Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

Parmesan roasted edamame??? Your own recipe? Please share!!!

I got the recipe from Pinterest.com.

1 (12oz) pkg frozen shelled edamame- fully thawed

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese

salt and pepper to taste

garlic powder to taste (optional)

Dry off thawed edamame in a clean kitchen towel. Spread edamame on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss them around a little until evenly coated. Then sprinkle with seasonings and cheese evenly. Bake @ 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes (until cheese is golden brown).

salt and pepper to taste

Dry off thawed edamame in a clean kitchen towel. Spread edamame on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss them around a little until evenly coated. Then sprinkle with seasonings and cheese evenly. Bake @ 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes (until cheese is golden brown).

You always have the best recipes :)

salt and pepper to taste

You always have the best recipes :)

I was banded on 3/2 and am down 8lbs so far but am only just starting back on solid foods (looking forward to chewing). I downloaded the "Lose it!" app to track my calories, Protein, carbs and fat. It's fabulous; allows you to scan barcodes for food information and track weight loss.

3/16/2012

B'fast~ coffee, 1 oz. almonds

Lunch~ Apple cinnamon oatmeal-to-go bar

Snach~ Ritz crackful

Dinner~ 2/3 of grilled chicken and stuffed portabella (Longhorn's Steakhous)

Snack~ Starbucks skinny cinnamon dolce latte

Calories~ 1,033

Hi everyone! Thought I'd let ya'll know that I have a leak in my band, UGH!!!. I've been thinking I had a leak for over a year now. It's a slow one, but it's getting worse. I went to get a fill yesterday and I was missing 1.5cc (in a 4 week span). This explains why I am able to eat like a cow after only a week of restriction following my fills. I go back in 2 weeks to measure again and then I'll know more.

They added 2 cc's yesterday, so I am pretty tight right now. Looks like I'll be on liquids a while.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Just wondering - if there is a leak does the doctor comp the surgery to replace?

Just wondering - if there is a leak does the doctor comp the surgery to replace?

Wow, this is an old post, lol. I don't know the answer to your question because I never had mine removed or replaced. My doctor monitored my Fluid levels for a long time and I would be missing fluid here and there, but it wasn't constistant. Long story short, I think my experience could have been mostly the fill nurses making mistakes in putting in the fluid (not recording correctly or not measuring correctly).

You may want to ask this question in the complications section....

They have come a long way since those days...

Your Dr. can inject a ACRYLIC into your port same as the solution. You will have it go to the leak, and it will seal it.

Now if its a big leak thats different. But if it took that long to come out,, then check this solution out with your Dr...

I know, because I had it done.

If he doesn't know about it, have him look into it.

Bullwinkle - have you tried to snack on hard boild eggs? I know some people can't do them, and I haven't even tried to yet, but I was going to give it a go for Breakfast instead of my usual Protein Shake. I get hungry within an hour of drinking the shake...

Speaking of hardboiled eggs, I take the yoke out and put a teaspoon of hummus [any and all kinds from Trader Joe's} in the cavity. Great for breakfast. I can only eat half and save the other half for a late afternoon snack.

They have come a long way since those days...

Your Dr. can inject a ACRYLIC into your port same as the solution. You will have it go to the leak, and it will seal it.

Now if its a big leak thats different. But if it took that long to come out,, then check this solution out with your Dr...

I know, because I had it done.

If he doesn't know about it, have him look into it.

Wow, I had no idea anything like that was even possible. That is pretty amazing. I stopped going to the doctor altogether because he had me coming in every 2 weeks for a fill/fluid measurement for months and never really ran any tests. I haven't had a fill in about 1.5 years and I still have some restriction. I always thought that IF I did have a leak, it was either in the tubing or the port area. So, does the acrylic work for a leak....no matter where it is, for instance, in the tubing or port?

All the tubing, if it has a tiny hole , it can be stopped with the acrylic, then a normal fill to make the band work.

Now the Port Leaking,,, thats another story, and I can't answer that. Even though I'm thinking replacement. I really don't know.

But yep ! if the tubing has a hole, acrylic is worth a try, it worked for me, and that was 1 year ago. Its fine.

All the tubing, if it has a tiny hole , it can be stopped with the acrylic, then a normal fill to make the band work.

Now the Port Leaking,,, thats another story, and I can't answer that. Even though I'm thinking replacement. I really don't know.

But yep ! if the tubing has a hole, acrylic is worth a try, it worked for me, and that was 1 year ago. Its fine.

Thanks so much for the info!

They did mine under Fluoroscope, and looked for a leak.

They shot in the acrylic, and let it travel, as they watched..

then added my fill. So its not like they even have to wait for it to dry.

they just continue on.

Sounds like your Dr. made some good money off you !

I know the band is a money maker for most Dr.'s, but some will look at

your band under the scope. They will fill you to the fill line, and you are done.

No more guessing, or unfilling. Just strait to the point, and your done.

If he says he doesn't know what your talking about? "Bull" Tell him to do some

research on it. Fluoroscope is a X-Ray machine for your organs, and the band shows

up very well under it. It is totally painless.