Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am still looking for a surgery buddy. May 20th!

Where do you live? Don't worry!!! Bring your favorite pillow and slippers! Cause your going to need them. Also, once you are up in the morning, sit in the chair next to the bed. Somehow the gas moves more quickly through you if you are more vertical.

OH, most important!! Do not go home unless your pain is under control. Make sure they find the best pain medication that works for you. The anesthesia wears off over the first day or two, longer for some. So you need to know that you can control the pain at home.

So happy for us all! Woot Woot preop tomorrow then off to surgery the 21st!!! Never imagined I'd be this happy and scared at the same time. Prayers to all of you who are getting surgery over the next few days I have learned so much from everyone here♡♡♡hugs;)

My arrival time is 7:30 am Central!! Surgery scheduled for 9am! I'm so excited. My husband and two boys (9&5) are bringing me down tonight after school and then they are leaving. Husband has to work and boys still have school, I'm guessing this is when I will have my freak out moment!

By now you have all had your surgery and you are waking up in discomfort and saying to yourselves "what the f$&@ was I thinking?"... But it passes, I promise ! It gets easier and easier. Just keep thinking how different your life will be one year from now!

I just got the call! My surgery time is 2:20 PM central time tomorrow!

I'm a little nervous now, not much I've have plenty of surgeries, but always a little nerve wracking going through all the paperwork and poking and prodding and wheeling down hallways.

I'm very excited. I worked hard to get to this point. I know this is just the beginning. I'm ready for what is to come.

How are we all doing on the eve of surgery? I'm alone in a hotel room, waiting for panic to strike any moment. Got a little emotional when i hugged my little ones when they left, but I didn't let them see me cry

Oh you guys, I am so excited for you!! I know I will be having all the same feelings this time next week when it's my turn as well!! Please keep in touch as you go thru the next couple days good or bad; I might not be able to write back until the evenings but I can read them thru the day. I pray for the best for everyone of you and am so excited we are all on this journey together. Take care!!

K

Darcie,

You are not alone. Scared and excited and everything in between. All normal feelings. If you had Benadryl I would recommend you take it to relax you and let you sleep. But, if you don't sleep, no worries, you will sleep enough over the next few days. If your family is far away, SKYPE from your hospital room. You will sleep when you need to and walk and walk when you are awake.

Remember, if you have questions and can't sleep, I will try to answer you as soon as possible.

Rest well,

Lisa

Going to attempt to sleep...hard to sleep when you know what's ahead.

I have to leave at 10:45 to get to the hospital 2 hours away, for registration.

I'm ready to do this. :) Hoping my surgeon is having a wonderful nights sleep, and has easy surgeries before mine tomorrow. He booked me out for 4 hours in the operating room. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad sign.

He knows there are adhesions and scar tissue to deal with. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can do what is best for me. :)

I'll check in as I am able.

Take care and keep strong 20th group! <3

Edited by carolm1965

@, it may be none of my business, but the "friend" on the phone you mentioned above is no real friend. I'm glad you have found some real support here.

How are all of you 20th's doing so far?? It will get better !!!

Sip your Water, walk and walk. Get that gas out of your bodies!!!

Lots of sleevy hugs to all of you!!!post-254156-14321520518635_thumb.jpg

That's the bear the doctor left on my bed when I came up from surgery. Your supposed to hold it tight against you if you cough or laugh.

To all my buddy's that had surgery today. I was thinking about all of you today hoping that all was going smoothly and that you all were in great hands. I hope everyone is doing well. Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Take care