Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey October sleevers, what are you eating?!

Hey guys, I'm wondering what you are all eating now just a few months after surgery? I have a cruise planned about 10 weeks after my surgery and I'm wondering what I will have to eat? Please help! I'm so worried!

At 9 weeks I was able to start "regular foods", about 3 ounces per meal.

Below is the link to my Dr's nutrition guidelines, which I am following (except for the fact that I was told to skip full liquids and go to pureed the day I came home from surgery).

Check the 9-15 weeks link on that page, and it should give you an idea of what you'll be eating.

http://www.mybrandnewlife.org/patient-stories-and-support/bariatric-dietitians-guide-to-successful-weight-loss/

Why are you worried? Just listen to your sleeve, take tiny bites and chew, chew, chew. No need to worry over it. Eat Protein first, lay off the carbs and alcohol. You'll probably not be released for all foods by ten weeks, but you'll find that it's not hard to eat normal things. I'm only 17 days out and I don't have a lot of trouble with anything in the stage I'm in now. The only difference is that you'll eat much less.

Hi, I am nine weeks out and I still start the day with either a Protein Shake (30 grams protein) so I am half way there for the day :). Sometimes I eat a spinach shuffle or omelet with ham. Cottage cheese and fruit work well too, just remember to eat slow and stop when full. Other meals you will go through the endless buffets and pick out your favorite Proteins first (fish, chicken, or turkey) they are very high usually 15 grams or better per 2-3 oz. If you are just not feeling hungry as the stomach is no longer producing as much Ghrelin (hunger hormone), eat what you can but keep a shake handy because your proteins are key. I am not a doctor and any advice is strictly from my own opinion and experiences. I love my dietician and have gotten quite an education, still learning new things everyday. Good luck!

I don't eat a big variety of things but when i do it is tuna or chicken or avocado.

Thanks for the tips. I'm just worried that I'll be on a cruise and have to drink broth and eat sugar free jello! I know there will be restrictions but I just don't know what to expect. I have my meeting with the nutritionist soon so hopefully that will help me learn what to eat.

I am able to eat 3-4 ozs of Protein as long as it is moist, In terms of other things, I can only eat about an ounce or two but as long it is easily digestible its been fine. I've been stating away from raw veggies but I hope to get clearance for salads and green Beans at my appt this week.

I was sleeved 10/14...I have stopped "tracking" everything I eat and am relying on my body to tell me what is right. Most of the time it is about 3-4 ounces at a time, sticking to only three meals daily with very very limited snacking (like usually 1-2 times a week...handful of crackers or a piece of fruit). I feel great diet wise and continue to lose steadily. My family is wondering if I am loosing too fast??

Typical day: glass of milk to start, Breakfast is usually either a 1/4 piece of toast or a couple crackers with a homemade dip (lots of Protein in it--usually yogurt based). Lunch: cold cuts with some cheese, piece of fruit. Supper: whatever my family is eating but in a much smaller portion. Tonight we had spaghetti. I don't do any juices (unless I have an occasional cocktail). Also haven't done much for Protein shakes...trying to get most of it through diet.

My favorite food is still homemade dips in the morning!

HW: 256

SW: 224

CW: 182