Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is Monday April 6th

Hello everyone. I am a little more than 2 days away from surgery. When my journey began over a yr ago I really wanted to document everything and maybe even start video channel somewhere, but I just didnt do it.

Now here I am, sitting here on a Friday night knowing I get sleeved in a few days. I cant believe it! I am excited and a little nervous but I just wanted to reach out and say hello to everyone.

I am concerned about the first few days because I have read that it sometimes difficult to get fluids and Protein in early on.

I am studying for a Bachelor degree online and I have been so busy, Ive not allowed myself to do anything else when Im on my laptop. lol BUT I would appreciate making new friends, receiving advice and helping provide help, as well.

Anyway, I just thought I would throw out a hello and welcome any comments and hope to make new friends. Please be patient with me responding, I kind of flutter around trying to learn how this site works.

Missy

Good luck with your surgery! I'm scheduled for mine two weeks after you (April 20). I was told walking is key after surgery to minimize clotting and also to get rid of the anesthesia in the body. You'll have to let me know how you do!

Thank you!! I am hoping I have everything I need! I have . Feelng this will be a long weekend! Lol Congrats on your surgery date, let's keep in touch!

Hi! I'm excited for you! I'm still trying to get my courage up to pay the deposit. Where are you having your surgery? I'm sure you'll be fine, just walk as much as you can stand it, to help with the gas pains which I understand can sometimes be uncomfortable. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Robin

Hello Missy,

My surgery date is also April 6th and I feel the day way. I'm nervous but excited. Not looking forward to pain post-op but I know it will be temporary and I'll be getting some good stuff to take care of it. Let me know if you want a sleeve buddy to help you along with your journey

I wish you all the best and success for your surgery on the sixth mine is scheduled for the 10th so I'm excited and of course super nervous and I have got lots of worries and doubts but I find reading the forums and the stories and the tips are very helpful and also uplifting

Best of luck to you on this new journey. I'm almost 3 weeks po. I too was nervous of the the recovery. Believe you me...I had the easiest recovery. Not once did I have gas, nausea or vomiting or pain. I was amazed! To this day I feel great 27 lbs lighter! Hoping the same for you!

Good luck with your surgery! I'm scheduled for mine two weeks after you (April 20). I was told walking is key after surgery to minimize clotting and also to get rid of the anesthesia in the body. You'll have to let me know how you do!

Thank you nyxn! and congrats on your surgery date. I started my journey almost a year ago to the day! I almost gave up a few times because I was having trouble getting all the Doctors and offices involved to share their information, etc. Then one day(3 weeks ago) I got a call saying I had been approved. Have you started your preop diet yet? Ugh it was tough! Today my belly is gurgling around and sounding like a washing machine! lol

Best of luck to you on this new journey. I'm almost 3 weeks po. I too was nervous of the the recovery. Believe you me...I had the easiest recovery. Not once did I have gas, nausea or vomiting or pain. I was amazed! To this day I feel great 27 lbs lighter! Hoping the same for you!

Reelreilly, congrats on you weightloss so far! Thats awesome, I sure hope I am experiencing the same as you 3 weeks out! I am most nervous about the first few days home, but Im pretty tough and I know I will be a-okay! lol Pass along your good post op karma to me! haha

I wish you all the best and success for your surgery on the sixth mine is scheduled for the 10th so I'm excited and of course super nervous and I have got lots of worries and doubts but I find reading the forums and the stories and the tips are very helpful and also uplifting

Thank you Sherry0404! I think the more informed we are, the better off we will be, which can be said about anything in life cant it? Yay for the 10th! Im am only a few days ahead of you, we can get through this together. I will try my best to post pictures and journal here. Ready the success stories, and the experiences of others helped me too!

Hello Missy,

My surgery date is also April 6th and I feel the day way. I'm nervous but excited. Not looking forward to pain post-op but I know it will be temporary and I'll be getting some good stuff to take care of it. Let me know if you want a sleeve buddy to help you along with your journey

Hello LeeRN! I would say you and I are feeling the same emotions about now! lol Today I am trying to finish up last minute domestic details. My energy levels arent great from this liquid diet, but I keep pushing myself. I worry about nausea and the gas, I am going to get up when they tell me and try my best to walk it out. Yes lets be sleeve buddies!! Not sure how soon I can get on here post op, Im planning on ASAP. Keep in touch! and wish you the best tomorrow. Weve got this!!!

Thank you nyxn! and congrats on your surgery date. I started my journey almost a year ago to the day! I almost gave up a few times because I was having trouble getting all the Doctors and offices involved to share their information, etc. Then one day(3 weeks ago) I got a call saying I had been approved. Have you started your preop diet yet? Ugh it was tough! Today my belly is gurgling around and sounding like a washing machine! lol

I'm now on Day 5 of my three week pre-op liquid diet and finding it really difficult. Not sure what your surgeon has recommended for you, but I'm only allowed Ensure HP (5 bottles daily) and one cup of skim milk. I'm allowed Water, non-carbonated diet drinks i.e., Brisk diet Ice Tea, and sugar-free flavored water (Milo, Crystal Lite). I was okay on Day 1, and 2, struggled Day 3, almost made it through Day 4, but cheated at dinner. I did it consciously, and although I regret that I did it, I've moved forward. I did have really bad gurgling on Day 2 and 3 ( quite embarrasing). Most of Day 4 (before the cheat), the gurgling had stopped.

New dawn, new day, and 14 days from now is my surgery. Equally excited and apprehensive (read scared sh****less).

I started this journey in April 2013 so it has been two years now.

Mercedes :)

Edited by nyxn

One thing a nurse told me in the hospital was to sip Water form the cap of the bottle! I was THE BEST advice I got to get through the first few days. It hurts if you drink too fast - the cap limits the amount and works. I highly recommend that...I am now 6 months post and feeling fantastic! No regrets...I know you are all nervous but know it is so worth it for your health.

Good luck!

To m Perkins and Lee rn would love to keep in touch and support each other. I wish you all speedy recoverys :-) :-) :-) :-)

Good luck to all of you on your journey to a new and better you. Losing the weight gives you such a

feeling of pride and accomplishment. Just follow your Doctor's orders and stick to the plan. I have lost 76 lbs. since December 10, 2014. I am about to reach my four month mark. Each person has a

different experience after the surgery. I have three colleagues that had no problem at all. I was a different story. However, I am still proud of the weight loss and no matter if you have a good

experience or a bad one the end result is worth everything. I truly wish you the best.