Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2007 Banders - Plateaus

I've been the same all week - went for a fill - but I was down 5 since my appointment 2 weeks prior - so still no fill - I have slacked on the excercise this week though - so. . . it's kinda my fault

I was banded on April 23rd, I lost 14lbs before the surgery and since have lost 14lbs. I've had 2 fills, my first fill I had gained 1lb. my second fill I remained the same. I have alot of weight to loose, I began at 341 and now I'm 313 and not real happy with my self. At first I felt no restriction with the 1st adjustment, the 2nd I did fill somewhat of an adjustment, I return on 7/18 (I'm hoping for a loss) somedays I feel like I've lost and other days I feel the same, I have yet to feel like I'm gaining, which is a good thing for me. The doctor told me that the 3rd adjustment I will feel alot of difference. He adjusted the 1st time after only 5 wks. then 4 wks later the second time. I guess it all depends on your doctor. My doctor is Dr. Coirin from Modesto, California. He was a little upset with me on the eating part after the surgery, I was really bored with the soft, puree, liquid stuff-I wanted to eat and slowly I just kept trying things. bread, Pasta, Rice, Doughy things bother me the most, Plus I can't seem to stay away from the liquid during my meals, so I'm pushing the food through to fast. I really have to work on this. Also I have a bad habit of eating during the nite.....thats a real bad habit of mine. Sorry so long

I HAD THE SURGERY THE SAME DAY AS YOU, IVE FELTTHE SAME BUT AFTER MY 3RD FILL, IT HIT HE SPOT, I CAN ONLY EAT 1/2 A CUP OF FOOD AND IF I EAT MORE THAN THAT IT COMES BACK UP, SO IM A REALLY HAPPY WITH THIS FILL, TRUST ME IT WILL GET BETTER.

banded 4/13... started at 325, pre-surg 315, now 288. hit a plataeu.. it is frustrating... I can eat almost anything I want as well have 2cc in 10cc band. Seems like a lotof us have had the same issue.... this is so helpful. I don't feel so alone.

everyone is doing so good - anyone else finding the cooler weather/holidays increasing the grazing factor? - tracy awesome job - I was checking out that google spreadsheet - any chance of adding to it?

Yes the cold weather makes me want to bake and munch!

as for the google spread sheet........ all you need to do is PM me your real email address and I will add you as a user.

Ahhh I've hit a plateau! Actually I'm eating the wrong things and too much of them...I'm not quite sure that I need a fill because at times I'm SO tight I can hardly take a bite or two, but it doesn't last long usually - once I get going, slowly, I can eat way more than I should. I hope I haven't stretched my esophagus.... :car:

Today I ate three pieces of pizza for dinner - I'm telling you, the wrong darn foods. At work I do well - it's when I come home that I always fall off the wagon because my hubby, my mom and my daughter buy so much junk food....

Oh well, I'm walking about 2 miles a day now, which is 2 miles a day more than I did for the first 5 months...and it feels SO good to walk! Next week I'm adding 20 minutes a day of strengthening exercises to my regimen. Maybe that will kick start my weight loss despite eating 1500 calories a day... :faint:

Sadly, junk food goes down easy and never 'fills me up'. It just goes and goes. I could eat a whole bag of my ritz chips or a whole box of my weight watcher cake things.. and not bat an eye. It sucks. And when it's TOM, I endulge :car:

But the good news is, no gain, right??

I certainly don't gain during my 'bad times', and it takes only a couple days of strict bandster eating to kick that scale back into shape.

Let the guilt go, move forward! :)

You're right Laura, although I'm home all weekend to cheat LOL....I'll try to behave as best as I can. All this damn Halloween candy isn't helping either! I just went on another walk earlier because I wanted a piece of the cheesecake my daughter made....I'm really starting to like exercising....I would have never thought!!!

Hello. I was baded 4/19/07 and have not had a fill yet. I have lost 52 pounds, went from 283-231. Now I am back up to 237-239. I know it is because I need a fill, which I will get towards the end of the month (I have to pay $150 up front to get one). I am now able to eat what I want, I eat a normal plate size (I dont eat as much as I did before surgery, its still less) I just am worried now that I have stretched my stomach, since I can eat a whole meal...like I know its bad, but I can eat a whole Happy Meal, if I go to AppleBees and get a steak, veggies, and mashed potatoes, I can almost eat all of it. Do you think I stretched my stomach over my band or is this normal because I havent had a fill yet? I was walking 2 miles everyday and thats when I go to my lowest. When it got cold I stopped walking, and now have gained weight back and eating more (and unhealthy things, which I need to stop). I also have been having bad pains in my right side that last for hours, but it is below my port. Does anyone get these pains and know what these are? Sorry for all my complaints...I just needed someone to talk to. Thanks!

Hello. I was baded 4/19/07 and have not had a fill yet. I have lost 52 pounds, went from 283-231. Now I am back up to 237-239. I know it is because I need a fill, which I will get towards the end of the month (I have to pay $150 up front to get one). I am now able to eat what I want, I eat a normal plate size (I dont eat as much as I did before surgery, its still less) I just am worried now that I have stretched my stomach, since I can eat a whole meal...like I know its bad, but I can eat a whole Happy Meal, if I go to AppleBees and get a steak, veggies, and mashed potatoes, I can almost eat all of it. Do you think I stretched my stomach over my band or is this normal because I havent had a fill yet? I was walking 2 miles everyday and thats when I go to my lowest. When it got cold I stopped walking, and now have gained weight back and eating more (and unhealthy things, which I need to stop). I also have been having bad pains in my right side that last for hours, but it is below my port. Does anyone get these pains and know what these are? Sorry for all my complaints...I just needed someone to talk to. Thanks!

OMG....I applaud you for doing so well without a fill. I doubt that you have stretched your stomach. the only restriction you have is just the band itself...you definitely need a fill without question IMO.

The pain thing, I have not had them. Come on over to the main Shrinking Violets page. We are truly a sisterhood over there and would love to have you join our little family!

SweetThang......... OMG you have kicked ass without even having a fill!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK! Get the fill but until then just go into diet mode until you can get one....... heck who knows maybe you'll even get your sweet spot with the first one.

AGAIN.......... YOU HAVE COMPLETELY KICKED ASS!

HELP!

I have a question. I was banded April 6, 2007 and I have lost 65lbs, BUT I really only lose when the band is so tight that I cannot eat and it hurts to drink, and I throw-up a lot. I got a slight unfill 0.5cc and now I have not lost for weeks. I can drink okay now, I can eat Cereal and milk with no problem, but it hurts to eat HEALTHY, i.e. chicken, eggs, lettuce, oatmeal, even Soup with carrots and beef. Do I need another unfill? or to be slapped for eating Cereal for every meal??? HELP!

I was kind of like you and finally had a small unfill .3cc's..... I can eat more than Soup now, but lettuce and eggs always give me problems... my thought is that lettuce wilts and doesn't break down and eggs well they kind of act like little rocks as they are bouncey and don't break down... I have to chew each bite 20 times... but truthfully I get bored doing that and that is why I eat a lot of ground meat.... or I put my chicken in the crock pot.......

I wish I had the willpower to stick to plan with lose restriction, but I don't so finding a happy medium is what I try to do........... GOOD LUCK

i was banded april 23rd 07, i have lost 68 lbs and is doing great, i havent had a fill in 2months but is losing 2lbs every other day. best thing that ever happen to me in losing weight.:D

weight.png