Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My VSG is on 12/17 anyone around the same date?

Jakcelyn Im so sorry you re going through this much pain and suffering. I had my surgery on the 16th and the last two days have started to make me human again. Has a little worry when I spiked a temp of 100.6 but it went away on its own within a few hours so the doc isn't worried. They did give e a tac block ( nerve block) in the belly right after surgery and one of the needle sites is very very sore, which the anesthesiologist said would be as they went deep into the diaphragm area. I wish I didn't have to cut up pills lol but I don't mind. They gave me a huge amount fo vicodin that I couldn't possibly use if I had pain for 3 months then maybe. lol Im thinking and hoping for you to get better. I hope things will get better for you fast.

We are going to do win this, any way I can help even if its just to chat, let me know. Keep the faith. .

that's very sweet of you Steve, thankfully I'm doing very well. Our friend @@Okie_RN is the one going through the rough time. She will get better soon though. Glad to know your fever went away and you're doing great! I believe we will all feel great this summer as we will all be healthier!

Day 2 post op. Will be released tomorrow if I tolerate shake. Can't believe I'm only a little sore. Had a tubal at the same time. With my gall bladder removed laparoscopically, 10 years ago, I was in soooo much pain.

that's awesome! Your body is working with you and that's all we can ask for. Glad to see you're doing well!

Mine is tomorrow, and I still haven't gotten a call about what time to be there! I'm going to call them if they don't call me in the next ten minutes. Like I need to worry about them forgetting to schedule me!

Otherwise just gathering up a few things to bring to the hospital - toothbrush, book, phone charger, pillow....

hope you're recovering well!! I'm home and starting to feel like myself again. I'm suppose to have 50oz of fluids and can only manage to have 24oz but I'm trying my best!,other than that all is very well and I'm sure you'll be also!

Had surgery on the 16th currently resting at Grandmothers feeling the love. Just can't get down 60 grams of anything at the moment. Any tips?

I'm required 50fl oz for the day and can only fit 24oz also. I'd say start earlier, its the only thing we can do. Good luck, keep us posted.

I feel like I just want to eat crackers... What's up with that!!??!! (Don't worry I'm not going to)

its a craving lol you just made me laugh. And its hard to laugh hahaha. How are you doing tonight? Any better?

its a craving lol you just made me laugh. And its hard to laugh hahaha. How are you doing tonight? Any better?

Well I got discharged a couple hours ago after begging the doc to let me leave... Now I'm at home realizing I don't think I can get comfy in my bed. I am ready to be well!! I will say that the shower was amazing though! I no longer feel like I'm toting hospital germs around :)

@@Okie_RN honestly I felt the same way when I got home. It was hard but I found a way to accommodate myself. In order to get up I have the back of my dining room chairs facing me next to my bed so I can use it to pull myself when getting up. There's a large spring Water on it to hold it down. Its working very well. Get some rest, walk around for 10 minutes every hour and you're going to do great! Keep us posted. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Mine was the 16th. Stayed an extra day then ended up in the ER yesterday due to non stop vomiting. Turned out I was dehydrated and not taking my medication as inatructed. So now meds every 6 hrs and as much liquids as I can.

ive ben somewhat lucky I haven't had a problems getting my fluids in, my problems is drinking too much too fast, I only hit my fill point , that is, my sleeve saying, Hey! put just one more thing down here and im going full reverse on you! Although I now have another issue, sever hunger pains, I know im not hungry but these hurt, only time I veer felt this before was when I had an ulcer like 4 or 5 years ago. The funny part is my stomach sounds are so loud you can hear them in adjacent rooms in my home. lol seriously. I emailed my nutritionist to see if she thinks I should page the surgeon on call or wait until Monday. thankfully yogurt and Protein Shakes have been really go od to me so far. now the chewable Calcium tablets.. yechh.

ive ben somewhat lucky I haven't had a problems getting my fluids in, my problems is drinking too much too fast, I only hit my fill point , that is, my sleeve saying, Hey! put just one more thing down here and im going full reverse on you! Although I now have another issue, sever hunger pains, I know im not hungry but these hurt, only time I veer felt this before was when I had an ulcer like 4 or 5 years ago. The funny part is my stomach sounds are so loud you can hear them in adjacent rooms in my home. lol seriously. I emailed my nutritionist to see if she thinks I should page the surgeon on call or wait until Monday. thankfully yogurt and Protein Shakes have been really go od to me so far. now the chewable Calcium tablets.. yechh.

i have had the same thing it hurts like$&;$$;

I had my sleeve 12/18. I'm still in the hospital but should be going home today. Yesterday was pretty rough, a lot of nausea and gas pain. Today is much better!! I'm doing pretty well on liquids and feel somewhat human again.

No please no crackers my grandma made fish and I was tempted beyond belief. We can do it!

Mine was 12/11 !

I had the surgery same day as you I'm now 3 days post op and trying to adapt to this new part of the journey. Hope all went well.