Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

The Hope Ride is on Sept. 20th this year. I think that it benefits the Hope food Bank. Usually they have a website, but I haven't found one this year. Hope is in Bartholomew County Indiana. I think the nearest "big" town is Colombus, IN.

KY

sounds good

I am not sure, but we will see. Depends on how money is going

it is veryyyy hot here today

got in 36.5 miles....not the 50 intended....it was too hot. So, we listened to our bodies, and pedaled our way back...had some very interesting hills......to say the least......thanks god for granny gear....

Got in a ride tonight (finally) - felt great!! I'm a happy, happy girl. :teeth_smile:

Hoping for relatively cool early mornings the rest of the week. That's when I like to ride, love sunrise on the seat of my bike. Sounds like most posters on this thread ride in the evening - is that accurate? KY

I was so bummed I couldn't ride today. My 5-year-old DD was going to ride with me (just a leisurely cruise around the lake) and she decided to speed-demon it down our driveway and then missed the driveway she usually goes up. Hit the curb instead at full speed and flew herself off the bike, over the handlebars, and into a bed of rocks. Scared her to death. Scared ME to death. Yes, she was wearing a helmet. The extent of her injuries? ALL she got was one slightly bruised and slightly scraped knee. If it had been me, I would have been hospitalized!!!! LOL! She wanted to go sit in the house and wasn't interested in her bike until it was too dark.

So, now she's bummed that we didn't go riding. I went for a walk and promised her we'd go riding tomorrow.

Yikes SDP. Glad she was wearing a helmet and the injuries were minimal.

FYI all, night riding is fricken amazing. I rode into work this morning. Headlight was great, as was the flashing ass light (yeah J, I know). I could definitely do this daily. Hardly any cars on the road. Love it, love it.

i ride in the monrings on the weekends, but during the week it is in the evening. We live in Rural Indiana with gravel roads. We have to drive to go ride......I would love to ride in the morning though...

That is awful about the bike wreck.....YIKES>>>>>Glad she is ok...

BG...I want a blinky lite too..LOL

I rode 17 miles saturday morning. Getting closer to 25. 15 mph average. I didn't think that was bad for only having been at this for about a month.

good job b!!!!! It s raining here...wth

Great job BB!!!!! That is awesome miles and average!!!!!

SAN, glad your DD is ok and not in the hospital, as you said, you would of ended up there, as would of I, at least I would of thought I should be there.

BG, what kind of headlight did you get???? Did you get the combo light package? What about the holes in the road, could you see them good? How far to work from your house is it? Ok, enough of the twenty questions.

I did not ride Saturday, we took a drive to a state park to see if we wanted to go camping there. We didn't get home until 6 and then I had to get dinner and then it was just not working out. I was kinda disappointed I did not get in my 40, but thought I would do it Sunday after church. Well, Sunday after church we decided to go fishing and when we got back we decided to go mountain biking. Boy, let me tell you. You want a workout, go hit a mountain trail. I think we only went maybe 4 miles and I was drenched from head to foot. It is such a different kind of workout, I really like the road biking better I have decided. So, when we got home, I jumped on creamy and went about three miles hard and fast, just to make up for not going fast in the mountains. Tonight though, we are going 40, and thats that!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

more time for me to catch up!!!!

what is your goal for the week??? I was under mine last weeke

well, life gets in the way at times....having fun reaching for the goals though!!