Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 57 and just had my surgery 5/16. Do it! No regrets.

Thank you for all of you kind encouragement!

I am ready to do this and ya'll are absolutely right in that I really need to change my thinking from dieting to healthy living!! So thank you for the reminder!

The two things I want to do once I lose the weight is skydive at least once and zip line!! those are going to be presents to myself once I get the weight off!!!

To those of you having your surgery soon, good luck and I wish you the best!!

Good luck to you too!

I'm 58; my surgery is Thursday. I can't believe it's just around the corner!

I am a bit anxious but A LOT excited!

Reading these posts has helped put my mind at ease. My extended family is not happy with me having this surgery; they are afraid for me. I tell them I am more worried about the flight across the country than anything else. At least my husband is supportive.

Good luck to any upcoming sleeves!

I was sleeved las t October at 54. Off BP and diabetes meds. Able to bend over and touch my toes. I don't get short of breath just walking across the parking lot. It's good to look better but it is awesome to feel better! I am looking forward to many more active years. This is the best thing I ever did for myself. Don't worry about age, you can be old at 40 and young at 60. My advice is go for it

I received my sleeve last Monday (June 8)at the tender age of 62. I still own and run a shoe store and play tennis 3 times a week. My back and knees are starting to try and slow me down. I have been on every diet imaginable since 2nd grade. My husband is on disability due to chronic pain and I am the bread winner. I wish this was an option when I was in my 20's but I will look forwards not backwards and am grateful for this rebirth opportunity!

@Liciasjourney

Ziplining is on my to-do list too!

To peteyrulz ....once your family sees how much happier and healthier you will be, they will come on board....and Shustar....good for you at 62! I will be 62 in October and NEVER been happier....and I am almost 4 years out from my sleeve. Rock on....

I'm jumping on the bandwagon! I was 51 and it was the best decision for me. Now I'm 60 and feel great

And yes there are inconveniences... Nothing compared to dragging around 100 extra lbs. though

Go to a seminar if you need to see the ages of prospective clients. In my group they are all over in age...

You can have a better life without the internal struggle. I always had it and finally The hunger monster is tamed for now. I am eased to be happy and healthy

Good luck and keep posting!????

I'm 57 and had sleeve 6/11. Wanted to cry first three days but feeling pretty good last couple days. No complications. No nausea. 13 year diabetic journey "resolved" according to my doctors. I am home with wife and family and living on Protein Shakes and Popsicles ain't great, but that will pass. Romance with wife continues. All appears to be well. Just waiting for my first bit of food and a golf course. I took two weeks off work but might go in after seeing doctor Friday. Too old? You are a couple decades under that. Consider everything, but age is not an issue for you. I needed a pause in major life upheavals (new marriage, lost my mom, sister was sick, job displacement, college placement for kids, etc., etc.). When I saw a break in the action and still had insurance, I did the research, set up the appointments, and went in before I could back out. Good luck.

53 when I had my sleeve in February. And I'm not too old -- I just bought myself another 10 years!!! And I am happy to be able to walk through it!

I am four weeks out from surgery and 59 years old. Waited a long time to make the decision but so far am glad I did. Have had no significant issues related to my age through the process. A bonus is my son got engaged and has the wedding set for October 17. I am hoping to look pretty good for the wedding photos! I am down 33 lbs.

I love that line Lisapunkinhead!....I bought myself 10 years! So so true....I was 58 years old, and am now almost 4 years out and I feel like I am in my 40's so I may have bought myself 20!..(I am now 61)....I don't think we are ever too old to get healthy....YAY for us!

Hi I am 51 and had my sleeve surgery 3 weeks ago. Best thing ever. My children have both left home and this is my time now! 50 is the new 30 don't you know!