Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

I am not yet banded, just waiting for clearance from my doctor, so about the end of april. This thread is great, I've been wondering about the foods ill be able to have/not be able to. mixed reviews about breads though...

Why are you on Medifast? Have you had surgery yet? I thought the point was to stop "Dieting" and start living healthy???

Long story short I was banded in November 2006 and initially lost 80 pounds and have gained all but 10 back. I have struggled with being properly restricted and getting married in November so I really need to get my weight back off. This isn't a diet but a life change. I have learned that Lap band is simply a tool and no magic cure. It is very easy to fall back into old habits when you have no restriction. I have a 4 cc band and it's at 4 cc full and no restriction but slight dilation. That's my story!

Missy...

I am right there with you. I had my band in august of 06, and initially lost about 90 pounds (from my highest at the beginning of the process), and have put about 35-40 back on. I'm thrilled I havent gone back up into the 300's... but I want to get back on track, and FINALLY use this as the wonderful tool it can be.

I'm embarassed to go back to my doc, but I guess I need to buck up, and call and get an appointment and see what is going on in there. I havent been back in YEARS.... Im too embarassed. I KNOW I am not the only one, but I feel so disappointed with myself.

I decided to come back to this forum, and start seeing what people are eating, and trying to get myself back accustomed to eating that way again. I got lazy, and careless, and made up too many excuses. It is time for that to change again, and do it right this time.

Its good to find a kindred spirit, and maybe we can boost each other to keep going and get back on track? My email is: dstosch@verizon.net...

Good for you, and keep going!

Dawn

Missy...

I am right there with you. I had my band in august of 06, and initially lost about 90 pounds (from my highest at the beginning of the process), and have put about 35-40 back on. I'm thrilled I havent gone back up into the 300's... but I want to get back on track, and FINALLY use this as the wonderful tool it can be.

I'm embarassed to go back to my doc, but I guess I need to buck up, and call and get an appointment and see what is going on in there. I havent been back in YEARS.... Im too embarassed. I KNOW I am not the only one, but I feel so disappointed with myself.

I decided to come back to this forum, and start seeing what people are eating, and trying to get myself back accustomed to eating that way again. I got lazy, and careless, and made up too many excuses. It is time for that to change again, and do it right this time.

Its good to find a kindred spirit, and maybe we can boost each other to keep going and get back on track? My email is: dstosch@verizon.net...

Good for you, and keep going!

Dawn

I hear the both of you's ! I have a 4cc band and lost over 100lbs. my first time around. The Dr. Deflated, because he thought the balloon was blown do to a over fill. Well he was wrong ! Last year I finally got a Dr. to take care of me, and I am in the process of doing it all over again.

I'll say one thing.....

Its easier the 2nd. time around.. You know whats expected of you. You know what to tight feels like, or getting stuck, so you work twice as hard to avoid all the bad things, and do what you can to make it. Just remember its a s l o w go. So be patient while you succeed the second time around.

I eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food.< /p>

I am having such wicked heartburn that now chicken burns my throat.

KisKis I would definately check with your doctor. You shouldn't have heartburn with Lap band. It can be a sign of being too tight, slippage, or dialation. Just my input :D

Yesterday (2nd day of Medifast)

Breakfast-Medifast Apple Cinnamon oatmeal

Snack-Medifast Peanut Butter Crunch Bar

Lunch-Grilled chicken salad with 3 tbsp of ranch dressing and no cheese

Snack-Medifast Peanut Butter Crunch Bar

Dinner-Medifast chicken Noodle Soup and 1/2 cup of squash

Snack-Medifast Apple and Cinnamon oatmeal made into a pancake

Calories-955

Fat-38

Carbs-54

Protein-95

3/27/2012

B'fast~ banana pumpkin smoothie

Lunch~ Bowl of broccoli cheese soup' date=' 4 oz. tuna, 16 toasted pecan wheatable crackers

Dinner~ 1/2 of a mushroom and cheese stuffed chicken breast

Snack~ Sweet potato pie smoothie

Calories~ 1,187

No exercise today...my legs are soooooo sore from yesterday![/quote']

Banana pumpkin smoothie sounds really good! What's in it?

3/28/2012

B'fast~ coffee, then 1 oz. almonds

Lunch~ sweet potato oatmeal with almonds and 1 tbsp maple Syrup

Snack~ chocolate Peanut Butter banana smoothie

Dinner~ turkey stuffed pepper, 1/2 c. edamame, 1/2 c. whole kernal corn

Snack~ ritz crackerful

calories~ 1,408

calories burned~ 434 (jogging/walking intervals)

net calories~ 974

3rd day of Medifast~Already down 8 pounds since Monday :-)

Breakfast-Medifast Banana Creme Protein shake

Snack-Fruit and nut crunch bar

Lunch-Medifast chicken noodle soup

Snack-Fruit and nut crunch bar

Dinner-Chicken salad on a bed of spinach with mushrooms, black olives, and light buttermilk ranch dressing

Snack-Apple cinnamon oatmeal

Calories-1,147

Fat-52

Carbs-54

Protein-102

Breakfast Deviled eggs made with Trader Joe's hummus {your choice of flavor}

Or make a egg white egg salad. In place of the mayo, use Trader Joe's horseradish hummus. Had this for a late Breakfast after a good workout. Delish!

Lunch: tuna fish with lettuce and onions

Dinner: still working on that one.... Trader Joe's turkey Meatballs & veggie

dessert: Jello sugar free creme brulee pudding

3/29/2012

B'fast~ coffee, then a green fruit smoothie

Lunch~ a "toad in the hole"

Snack~ 1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese, 6 oz. yogurt

Dinner~ my version of chili cheese fries (baked sweet potato fries, turkey chili, and a little cheese)

Snack~ banana, 1/3 c. almond milk

Calories~ 1,079

Calories burned~ 761

Net calories~ 318