Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Thank you' date=' are you using them?[/quote']

I am :) they are extremely informative, not pushy and have made me pretty confident with my choice. Dr Ortiz has amazing credentials! At first my family hated the idea of Mexico but when they took the virtual tour, saw he was voted in the top 15 bariatric surgeons in the world and saw he's even taught bariatrics at Yale, they knew I had made a good choice. And get this, my Canadian nurse was the one that recommended him. Said four of her nurse friends had their sleeves by him and he even let them scope his or with a fine tooth comb. They said his or was the cleanest they had ever seen, Canadian hospitals didn't compare. My date is November 12th and I'm excited :)

Edited by MouseOnTheMile

I am :) they are extremely informative' date=' not pushy and have made pretty confident with my choice. Dr Ortiz has amazing credentials! At first my family hated the idea of Mexico but when they took the virtual tour, saw he was voted in the top 15 bariatric surgeons in the world and saw he's even taught bariatrics at Yale, they knew I had made a good choice. And get this, my Canadian nurse was the one that recommended him. Said four of her nurse friends had their sleeves by him and he even let them scope his or with a fine tooth comb. They said his or was the cleanest they had ever seen, Canadian hospitals didn't compare. My date is November 12th and I'm excited :)[/quote']

I'm excited for you. My date is nov 19th but my insurance just denied me so this might be my back up plan. I can't live so uncomfortable in my own body anymore. Were they pretty speedy getting you in?

I'm excited for you. My date is nov 19th but my insurance just denied me so this might be my back up plan. I can't live so uncomfortable in my own body anymore. Were they pretty speedy getting you in?

Oh yeah. I set my date with them end of September for November 12th. They even offer financing, though I chose to just pay directly. If you contact them straight away, they might still be able to get you in for November. Where are you from? I'm sorry to hear about your insurance, I completely know how you feel!

I could have waited three years and had it here in Canada for free, jump through their ridiculous hoops and still potentially be denied but I said F that! I want it bad enough I'll pay for it. I'm tired of weird aches and pains from minimal excursion (I like moving so that doesn't work for me). I see older larger people and how they can't walk and seeing that pattern arising in me! No, I wanted, scratch that, needed this surgery this year before anything got any worse!

Though the short wait time might seem weird, one must remember that at the OCC OR, they don't deal with any other patients besides weight loss surgeries, no sick people walking in needing care or to be stitched up. I was told my surgery will only be 20-30 minutes long, so taking that into account, operating wise, they can see quite a bit of patients in a day.

I feel like I am going to get a pure bariatric surgery experience!

Though the short wait time might seem weird' date=' one must remember that at the OCC OR, they don't deal with any other patients besides weight loss surgeries, no sick people walking in needing care or to be stitched up. I was told my surgery will only be 20-30 minutes long, so taking that into account, operating wise, they can see quite a bit of patients in a day.

I feel like I am going to get a pure bariatric surgery experience![/quote']

That's great!

I called in And they scheduled me in two weeks!

I'm looking at a under a month so that's helpful

Oh yeah. I set my date with them end of September for November 12th. They even offer financing' date=' though I chose to just pay directly. If you contact them straight away, they might still be able to get you in for November. Where are you from? I'm sorry to hear about your insurance, I completely know how you feel!

I could have waited three years and had it here in Canada for free, jump through their ridiculous hoops and still potentially be denied but I said F that! I want it bad enough I'll pay for it. I'm tired of weird aches and pains from minimal excursion (I like moving so that doesn't work for me). I see older larger people and how they can't walk and seeing that pattern arising in me! No, I wanted, scratch that, needed this surgery this year before anything got any worse![/quote']

Yep me too. I'm in Montana. Whatbpart of Canada I live about 1.5 hrs from the boarder

where in MT? I'm in SE Idaho and going to OCC in Jan.

Edited by Kindle

where in MT? I'm in SE Idaho and going to OCC in Jan.

Kalispell. Where are you flying out of?

Either Jackson Hole, WY (I'm right on the border) or Idaho Falls. Still watching prices. I'd prefer Jackson since it's a little closer and I'm driving myself but winter flights tend to jack up because of the ski resort. Not to mention the possibility of delays/cancellations due to weather. Love to hear how your experience goes.

Either Jackson Hole' date=' WY (I'm right on the border) or Idaho Falls. Still watching prices. I'd prefer Jackson since it's a little closer and I'm driving myself but winter flights tend to jack up because of the ski resort. Not to mention the possibility of delays/cancellations due to weather. Love to hear how your experience goes.[/quote']

I'll defiantly keep you posted. I'm waiting for my appeal so if things don't work out in nov. Jan is my next best option. I'm a hairdresser and I book 2-3 months out so if I miss this time slot I will have to wait till right after christmans or Jan (ish)

Either Jackson Hole' date=' WY (I'm right on the border) or Idaho Falls. Still watching prices. I'd prefer Jackson since it's a little closer and I'm driving myself but winter flights tend to jack up because of the ski resort. Not to mention the possibility of delays/cancellations due to weather. Love to hear how your experience goes.[/quote']

I'm looking at flying out of Spokane, flights out of kalispell are $2500

Yep me too. I'm in Montana. Whatbpart of Canada I live about 1.5 hrs from the boarder

I'm In Alberta :)

And with OCC you just fly to San Diego and they pick you up and take you to Tijuana. My flights were 500 round trip, you might even have it cheaper since you're in the states :P