Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2007 Banders - Plateaus

Hi all:

I was banded on April 30th and I was at 268 and I am now 251, I have lost 17lbs. I have been on a plateau for over a week, anyone had this problem? I don't get my first fill until June 21st seems like forever.

Someone out there let me know I am not the only one that has had a plateau. Look forward to hearing from you.

I was banded April 24, 2007 - I lost 19 lbs the first week - holding steady at 30 lbs now. Just got my first fill Thursday - hoping to see some positive results now.

I was banded on 4/18 and I was 250 day of surgery

first fill was june 4 at 3.5cc fill and lost my restriction a week later and lost 1.5 cc out of my band was also done under fluroscopy

Second fill was to 3.2cc fill on july 21 done in the doc office

Current weight is 242 as of today lost 4 lbs since second fill .. so 8 lbs in 2 mos is not impressive but I hope my fill is the trick

be well all

Lisa

I'm at a standstill but mostly its because I can eat most anything I want.. and last week we were on vacation so I ate a LOT of crap!

The bad stuff........ funnel cakes topped with icecream and strawberries! BUFFET crap... again..... most anything goes down without problem...

I guess the only UP side is that I can only eat 1 plate and not 3-4 like I used to be able to do.

NO matter........... I'm back on the wagon today and tomorrow I'm hitting the gym before work.

I was banded on April 23rd, I lost 14lbs before the surgery and since have lost 14lbs. I've had 2 fills, my first fill I had gained 1lb. my second fill I remained the same. I have alot of weight to loose, I began at 341 and now I'm 313 and not real happy with my self. At first I felt no restriction with the 1st adjustment, the 2nd I did fill somewhat of an adjustment, I return on 7/18 (I'm hoping for a loss) somedays I feel like I've lost and other days I feel the same, I have yet to feel like I'm gaining, which is a good thing for me. The doctor told me that the 3rd adjustment I will feel alot of difference. He adjusted the 1st time after only 5 wks. then 4 wks later the second time. I guess it all depends on your doctor. My doctor is Dr. Coirin from Modesto, California. He was a little upset with me on the eating part after the surgery, I was really bored with the soft, puree, liquid stuff-I wanted to eat and slowly I just kept trying things. bread, Pasta, Rice, Doughy things bother me the most, Plus I can't seem to stay away from the liquid during my meals, so I'm pushing the food through to fast. I really have to work on this. Also I have a bad habit of eating during the nite.....thats a real bad habit of mine. Sorry so long

Lisa, something you said about the 3.5 cc and then after a week it was 1.5 cc, does this mean you've lost some of the liquid being put in the band? If so, how does that happen? Why I ask, is because I've had 2 band adjustments and they start off tighter but feel they get looser after about 3 days afterwards.

don't get down that you've hit a wall just look at how much you've already lost - almost 30 pounds is nothing to sneeze at - get 30 lbs of dumbells and carry them around with you - good job! good luck to you

Hi smyly, I was banded 4/12/07. I have had a couple of weeks of plateaus. This must be normal. Especially since we went from liquid food to normal food. I have lost 21lbs so far. I know I should be happy but it seems to be taking FOREVER. Also, I just got my third fill, and when they say eat slow and take tiny bites- they arn't kidding. Otherwise it is painful to eat.

I hit my plateau 3 weeks ago and still holding. I have been on vacation for the past three weeks and ate almost anything I liked. Even had some alcohol. As soon as I started to gain a few pounds I felt miserable! Am home now and need to behave. Actually going back on Protein Shakes for a few days. I had my surgery April 5, 2007 and have lost 41 lbs. so far. I have a had time feeling hungry or full. My doctor seems concerned about this.

I finally saw a new low this week, but I admit I've been sticking to the bandster rules very well!

Good girl, Tracy!!! Just like Judy always says............:)

I am stuck, I am following the rules the best I know but just seem to be going up. I am going to talk to my nutritionist tomorrow and hopefully get some good advice this time.

Tracy & Judy - I think I like the Violets rules best.

what Judy says!!!!!!!!