Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MYFITNESSPAL and Fitbit

Does anyone use myfitnesspal to log their meals? If so once you are sleeved where do you set your goals. Also have you tried a fitbit to track activity? Always looking for new fitbit friends.

I'm a fit bit user and love it. What's your username?

"jayshann" What is yours? Lets be friends

Edited by jayshann

Does anyone use myfitnesspal to log their meals? If so once you are sleeved where do you set your goals. Also have you tried a fitbit to track activity? Always looking for new fitbit friends.

Hi! I am a fit bit and myfitnesspal user! I am getting sleeved on May 4th so I'm not sure of sleeve settings, I will ask my nutritionist at my next appts. My email is raquelcross84@gmail.com if you would like to connect via fit bit :)

Hey there I use both. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regarding MFP: It is not exact, but you can use the setting for carbs, fats, and Proteins. They all have to add up to 100%. I have them set at 45% Protein, 30% carbs and 35% fats. (I am thinking to change Protein to 50% and carbs to 25%) I don't know how accurate that is. I keep track of my calories weekly, but haven't figured out how to chart my protein weekly. It was a good tool, however, when I visted my Nutritionist this week. I am pretty anal about recording everything except my Water. It only measures in cups. It would be easier if it was in ounces. I watch my final protein count on a daily basis, looking at the nutrition tab. I haven't decide whether I will get a Fitbit or another similar device.

Regarding MFP: It is not exact, but you can use the setting for carbs, fats, and Proteins. They all have to add up to 100%. I have them set at 45% Protein, 30% carbs and 35% fats. (I am thinking to change protein to 50% and carbs to 25%) I don't know how accurate that is. I keep track of my calories weekly, but haven't figured out how to chart my protein weekly. It was a good tool, however, when I visted my Nutritionist this week. I am pretty anal about recording everything except my Water. It only measures in cups. It would be easier if it was in ounces. I watch my final protein count on a daily basis, looking at the nutrition tab. I haven't decide whether I will get a Fitbit or another similar device.

Thanks for the info. I use myfitnesspal and fitbit. Just wondering where to set my goals post sleeve. My fitbit is great I'm even thinking about adding the scale. It's wifi

I useboth

I am pretty anal about recording everything except my Water. It only measures in cups. It would be easier if it was in ounces. ............ I haven't decide whether I will get a Fitbit or another similar device.

The Fitbit has a Water tracker and you can enter by volume (I use millilitres).

@@mrs kaje. I guess I will have to check out the Fitbit. Thanks for your input about the Water. This may be a stupid question, but how does the Fitbit know when you are walking/exercising, versus driving in a car?

I use MFP to track my food and exercise. I also have a Garmin Vivofit (switched from Fitbit a few months ago) I like the Vivofit because of the digital readout and the battery lasts about 1 year. In my opinion, both are only about 75% accurate.

I love MFP...I love the fact that you can scan bar labels and customize your own food goals. Please add me on MFP, I love to look at the food diary if you choose to share it.

I'm tamg26k on MFP

@@mrs kaje. I guess I will have to check out the Fitbit. Thanks for your input about the Water. This may be a stupid question, but how does the Fitbit know when you are walking/exercising, versus driving in a car?

You need to swing your arm for it to pick up your steps (which sucks when you're pushing a shopping trolley or a pram, or carrying something down by your side whilst walking, because it doesn't pick up your steps). If you move your arm a lot whilst driving (or anything else), you may get some false readings. I saw a post by a lady who picked up hundreds/thousands of steps whilst playing the organ (no, that's not a euphemism, but I have heard of guys who pick up steps whilst doing... other things, lol!)

You can also press the button to start a timer for vigorous activity that doesn't involve stepping, so it records a period of exercise.

I use both. I don't use the MFP macros for any other reason than to track my Protein and my Water. I don't rely on eating the calories because for someone my weight it recommends 1500. 4 weeks after bypass I'm lucky if I can get down 600 of that.

my username is pgarcia0812@yahoo.com add me if youd like :) for fitbit