroom, etc. The next day we were taken to the hospital where we had EKG's and blood work. Surgery followed. I woke up un my private hospital room and was well monitored by the nurses. On the morning of the 3rd day after surgery I had a barium leak test (X-ray)and my drain was removed. We then returned to the Grand Hotel where we were issued our meds, records and a t-shirt (size Med) for future wear! Later that day, Abraham picked us up in a company van and took us to a homemade ice cream stand, a reliable pharmacy to purchase Prilosec, to a beautiful shopping area for souveniers, and finally to a taco stand that makes the most fabulous "taco broth". There was a nurse at the hotel who monitored our BP and so forth. The next day was about the same as the day before and the following day we left for home after returning to the hospital for a discharge briefing from our surgeons. The whole trip seems like a dream and I would highly recommend this organization. Cost was $4600.

A little about my experience with BP.

Got in touch with David, he introduced me to the surgeons they work with, visited them and chose Dr. Lopez, I felt really comfortable with him, he explained everything so well, even did SKYPE with him before and after surgery, they scheduled my surgery for me, I only paid 3,899 dollars all inclusive.... transportation, surgery and medical fees, two days at the hospital, and an extra 2 days at the recovery house, my brother was with me all the time and they also took good really care of him, we had wifi, long distance calls, they are great people, my surgeon, nurses, coordinator.. everyone treated me like a queen, like one should be treated.

They picked me up in San Diego, took me directly to the clinic, signed up papers, got my EKG, pre-ops, x ray.. etc.. they gave me something to calm myself down, I only remember being back in my room after the surgery, I didn't feel great right away, I had nauseas, dizziness, but it got better, I stayed there for two nights, since they didn't have a room or a bed for my brother, they took him to the recovery house and back to the clinic the next day. Everything went just GREAT, after two days at hospital, they took us back to the recovery house where I had 24 hour valet service, Dr. Lopez came to visit me, did my leaking test, I had no complications, I have been very positive from the very moment I decided to have this done, I trusted the people that was helping me, I trusted my surgeon, and everything got into place. Well, after Dr. discharge me, they drove us back to San Diego, got in touch with my primary Dr. he was very supportive.. and here I am... 55 pounds under and really really happy... THANK U GUYS for every single touch that made my journey a wonderful experience.

I had mine done in May 2013 in Juarez by a Dr. Rodriguez at Star Medica and have nothing but good things to say about the facility and the doctors, nurses all of them! I have never received such excellent care at a hospital or clinic nor have I ever had a place so clean... Was picked up in El Paso crossed the border came back across no passport and had no problems and was there for three days and flew back home.. The only downside I can see for traveling to Mexico and having the sleeve done is I cannot find any bariatric doctors in my area that will see me as they say I have to go to my family doctor as they do not want to mess with anybody that they have not done surgery on!

The only downside I can see for traveling to Mexico and having the sleeve done is I cannot find any bariatric doctors in my area that will see me as they say I have to go to my family doctor as they do not want to mess with anybody that they have not done surgery on!

My PCP has been great about my follow-up care. I met with her before I left for Mexico and she went ahead and ordered bloodwork for when I got back. I saw her at 1 month post-op, 2 months, 4 months, and 8 months. All my blood work has come back perfectly ever time. I'm not scheduled to see her again until 1 year post-op. She's been very happy with my weight loss as well.

Guest ClaireInCanada

I'll just add my two cents to the topic. I'm 36 hours out and so far have had nothing but good things to say about INT hospital and Dr ponce de leon. I'm so impressed with the care I've received. I booked through Bariatric Pal and there services have been top notch.

Chris

Almost two months out and no complications. LOVED INT and dr. Ponce de leon too!!!

Guest ClaireInCanada

Loved how Bariatric Pal treated me so well I decided to work for them. LOL how about that for an Endorsement!!