Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any sleevers scheduled for late July?

I M tentatively scheduled for July 31st. So excited that it finally feels real. Nervous too but know I have made right choice and my life will be transformed by this time next year????????

Sue

Thank you jvdcal08! I have BCBS as well! Hopefully that is a good sign. ☺

I have bcbs and my doctor submitted it Tuesday afternoon and I found out I was approved yesterday.. So 2 days for me!

I have Blue Shield of California. My dr. Is waiting to submit for approval until July 1, because as of June 30 they are no longer requiring 6 months of medically supervised diet. If they approve in 2 days like yours did then I could squeak into a July surgery date like I want. The dr. Is only requiring me to do a 1 week liquid diet before surgery so am really hoping this goes quick.

I'm scheduled for July 27 with my liquid diet beginning on July 13. I'm nervous about the liquid portion and getting more nervous as the date approaches for surgery but I know this is the best option for me. I wish I had my parents support, but I haven't told them because I know they will be against it and if my mom know then everyone knows. I'm grateful to have my husbands support and the support of a couple really great friends, two of which have opted to join me in this process. I think I'm nervous because it's an elective procedure and I worry about my 10 year old daughter and 9 year old son, but they are one of my biggest reasons for doing this besides for myself. I wish you all the best and please feel free to reach out anytime.

I'm scheduled for July 27 with my liquid diet beginning on July 13. I'm nervous about the liquid portion and getting more nervous as the date approaches for surgery but I know this is the best option for me. I wish I had my parents support, but I haven't told them because I know they will be against it and if my mom know then everyone knows. I'm grateful to have my husbands support and the support of a couple really great friends, two of which have opted to join me in this process. I think I'm nervous because it's an elective procedure and I worry about my 10 year old daughter and 9 year old son, but they are one of my biggest reasons for doing this besides for myself. I wish you all the best and please feel free to reach out anytime.

Hi there we are on the exact same schedule.. My surgery is July 27 and I too start my liquid (optifast) diet July 13.. I'm ready to start.. I've been trying to prepare now by supplementing one meal a day with a Protein shake.. Just by doing that I'm down 3 lbs in a week.. I know this will be hard but will all be worth it. I think it's good to start now.. I want to supplement two meals a day next week in hopes that it won't be as hard.. I hear the first 3-4 days are the hardest between the hunger pains and the mind .. But I'm determined . I know how you feel about not having too much support.. I would love to be able to support you since we are on the same time frame. ????

Thank you jvdcal08! I have BCBS as well! Hopefully that is a good sign. ☺

I have bcbs and my doctor submitted it Tuesday afternoon and I found out I was approved yesterday.. So 2 days for me!
I have Blue Shield of California. My dr. Is waiting to submit for approval until July 1, because as of June 30 they are no longer requiring 6 months of medically supervised diet. If they approve in 2 days like yours did then I could squeak into a July surgery date like I want. The dr. Is only requiring me to do a 1 week liquid diet before surgery so am really hoping this goes quick.

Have you heard anything yet.. I would call the ins company and check the status.. That's what I did.. N I found out before I heard back from my Dr.s office. Good luck and fingers crossed for u.

They aren't submitting until July 1st

Forum virgin here; this is my very first post! I have gastric sleeve surgery scheduled for July 13th, in Atlanta, GA. My EGD is this Friday, the 26th. So excited! And nervous. Would love any insight/advice about best tasting Protein supplements for liquid diet.

Wecome sleevers I am July 31. Ready now but waiting til after my sons wedding. Very exciting and nervous times. Lots of people here for support, advice and even more showing amazing results

Good luck keep us posted

Sue

Yeah I feel the same way????????

@@fatsolovescandy best wishes for the next few weeks. Glad you are here to get support from everyone :D

Not long now!

Hugs

Kate

I take liquid Vitamins. They are in power form and u add Water. They are so great I came off of coffee with no headache or withdrAwl at all. You absorb 90% of the Vitamins when they are liquid.

Sue

@ you as well! Looks like we'll be doing this together--glad to meet you. I'm really excited about it all, but I am already mourning the loss of beer. I really love beer. As the date and the pre-surgery diet gets closer, I try to take a few minutes everyday to think mindfully about all I will be gaining (by losing, ya know?). It's difficult to not worry in the planning/pre-weight loss stages, but I am trying to stay as positive and excited as possible instead of fixating on what I will be "deprived". I figure, I've consumed what I wanted for a long time, now my energies are being redirected toward consuming other things--instead of worrying about food, I will hike, bike, have more sex, not sleep all the time, etc. I will eat life! Haha.

How are you preparing for your surgery, mentally and physically? I'm calling these final weeks "the last days of disco" (because it was fun while it lasted, but disco is dead, man) and have certain meals/outings planned. What I have found interesting is that the meal is never as good as I remembered/want it to be--I am hoping it means that my subconscious is already prepared for the post-op future. So, now to the important questions, does the gastric sleeve have a super cute British nickname? Like, the 'sleevie', or the 'belly sleever', or something?

take care,

Sam