Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm full all the time

Hi. My name is Rebecca and I'm new here. I had my surgery on April 9. I am on purées now. I have a hard time eating anything. I feel really full. I take a bite and then I feel too full. I am struggling to drink Water and I'm no where near my Protein goal.

I am also having a lot of trouble with nausea. I am taking zofran and have a patch behind my ear.

Is this normal? Is it going to get easier?

Thanks!

I would talk to your surgeon. It doesn't sound normal. You will fill up fast like a spoon full or 2 and your done. And when your just drinking a sip or 2 of Water and you're likely to need 15 mins before you can have a little more. However if your struggling to get liquids in I would consult with your surgeon. Hope that helps.

It does sort of. She doesn't seem concerned. I do really well with my fluids to start off. If I try to drink a Protein Shake or eat something puréed I'm done. I can't drink or eat anything the rest of the day.

I am on pureed too and feel the same way. Feels better when pouch is empty. After the 2 oz food, i feel stuffed and uncomfortable. I eat it over 30 mts watching the clock. Prot shakes i think feel worse, can get in 4 oz over 1 hr and its just too much. I can only get in 40 oz water/day. I hope this is just an adjustment period and us having to gauge our pouches.

I had surgery about 10 days before you and I had the same issue when I first changed over. Honestly I felt that way from the start of this whole thing... Very full when eating or drinking barely anything. I have been able to eat a little more over the past couple days. I went back to drinking 1 Protein shake a day to help get all the Protein in.

It will get better. Hang in there!

I hope so. I'm miserable. I'm so thirsty, but thought of drinking something makes me want to vomit. I think tomorrow I will just drink Water. Maybe I just need to give the pouch a break.

Thanks for responding you helped put my mind at ease.

I was doing crystal light in my Water but just started getting sick of the sweet, so switched to reg water and did better. Also some broth and SF Jello helped with nausea. We'll get thru this. At least the pouch is working, limiting intake.

Thanks! I've been infusing my Water with different fruits and sometimes ginger. I can't handle crystal lite. It tastes too sweet.

I know how you feel. I am 22 months post op and STILL having this same problem. I am down to 139 from 301. My doctors want me to GAIN about 10 lbs. I don't want to but even if I did, I just can't.

After 2 bites I am so full.

I just ate 2 very small bites of shaved steak. Maybe .5 oz and I feel so nauseous. I am gonna call my doctor in the morning to see if he can me something for the nausea. I hate feeling sick like this.

Earlier today I had 1\3 of a can of spaghetti o's and felt sick. It took me 20 minutes to get that down.

I don't have problems with liquid unless it's a Protein Shake. Those I can only take 4 sips and that takes about 20 minutes.

Keep us posted you are part of a great community here.

Good luck, hun :)

I can handle liquids. I can't do Protein Shakes. YUCK! The dietitian suggested freezing the shakes and eating them. She says for some people that helps. I tried some turkey today. It was so good. I could only eat a little bit. Part of my problem is I don't feel hunger. It's weird. I forget to eat. I just keep on keeping on. I feel a little better every day. :) You can eat spaghetti os? It never occurred to me to try that. The doctor told me to try things, but I'm too scared.

ProtiDiet has a liquid drink concentrate that is lighter and more concentrated than Protein shakes. It was what I was given in the hospital when I graduated from ice chips.

Since I am still on Clear liquids I have been eating a lot of them. Each packet is 15 G Protein and I put a packet over some crushed ice and eat it with a spoon.

It does sort of. She doesn't seem concerned. I do really well with my fluids to start off. If I try to drink a Protein Shake or eat something puréed I'm done. I can't drink or eat anything the rest of the day.

I have the same problem I'm 6 weeks in, I'm worry for my Protein intake. If I drink 1 shake in the morning I'm done for the all day, maybe I can get in a little protein from Parmesan cheese. But in so full if I try my stomach turns

It stinks. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. It must be "normal". I do feel a little better every day. I try really hard to get my fluids in. I have been eating Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt. It has 12g of Protein per serving. That's my only source of protein right now. People have made some suggestions. I'm going to try some of them. I really appreciate all the responses. Thanks everyone.

I am so glad to hear that I am not alone. It has been impossible to come close to 60 grams of Protein because I get so full so quickly. For the last couple of weeks I have ended up with about 250 calories total for the day. Decided to add a Protein shake. I like the unjury Protein shakes blended with almond milk and ice in the Magic bullet. For some reason I have no problem getting that down compared to other shakes.< /p>

Thank goodness I'm not alone. About 1.5 weeks out and all the Protein makes me feel sick. I try but maybe get one shot. The broth has helped me with nausea and watered down Gatorade