Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dessert options?

So I have been good with all my cravings. Practically none to really worry about...except my sweet tooth. Are there any VSG friendly Desserts that I can buy in the store that doesn't taste like artificial garbage?

Good question....I will wait with you for responses....

Quest bars. Sold at GNC.They make a couple of them that taste like Cookies. And there is one that tastes like a cinnamon roll. And a lemon bar. They all have like 20 grams of Protein and a bunch of Fiber. Otherwise I would honestly say to make your own cookies and throw in unflavored Protein Powder into the mix to at least make your snack worthwhile.

I like Quest bars! My husband brought me some more home today. chocolate chip cookie dough and cookie n cream are my fav!

@@kasumi I the only "sweets" I've had in two months are sugar free mints and sugar free lemon drops...sorry I'm not Good at this ; ( sweets are my down fall so I just avoid them.

Most days I'm happy with fruit but a cup of hot cocoa will often hit the spot

Oh I had one mini Reese's since surgery & it was enough

Edited by BLERDgirl

Oh yea! I live on Decaf chai tea with a touch of heavy whipping cream. I rather drink that than eat.its becoming a habit!

Edited by Elode

Well, it definitely didn't help that I baked desserts for our Christmas meals. chocolate has been on my mind lately.

Good question. I think the Quest bars or Protein bars in general are a good option, and they help you get your Protein in. sugar free hot chocolate or tea is a nice warm drink for the winter that would make a good dessert.

Sometimes I just like fruit--frozen grapes are awesome! So are frozen blueberries (yes, I eat them frozen). Or a small bowl of strawberries with fat free/sugar free cool whip.

And someone on here shared this before that I just made for Christmas. It's very decadent. You can also switchout the pudding for flavored Jello (orange is good). I put in some crushed pineapple, too. THere are other similar recipes online for sugar free Jello.< /p>

Sugar free/Fat Free Cheesecake Jello Pudding

So I discovered Jello's instant pudding with cheesecake flavor. (sugar free/fat free)

I mixed it up with cottage cheese, milk, protein powder, and cool-whip. Fiesta!!!!

I used

1 sugar free/fat free cheesecake flavor Jello Instant Pudding

Protein Powder

2 cups of cottage cheese,

4 tbs milk

1 cup of cool whip

It isn't storebought, but the world according to eggface has pretty simple recipes for Protein ice cream, 5 minute Protein cakes, protein fudge.. yum yum yum

I adapted the microwave cake in a mug to be a little healthier.

The original recipe:

Ingredients: ¼ cup all­purpose flour 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder ¼ tsp. baking powder 2 tbsp. granulated sugar (you can add 1 tbsp. more if you like it a bit sweeter) ⅛ tsp. salt ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk 2 tbsp. vegetable oil

Instructions: 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. 2. Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps. 3. Pour batter into a microwave­safe mug. Mine was a 14­ounce mug. You want enough head space for the cake to rise without pouring over. 4. Add 1 tbsp. of hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down and sink it in the batter. 5. Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your Mug Cake overflows). 6. Microwave mug cake for 60 seconds on high. Microwaves vary, I start at 60 seconds and if it's not done, I pop in back in for another 10. Check and if necessary add another 10 secs. 7. Carefully remove from microwave and enjoy!

To cut calories & add Protein, I used:

Ingredients: Insead of the ¼ cup all­purpose flour, I used half Protein Powder & half almond meal. 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder ¼ tsp. baking powder. Instead of the 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, I used half sugar and half stevia or any sweetener for baking. Once I realized that stevia was an allergy trigger for me I started experimenting with date paste, but I haven't figured out a good ratio for that yet. ⅛ tsp. salt ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk, I subbed unsweetened almond milk. You can use any unsweetened non dairy milk. 2 tbsp. vegetable oil

Then just followed the mixing instructions above. For a extra special treat, you can add a tsp of nutella or nut butter of choice or you can microwave it with 1 caramel in the middle or 1 giant marshmallow on top.

The cake in a mug is a easily adapted receipt and there are zillions of recipes out there. Just google cake in a mug.

Edited by BLERDgirl

I plopped about 1/2 tablespoon of cream cheese in the microwave to get soft, then mixed it with about 1/2 of a SF chocolate pudding cup - it tasted like chocolate cheesecake and was just enough

I do 2 things - either whipped ricotta with vanilla extract and splenda in it (old Atkins recipe) or cottage cheese with fruit spread on it.

Ahhh, more sweet toothed folks out there! Good to meet ya! Everything suggested above looks yummy, but I would throw a word of caution out there (not to seem like a wet blanket) that I make a point of checking the calorie count of those Protein bars. 20 grams of Protein sounds great, but some of those bars I've seen can pack over 300 calories! sugar-free doesn't necessarily mean "low calorie"- those things are sweetened with sugar alcohols, which can be just as high in carbs as some high octane sugary stuff. All depends on what you're trying to accomplish and watch, but for me, 300 calories isn't worth it. I can be happy with one sugar free Peppermint Pattie type candy from Weight Watchers for about 60 calories... I just eat it all slow and dramatic-like, like they do on the commercials & walk a little extra on the treadmill ;) With that being said, sugar free pudding, Breyer's Carb Smart fudge bars & Hershey's Sugar Free baking chips are awesome!

My sweet tooth comes alive at night so I have a cup of Dt. Swiss Miss cocoa that I doctor up with 2 tsp Splenda 2 tsp of non-dairy Creamer 3 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder & a dash of vanilla and cinnamon. Perfect for cold winter nights and I rarely finish the entire cup.