Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My VSG is on 12/17 anyone around the same date?

Made it through pretty well. In pain but expected. Can't sleep so thought I'd drop a quick update. Was told I'd probably be here two nights. No fluids yet. Have to have upper GI first thing and then I can attempt drinking. Keep brushing my teeth because all the iv meds give me a terrible taste. Blech. Moving around pretty well.

Awesome congratulations!! I'm doing pretty well also. Walked 3 times last night and went to pi 3 times so. Have not really passed a lot of gas yet. How about you?

Good luck to you! I am early AM tomorrow, but my surgery center is 4 hours away so I'm leaving tonight after I sit the kids down for dinner. Give us a shout tonight to let us know how it goes.

good luck today jess! I wasn't so bad and I hope yours isn't also!

I'm having a very easy time of it. Little pain and no nausea. Doc said everything went perfectly. I've been up waking and am feeling good. I won't be doing crunches anytime soon .... but all in all. I'm goooood.

I'm having a very easy time of it. Little pain and no nausea. Doc said everything went perfectly. I've been up waking and am feeling good. I won't be doing crunches anytime soon .... but all in all. I'm goooood.

Yay same here. They discharged me already. I'm home, relaxing in my bed. So happy for you Jess!

Yay same here. They discharged me already. I'm home, relaxing in my bed. So happy for you Jess!

I am still in the hospital. Yall are lucky you were discharged and lucky to only have minimal pain. I wish I wouldn't have had all three surgeries at one time. I am having pure hell! Nausea, vomiting (minimal thank God), and intense pain. I looked at all my op sights and I am covered with staples instead of dermabond, which is weird because he always uses glue. I can't drink either without sharrrrp pains in the mid epigastric area. Not sure he will let me go home tomorrow either. I'm just glad y'all are doing well.

I am still in the hospital. Yall are lucky you were discharged and lucky to only have minimal pain. I wish I wouldn't have had all three surgeries at one time. I am having pure hell! Nausea, vomiting (minimal thank God), and intense pain. I looked at all my op sights and I am covered with staples instead of dermabond, which is weird because he always uses glue. I can't drink either without sharrrrp pains in the mid epigastric area. Not sure he will let me go home tomorrow either. I'm just glad y'all are doing well.

i am sending positive energy going your way ❤ stay strong, every day gets better and better. Easier said than done I understand but you're going to be home and better before you know it! BEST OF LUCK, MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU.

I am so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time ... but you can do this! You are well on your way to a new, healthier life. I will keep you in my prayers.

Had to stay two nights. Was released just after noon today the 19th. (Surgery was the afternoon of the 17th.) Yesterday was not fun at all. No complications or anything, and everything went smoothly. Still am experiencing some soreness but nothing out of the ordinary. Glad to be home.

Jakcelyn Im so sorry you re going through this much pain and suffering. I had my surgery on the 16th and the last two days have started to make me human again. Has a little worry when I spiked a temp of 100.6 but it went away on its own within a few hours so the doc isn't worried. They did give e a tac block ( nerve block) in the belly right after surgery and one of the needle sites is very very sore, which the anesthesiologist said would be as they went deep into the diaphragm area. I wish I didn't have to cut up pills lol but I don't mind. They gave me a huge amount fo vicodin that I couldn't possibly use if I had pain for 3 months then maybe. lol Im thinking and hoping for you to get better. I hope things will get better for you fast.

We are going to do win this, any way I can help even if its just to chat, let me know. Keep the faith. .

Had to stay two nights. Was released just after noon today the 19th. (Surgery was the afternoon of the 17th.) Yesterday was not fun at all. No complications or anything, and everything went smoothly. Still am experiencing some soreness but nothing out of the ordinary. Glad to be home.

Girl I had mine the 16th and I am still in the hospital. I have been one sick girl. I am praying I get to go home soon!

Day 2 post op. Will be released tomorrow if I tolerate shake. Can't believe I'm only a little sore. Had a tubal at the same time. With my gall bladder removed laparoscopically, 10 years ago, I was in soooo much pain.

Had surgery on the 16th currently resting at Grandmothers feeling the love. Just can't get down 60 grams of anything at the moment. Any tips?

Bsfwife, I've been reading several posts because I struggle with getting my liquids down also and it seems to be the norm. The past 2 days I was averaging around 30 oz. I'm striving to get more in tonight, but I feel so full already! Just keep working on it. We'll eventually get there!!!!

Thanks for the support. I had visiting nurse today who was concerned, but just can't push it. I was super shocked at the deep whole where the stomach came out. Not pretty. Also sad that I don't like my chocolate muscle milk so back to the drawing board on Protein choices.