Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dessert options?

I have sugar free strawberry jello( 10 calories and less than 1carb) and a dollop of whipped cream! Yum!

Suzemuze has a good point--always read the label! Not all Protein bars (or anything else) are created equal or are even good for you. Some are even really high in sugar. I can never remember which one I get so I always have to read the labels again. Try to stay under 9 g of sugar. I found some that are around 6 g. Some are really high in sugar!!

Probably the best thing to do is not have any dessert but I just don't know how that is possible!

sugar free puddings and jellos and popsicles are really great options for our needs but I do also worry about all the chemicals in things like Jello. I go back and forth in m head on what to eat that is low in sugar but still tasty vs. what is healthy to eat in general. Sometimes, it's tough and I have to go with the Jello, etc.

Suzemuze has a good point--always read the label! Not all Protein bars (or anything else) are created equal or are even good for you. Some are even really high in sugar. I can never remember which one I get so I always have to read the labels again. Try to stay under 9 g of sugar. I found some that are around 6 g. Some are really high in sugar!!

I have to read labels on EVERYTHING. My allergies and sensitivities make it mandatory. I even carry a magnifying glass to the supermarket with me. One thing I have to be careful of is when a label says "No artificial sugars" Often that means a product is sweetened with stevia which is a plant. However, I am allergic to stevia.

I also try to stay away from any label that reads like a science product.

Speaking of magnifying glasses to read labels, I think it is my nearest CVS that has magnifying glass sheets hanging from the shelf for people to be able to read the labels in the Vitamin aisle!! I thought that was awesome.

* Fresh raspberries and non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt

* Sliced small apple and 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese

* chocolate Truffle Caltrate 600 mg. Calcium + D3 soft chews (Hey! I get my WLS jollies where I can find them!)

Tofu makes a really good dessert base. Pinterest has a decent amount of nutritious tofu-based dessert ideas.

Health Wise high Protein low carb hot cocoa. YUM

I was never much of a sweets eater pre-op but I have grown quite the sweet tooth. Fortunately, my old favorite, ice cream, makes me dump so I have no desire to eat it.

When I want something sweet, I just need a little bit, so I stick with a piece of good quality dark chocolate, a frozen mini snickers, two or three Hershey Kisses and I actually savor them instead of horsing them down so fast I don't even taste them like i used to.

I go for something I know I want, not a substitute, because one or two bites will do me and I won't have it on my mind anymore.

I like Nature's Way Dark chocolate and Peanut Protein Bars, 10 grams of Protein. I keep them in the fridge. I also like sugar free Klondikes or sugar free Blue Ribbon ice cream sandwiches.

Thank you everyone for the replies! I have a lot to experiment with. Happy new year!

The Quest bars are very good. I also really like the Power Crunch brand of bars - they are crispy and light wafers. My favorite is the chocolate Mint or the Peanut Butter. I order them from Amazon or Swanson Vitamins - both are much cheaper than the store.

I made green sugar free Jello and added an 80. Calorie vanilla Greek yogurt really good with sugar free coolwhip

Cottage cheese mixed with Muscle Milk cake batter Protein powder makes a killer cheesecake. Super simple and loaded with Protein.

I also make ice cream from protein powders, milk, Greek yogurt and Torani syrup.... Muscle Milk Red Velvet cake with caramel syrup; chocolate Protein Powder with English toffee Syrup, vanilla Protein Powder with pureed bananas and crush walnuts.... To name a few. Again, super easy and loaded with protein.

Edited by Kindle