Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

Hi All August Bandsters,

I'm scheduled for August 6th. Self pay. Am lucky enough to know the Dr. as I am an ER nurse and we have a pretty small community. Boy, it's nice to know that so many of us are going thru so many head trips (nice to know I'm not alone!) This is such a life changing event lot's of "stuff" the think about, and soon we will not be able to "stuff":eek:I've even set aside a small amout of $$ to go into a seperate bank account with every payday to pay for the "may be needed" counseling!:heh: No preop diet. I'm with you Munchkins (?) on the limited Fluid intake with food thing. I really drink alot throughout the day and WITH meals. Have been practicing, but it's hard. Just SO looking forward to smaller sizes, being able to cross my legs, and being able to squat if I feel like it! :clap2:

Lisa =^..^=

I am scheduled for August 1 with Dr. Spivak. I understand from all I have heard and read that we have a pretty great Doctor. I to had no pre-op diet thank goodness. I did have to have blood work and a EKG but that is probably because of my age. All was fine so I am ready to go. Scared to death and hoping I am making the right decision. It is such a huge life change for all of us. I never worried what I put in my mouth or if I chewed enough...just how much I could shove in and how fast I could shove it. It's gona be hard to take small bites and chew till the food is mush. But I guess we will learn. My greatest worry is how I will be able to eat without taking a drink every 3 bites. I am a huge tea drinker. Lots of new things to learn on this journey.

Im with you on the not drinking while eating. I tend to take a drink after every bite. Not drinking at all is going to be a big change. I guess it will help me to slow down with my eating to make sure it is moist enough to swallow.

Hi! My surgery is scheduled for August 7....just a little nervous, anxious, lots of emotions. Not sure, and quite sure....all mixed up ! Having surgery in Ypsi MI

Just want to see a size 12 again or smaller. At 55, there is still a chance ! Want to have fun again, so tired all the time how about you? What made you decide to do this? :)

Hi everyone,

I am scheduled to be banded on August 10 by Dr.Alvarez. I am so anxious to just get the journey started. I think I am in a good place and ready to make good use of a tool that can deliver. I have all of the same concerns I read about on this site everyday but certainly nothing that would cause me to look back.

I am hoping that someone would be so kind to help me use my profile settings. I would like to start a weight and BMI chart with the cute little characters but I am pitifully computer illiterate. I want to use this site to encourage others as it did for me.

Good luck to all my fellow August band buddies.

vet

I'm scheduled for Aug. 13th....I'm not even nervous I'M EXCITED. However, the liquid post-op will be a difficult time for me....It's my Son's 1st birthday with lots of food. I wonder if I'll feel deprived.

Hey Guys! I know I know....The NO drinks while eating will be so hard BUT maybe that will help with the forcing to push away from the table...you know...."Oh my gosh I am so thirsty! If I stop eating now I can drink sooner!" maybe........??

Hello Irish,

I am 51, have never been this fat 5'6"/250. Both my parents died young, my father was fat, my mom just didn't take care of herself. I just want t o be HEALTHY......no beauty queen. Energy, being able to wear many of my smaller clothes, CROSSING MY LEGS IF I WANT TO , OR DO SQUATS! (-: Hope to hear more from you. Lisa =^..^=

I am still waiting on insurance approval but I am scheduled already for Aug. 13th.

I was just thinking how great we are all going to look this time next year!!! We can do this.

Just scheduled for August 8th - I like that 8/8. Waiting on insurance approval but I have been told that Oxford is super quick. Anyone else have Oxford?

Hey guys!!

I just got approved yesterday!! (approved in 1 week! )

My surgery is scheduled for 8/27/07. I'm in Long IslandNY and using Dr. Geiss.

I can not wait!! I had to do a 6 month supervised diet and I feel like this has taken forever.

My pre-op is a 7 day liquid diet with the last day being Clear Liquids. Then 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mushies, and then back to regular food. I ordered a bunch of samples and seem to like the Unjury choc Protein Powder the best.

The biggest things I'm worried about are: the obvious - not being successful, no soda (which I've been working on cutting out … but am drinking one right now - lol) no drinking with meals and sleeping on my back for awhile until the port is no longer tender.

Hello there, I had joined a group last month that was August Bandsters but can't find it and have been without a computer for a few weeks... so here I am. Right now I am a self pay but have my fingers crossed that my insurance will kick in. That would mean a change of surgery date but to save $9000 thats ok with me. As of now I am using Dr Owens a US Dr who does surgery in MX then follow up care in los angeles. Best deal for me.

I started pre-op diet today and already feel like crap. I am tired, headache, cranky and HUNGRY. The Dr gave me phentermine to take to curb the cravings but I guess I am trying to be "good" and didnt take the pills. Needless to say I am struggling today I hope it gets easier!

I too am going through the ups and downs of should I do this or not. I know in the long run that i will do it and I need to do it. But I am scared of the life changes. And right now I jsut want a steak!:hungry:

Just got my date today. August 15. I think I am excited but like the rest of you, scared too. What have I gotten myself into? I am having my surgery done in Colorado by Dr. Kirshenbaum. I am also self pay. I have Kaiser insurance, but would have to gain about 50#s and wait over a year. I am 57 and getting fatter everyday and don't have energy to do anything. I am starting my high Protein, low carb diet tomorrow even though I really don't have to start til a week before surgery. Figure it will take me that long to get it down without cheating.

I am so glad to be a crazy ates, I think.

Marilyn:whoo:

hi munchi

I have my surgery august 7, in ypsi mi.

It's exciting, but really scary too. I have really been up and down about doing this. But finally decided after gaining 9 lbs in a little over a month that I am going for it. I know its a hugh life change but I know it will be a change for the best. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hi August Band Gang.....:clap2:

OOOH, the days are really going fast. Sometimes it's not fast enough! But, I try *NOT* to wish away time....bounce.gif

love.gif How wonderful to see everyone here!!!! How great! We are banding together!

My date is August 10. My surgeon is Dr. Carol McCarthy, Magee Womens' Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA.

SOOOO....what are everyone's plans between now and their Band-Day???

usa.gif

So far my plans have been to eat as much as I can as often as I can until August 1. If it doesn't get here soon I am going to explode from eating. I guess I am trying to make up now for all I can't have after the 1st. Really bad idea but I can't seen to stop my self.:faint:

Hi all you Augusteers,

I am joining you with a date for banding of August 1st.

I am 64 yrs old and would love to hear from someone else getting banded in August who is about my age. I think I am about the oldest one on this site.

Wishing all of you luck and happiness..

Trish2U

Hi Trish, I am also August 1st and I am 60. Most every one is younger but thankfully treat us the same. Age doesn't really matter. If you are over weight you are over weight 16 or 64. Good luck to you.