Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. I'm 56 and just starting the process. Hoping for August 2016 if I can complete all of the requirements. I wish I had researched years earlier!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

HI ladies....I was 58 when I had my surgery 4 years ago...took me one year to get to my goal (such an exciting year!!!!) I wrote a book about it, writing an entry every Sunday....read it if you want to be inspired..., it's called Queen of Crop). I have been at goal ever since and my life has been magical every day. Good luck...and yes, you are never too old to get healthy!

Hi guys, I was 59 when I had my sleeve surgery last October. So far have lost 53lbs with 20lbs to lose to reach goal. I am LOVING my journey. I've got a load of bits of my body falling to bits, the result of old injuries sustained as a dancer in my youth. With the weight dropping off it is become so much easier to manage the aches and pains and my dog walks can (and frequently do) reach about five miles per walk. I feel wonderful.

I'm having great fun wearing clothes that no longer resemble tents and I broke out the shorts the other day for the first time in years! Have now decided that I am going to grow older in an eccentric and quite disgraceful manner! Will need to practice wearing heels as I do resemble a trainee tart toddling along in them at the moment!!!! Big difference from my usual Sketchers or FitFlops!

By the way, I read Queen of Crop's book in my early post op days and found it a great help so can't help but suggest it to any newbie who is about to experience the whole sleeve journey. It helped me, personally, enormously.

Here are my pics of my seven month weight loss.

post-266130-14634652300084_thumb.jpg post-266130-1463465247593_thumb.jpg

Hi Jinty! Great to see your photos!!!! I don't know if you all can see this video, but if you can, it's really inspirational about looking good as we get older. I loved it! https://www.facebook.com/whocarespuntme/videos/850646991731743/

Just watched the video and I love what they are wearing. I have seen some of the photos in a magazine recently but there are loads more in the video. Thank you for suggesting it. I've just bought a pair of eye wateringly bright acid yellow knee length shorts. The sun is shining, the dogs will be going to our beautiful Royal Park in the next hour so I'm going to wear them out (shorts I mean, not dogs) for the first time. Yay!!!!!!!

@@jintycb - got to post a picture so we can see those yellow shorts!!!!

age has nothing to with having WLS

60 is the new 40

you are as old/young as you feel

4+ years PO sleeve

i continue to feel better and better every day

good luck to all of us for the rest of our healthier, happier, longer life

life is good :rolleyes:

DOS

12/15/11

235 lbs

58 years OLD

present

136 lbs

62 years YOUNG

kathy

OK folks-wore the shorts, met my dog walking pal and her comment was "wish I hadn't forgotten my sunglasses!" Friends........humph.........they know how to make you wonder if you've maybe been a bit too eccentric too far!!!!!! At least she couldn't lose me in the park! Neither could the dogs. Think they tried!

post-266130-1463509554806_thumb.jpg

LOL! Those are what we in the State call "day-glow yellow"!

;)

Yeh, we call it exactly the same. I was just trying to be a little more, how shall we say..........posh (?!) by calling them acid yellow. Should have a sign on my arse saying 'HAZARDOUS AREA' really.

I am 56 and just getting started. I have to wait 6 months for insurance. I saw myself on a video yesterday. This six months cannot go fast enough. I can't wait ! [emoji3]

No date yet, but when I get my date, I will be having WLS at 57. It's never to late to change.

That is so true! I had mine at 58...I am not 4.5 years out and my life changed dramatically and all for the better! Good luck to the newbies.

queenofcrop.com

I'm turned 56 in October and was sleeved in January. Down from pushing a size 26 to a 14-16. Just starting to feel a difference with the 65 pounds down.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App