Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here , 10 weeks post op sleever, I would like to know how others are doing.

Hello! I am about 10 weeks out. Down 43 pounds. Lately, I feel like I am having hard time eating course meats, so NUT cut be back to some mushy foods and put be on Prilosec. Stomach may just be having some aversions. Some days feel really good and get in all my Proteins and Water, some says not so great! Feel good overall! First time in years I actually lost weight over thanksgiving holiday!! Good luck! Please share!!

That's great! The only thing I've had problems with was a piece of lean pork I cooked that was too dry. That didnt go well. I never thought I could be so disciplined but I follow my nutritionists diet pretty much to the letter. I'm down 70lbs. As of yesterday. It has really helped that my wife started to follow the diet once I went on solid foods. Do you find it hard to get all your Water in?

Yes!!! I used to be able to "chug" Water back in the day! No more now! If I drink too much too fast...all comes back up! I try to keep water with me all day and sip, but it is an adjustment!

I'm 4 weeks out and struggling to get in my Protein. I haven't tried enough of the different brands and have introduced solid foods too soon. So, the nutritionist is helping me to regroup. Mim on 500 cal. A day- protein and vegs only. I had my sleeve on Nov. 12 and have lost 10 lbs. since. Dr. And Nutritionist say it should be more. I'm going this weekend to get some unflavored protein and see if that helps and order some samples of others. I can't eat very much at one time so I know I've got to get the protein in liquid form. Suggestions and encouragement please!

My Dr. Had me on protien shakes and soft foods at 4 weeks. The soft foods being cottage cheese, sugar free pudding with protien powder mixed in, fat free refried Beans, fat free string cheese, and sugar free Jello. The main rule even when you get to solid foods at six weeks should be protien first. At ten weeks I just started to mix in some veggies. But was still told protien first . Before now I I was still eating 1 to 2 oz every other hour. Now I can eat three oz at most . You can buy unflavored protien powder and mix with skim or 1% milk a couple berries and some PB2, makes a decent protien shake. I hope I answered some of your questions. Had to go off memory, for some reason I can't see your post. Good luck! Glad to answer any questions I can.

Ah your post is showing now. So what I was told by my dr was if I was having trouble getting it in was to go back to my liquid diet for a couple days and basically flush my system and start over. Have you tried the Isopure? It was too expensive for me but It has a lot of protien in a small amount of Fluid. The unflavored powder is still a milk product so make sure you mix it with something you're going to tolerate or enjoy. You can do this just give your self a do over and start new. Good luck! I would say no to the veggies til you have a full grasp on the protien.

I am 14 weeks out and have lost 37lbs. Premier Protien shakes from Sams Club have been a blessing !!! I am having a hard time keeping a good diet bc I get hungry and don't have time to eat 5 times a day. I only lose weight if I walk and I rarely find the time.

I won't give up! Good luck!!!

Hello finding time for anything is hard. Sounds like you're doing well . As far as finding time for exercise im in the same boat. keep up the work and good luck!

I'm 20 months out. You will have good days and bad days. Some days you be able to eat a food with no problem and the next day it makes you sick! Here's what I've learned... Greasy meats make me sick! Hamburger meat, pork sausage, German sausage equal puking! Breaded and fried foods make me sick. If I stick to chicken, steak, shrimp, and fish, I do great! I've lost 144 lbs. I still have days where my sleeve refuses whatever food I eat. I feel icky after a meal that has no reason to make me sick. You'll figure out YOUR no no foods! Good luck to you!!!!

I'm 6 weeks and will be 7 next week. Followed my Dr to get at least 60gm of Protein and 64 oz Water. Lost 37 pounds so far and only one poop episode. I take B12 tablets once a day and feel great! The best part is I am 67. I'm going to gym 3-4 times a week and walking. I wish I'd loose faster and get discouraged about that but I think the doctor and dietician I picked are the key and they are rock stars!! Good luck fellow sleevers.

So happy to see people on here that had their sleeves done the same time as me(december 9th) I have lost 48 pounds. So far it has been so easy except for the Water thing. I too am a gulper and loved to stand in front of the water cooler and guzzle 1 or 2 big glasses. I did that once post op and just about threw up. The pain was incredible. But I just forgot that I can't do that any more.So now my little sippy cup is never far from my side. I need to constantly hydrate. This procedure is by far the best decision I ever made, besides marrying my husband.My daughter in law is actually having it done today in Mexico.My only regret is not doing it 20 years earlier. I do get frustrated though, thinking the weight should be falling off faster than it is. Anyone else feel that way?