Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@Stacy 458

My weight was up 5 pounds after I ate that cheeseburger and fries last Sat. How is that even humanly possible? I was down 1 pound this morning. I basically lost a week's progress. Oh well...not going to dwell...especially since I'm on day 2 of this liquid diet. Hey have you or anyone reading this tried those new Swanson chicken broths that are infused? Like the Mexican Tortilla or Chinese Hot n Sour? I was just wondering...all these Protein Shakes are so sweet. Something savory would break it up a bit. Anyway...I saw you were starting your pre op. Yay! Good luck...stay positive!!

I love the Hot n Sour and the Mexican Tortilla! Nice flavor :)

One week until surgery. I'm really getting excited...little nervous too. I'm so ready. Made a milestone...lost 20 lbs so far. I haven't been lower than 240 for about 5 years. Happy dance! Come on March 24th...get here already! @FortKnox78...I too am not excited about the liquid diet but we are almost there!

To all those having surgery today. I wish you all the best and hope to hear your success stories!!!! HAPPY ST PATRICK's DAY!!!!

Anyone else gain weight on the clear liquid stage? Or stall? I have a barrier I can't break. Been same weight three days. No cheating

Hello, March Sleevers!

I am on day 6 of 14 of an ALL clear liquid diet (broth, sf Jello, Water, Protein Shakes made with water - no food at all). So far so good; I'm down 12 lbs and hopefully shrinking the he** out of my liver :). When at a Mexican restaurant last Friday night, they didn't have broth or anything so I sucked on a few tortilla chips for a minute and dipped a spoon in salsa, shook it off then licked it. Should I even admit this?? So pathetic!

I had a full blood workup last August (unrelated to surgery) and all of my blood levels were great. During the surgery prep process, my blood levels came back with high cholesterol and diabetes. Plus I have gall stones so I'm getting my gall bladder out during surgery. What a wake-up call and reassurance I'm doing the right thing!!!

Anyway... Surgery is set for 8:00 am next Thurs 3/26. I've been soaking up all of the information I can find on this website (people seem much nicer here than on obesityhelp.com!). I have a few questions -

* How long is your anticipated overnight stay? My surgeon said around 20% of patients get out the next morning and the rest stay an additional night.

* Since the stay is so short, do you plan to have visitors? If I don't get out the next morning, I'm telling my husband to go home and come back the morning I get out since we live an hour away. Will I want visitors?

* How long is your anticipated time of work? My surgeon office put 2-4 weeks on my FMLA paperwork, but said most likely I would only be off 2 weeks.

Thank you so much for your answers and all of the great support out here!!

Edited by deetz71

As far as the Swanson broth I tried the Tuscan & the Louisiana ones. The Tuscan had too strong of an after taste for me & the Louisiana one was so spicy! They were not for me! I like the beef stock the best.

@ I had my sleeve 15 days ago. I did stay 2 days in the hospital, the day after surgery you have your leak test and then comes the liquids. (I also had a drain in, which came out the day I was discharged.) Once you start drinking you never know how you will tolerate liquids, so again the extra day is yours for a cushion.

I also took 2 weeks off, I am trying to have my time off qualify for short term disability (a benefit I pay for at work). I know I probably could not have gone back to work last week, but feel much stronger this week and I actually look forward to going to work (I work 12 hour night shifts in a fairly busy ICU). I am on a weight restriction for 6 weeks (35 pound limit).

Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

@

Hello I am currently on my liquid diet also my surgery is scheduled for March 23rd. My surgeon told me to be prepared to be out for at least 2 weeks. He stated everyone is different and it really depends on what kind of work you do and if you feel up to it.

I was told to be prepared to stay at least 2 to 3 nights. I can have visitors i was told but not sure i will want any, I have to wait to see how I am feeling. My husband will be there until I'm out and he knows I'm alright.

Now your goal bladder i had mines removed about 10 years ago so you really should anticipate at least 3 weeks recovery and due to the goal bladder surgery which is a must and not an elective you should not have a problem with with disability if you choose to deal with them. My surgeon put the same thing on my FLMA paperwork.

Good luck on your surgery

Down a total of 31 pounds...here's why ;)

post-238057-14266107557753_thumb.jpg

@@FortKnox78 Weigh to go!!! Keep up the good work!!!

I don't want company. I did my last three surgeries on my own, and would rather just nap, walk and heal.

Anyone else gain weight on the clear liquid stage? Or stall? I have a barrier I can't break. Been same weight three days. No cheating

You aren't going to lose every day.. I lost 7 pounds like the first 5 days.. then went to two tough spinning classes two days in a row, and gained 3 pounds.. then lost that.. then stayed at 7 pounds lost until this morning, so 11 pounds lost in 2 weeks.. I'm really going to try to only weigh once a week.

Hello, March Sleevers!

I am on day 6 of 14 of an ALL clear liquid diet (broth, sf Jello, Water, Protein Shakes made with water - no food at all). So far so good; I'm down 12 lbs and hopefully shrinking the he** out of my liver :). When at a Mexican restaurant last Friday night, they didn't have broth or anything so I sucked on a few tortilla chips for a minute and dipped a spoon in salsa, shook it off then licked it. Should I even admit this?? So pathetic!

* How long is your anticipated overnight stay? My surgeon said around 20% of patients get out the next morning and the rest stay an additional night.

* Since the stay is so short, do you plan to have visitors? If I don't get out the next morning, I'm telling my husband to go home and come back the morning I get out since we live an hour away. Will I want visitors?

* How long is your anticipated time of work? My surgeon office put 2-4 weeks on my FMLA paperwork, but said most likely I would only be off 2 weeks.

Thank you so much for your answers and all of the great support out here!!

I'm surprised they didn't have chicken soup!

We live 2 hours away from the hospital, and I was told I will have a private room, and my husband is staying with me. My NUT told me to expect two nights, but I am hoping for 1.

I am off 2.5 weeks.

@ I had my sleeve 15 days ago. I did stay 2 days in the hospital, the day after surgery you have your leak test and then comes the liquids. (I also had a drain in, which came out the day I was discharged.) Once you start drinking you never know how you will tolerate liquids, so again the extra day is yours for a cushion.

I also took 2 weeks off, I am trying to have my time off qualify for short term disability (a benefit I pay for at work). I know I probably could not have gone back to work last week, but feel much stronger this week and I actually look forward to going to work (I work 12 hour night shifts in a fairly busy ICU). I am on a weight restriction for 6 weeks (35 pound limit).

Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

So, my surgeon said they do the leak test while you are under, before they seal you up.. anyone else have/hear this??

Down a total of 31 pounds...here's why ;)

31 pounds just during liquids??

Edited by Chrystee

You gotta try this stuff! 15 grams of Protein, 2 carbs, 0 sugar, no funny ingredients

post-238057-14266161153557_thumb.jpg

Today is day 2 of my liquid diet and it is horrible. I am weak, tired, have a bad headache and starving. I am also at work. I was supposed to work tomorrow but my boss is letting today be my last. Surgery is monday, i am nervous and excited. More ready to just get this over. Im located in Michigan.