Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"You'd be much prettier if you lost weight"

LOL @ Lipstick Lady

I liked the last choice LOL

I wonder if she'd say "You'd look so much prettier....." if you were, say, 5lbs THINNER than her?

"EMPTY VESSELS MAKE THE LOUDEST NOISE"

@@tiffanymarie6997

You should have said "I am not pretty, I am Beautiful! and don't ever say something so ugly to me again in your life!"

(Then you do a hair flip and walk away like you own the place.)

Edited by Bonawanabfree

I'm cracking up!!

@@tiffanymarie6997

You should have said "I am not pretty, I am Beautiful! and don't ever say something so ugly to me again in your life!"

(Then you do a hair flip and walk away like you own the place.)

A friend of mine told me once that a man told her that she could be pretty if only she was thin, she told him, "I can lose weight and be prettier but you have an ugly heart and that's not as easy to change." She was right!

I've been getting the same type of comments.

I had to stop and pause for a second because the first thing I wanted to do is say something rude.

I also get comments like " u will find a man now".

I've never had any issues in that department.

Hell I know skinny women who are with a@&holes and I know big women who have great men.

Don't sweat it much, I know it's hard but sometimes people just speak before they think.

I've been getting the same type of comments.

I had to stop and pause for a second because the first thing I wanted to do is say something rude.

I also get comments like " u will find a man now".

I've never had any issues in that department.

Hell I know skinny women who are with a@&holes and I know big women who have great men.

Don't sweat it much, I know it's hard but sometimes people just speak before they think.

Before I switched weight loss clinics (I went to two before considering surgery) the doctor complimented me on my loss so far and then said,

"Don't you want to find a husband?" and "Don't you want to wear small clothes?" and my personal favorite: "You will die with all that extra weight on your bones! You will DIE!"

...Needless to say, that was my last appointment. (This clinic gave you a strict meal plan, no exceptions)

The second clinic was amazing! They were supportive, they were into switching out things for healthy alternatives(So I didn't feel deprived! They emphasized moderation NOT deprivation), and adding exercise of course.

In the end, I gained a lot of what I lost back and thats when I decided wls was right for me. ;)

I am so sorry. I can imagine the sting of that comment. Maybe she is feeling threatened because soon you will be "100 and sexy". My advice--tell her how rude the comment was and how it bothered you. If she can't accept it and apologize, lose that 115 pound baggage. You don't need toxic people in your world.

Ok, a comment like that is just plain stupid.....

HOWEVER...

There are some before and after pic's here....the transformations are just unbelievable and those posting the pic's know it!!

@@tiffanymarie6997

I had a date with a man once and he said to me "I dont want a baptist church i want the Sistine Chapel" This was many years ago and it was very hurtful. If I could go back to that point in my life with the same confidence I have now i would have slapped him so hard he would have landed in the Vatican city. This was about 13 years ago. I was timid and knew nothing about dating. I look back at it and laugh because he was the most disgusting person I ever went on a date with. He helped raise my standards. Maybe you should do the same. Just say to your friend "Thank you for showing me what kind of friend I dont want in my life"

By the way I am baptist and I dont want to be the Sistine Chapel

Edited by Bonawanabfree

@tiffanymarie6997.... first let me say, you are stunningly beautiful.

so here's my 2cents.... because im a tell it like it is type A personality, that believes in telling the truth or not saying anything at all....

I know me and my sharp tongue would have looked her in the face and said..... What did you just say? Did you really just say that i would be prettier if i lost weight? Are you really that ignorant and insensitive....Did you mama not teach you any manners at all. Let me tell you one thing.... I am beautiful too my core, i can lose weight, but you my dear, can't ever change your ugly heart.

Then in my best Bon Qui Qui voice.... Said..... Rude... and walked away.

post-74134-0-28793300-1429823253_thumb.jpg

@@tiffanymarie6997

I had a date with a man once and he said to me "I dont want a baptist church i want the Sistine Chapel" This was many years ago and it was very hurtful. If I could go back to that point in my life with the same confidence I have now i would have slapped him so hard he would have landed in the Vatican city. This was about 13 years ago. I was timid and knew nothing about dating. I look back at it and laugh because he was the most disgusting person I ever went on a date with. He helped raise my standards. Maybe you should do the same. Just say to your friend "Thank you for showing me what kind of friend I dont want in my life"

By the way I am baptist and I dont want to be the Sistine Chapel

You should have told him "With an attitude like that, you're getting NUN (none)"! :)

When I was in college and on the upper side of normal a guy in a bar told me if I was his wife I'd have to lose weight. I told him if I was his wife I'd have to effing kill myself.

As if!! I didn't even know his name! Presumptuous jackass.

I'm sorry she said that to you. A nurse in the hospital the day after my surgery told me that I had "such a pretty face" so when I lost all that weight I would just be gorgeous. I took it as a compliment, but the "such a pretty face, if only you were thin" comment has been something I had heard before. Be like Taylor Swift and shake it off, haters gonna hate. :)

Sounds like a shallow bitty. our society teaches us that we ALL would be prettier thinner, she's only repeating what she sees on the kardashians, don't listen to it!