Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

JC

It's good to see you are haning in there.

Don't let timeframes and arbitrary objectives get in the way of reaching the long term goal of healthily managing your weight and living a happy life.

An extra year at 226 is better than being at 350. I know cherry perspective is annoying so I'll shut it.

Miss you dude. Glad school is going well. On that note, I'm going to break out the text books.

J

It's official, I've signed up to run the 5K on February 17th. I'm going to run with real live other runners! Egad.

Come that Sunday morning at 8am, send me some good JUJU. Now don't worry if can't mark your calendar right this minute, I'm sure I'll mention it again in the next 11 days.

Julie girl you rock! I wanna be like you! :)

JC- Hi! Thanks for the welcome! I actually go by 'C' now (my real name is Carol). I don't know what happened to you, but I hope you get better really quick! Thanks for the note on the bikes...I've decided to stick to my roadbike.

I gotta go feed my kid, but I will be back later! Bye for now!

~C

Whos- Did we decide you're W? Cool on the 5 miles! Are you indoors our out? I need to run my next 4 outside regardless of the weather, so I'm used to it. I prefer running outside too, I pace more naturally and it's not nearly as boring.

JC, I know you'd be cheering me on. Dude, I miss your energy. Yee-haw and such.

C- Girl you'll be running in no time. I'm sure you'll be kicking ass and taking names with the best of us.

Hi there Mattiesue.

JC....hey there !!! Thanks!!! I miss talking to you, and it always nice coming on here and seeing ur post.

Hello to all...

I am really struggling on this school thing. I have internet classes, which would be ok, but I am not getting my math test back, so I am kinda upset about that. Not allot of feedback,and I am not getting it....and this is supposed to be the BASIC math.....LOL I think I am in trouble...

Well, better get going...Nite all

Hey JC good to see ya buddy. Hang in there, you are still a rockstar.

HP you are gonna do great in your classes. You have a lot on your plate right now, make sure you at least take and hour or two on the weekend and pamper yourself. You deserve it.

J did you get factacular working yet? My friend said if that happens again to log out and log back in and the problem should be fixed.

So I managed to stuff myself last night with dan's bday celebration but it was not as bad as you might think. In the am I gave in and shared a paczki with 2 other people. We split it into quarters and the thin person got 2 pieces lol. So I got that craving out of the way. We went to Texas Roadhouse and I had a salad and 3/4 baked potato (loaded no bacon so not great but could have been worse) then I had a very small piece of the Ice Cream cake I bought for Dan. Did you know 1/12 of that cake was 550 calories and 32 grams of fat??? Holy shit. I did not eat quite that much but I did go to the gym afterwards miserably full and did 3.5 miles on the treadmill at a 7.0 incline for a calorie burn of 500. So hopefully no damage done.

Happy Bandiversary Babygrl1234!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt1: :wink2: :angry: :huh2: :eek: :mad: :clap:

Down 90 pounds in one year! Never to return!

You're an inspiration to us all!!!:confused:

I posted this over in the feb 07 Banster area but I wanted to cross post it here since it is MY day and all lol.

I started my journey at 278 pounds which was my highest weight ever. I am not really sure exactly how I got there but it is what it is. I never really thought I was that big, I was just kind of in a huge denial of my actual self.

I originally went to a seminar in July of 2006 to learn about the bypass. The nurse coordinator and my mother had worked together way back when so she has know me forever. I was convinced to come to the meeting when I saw how great she had looked and that she had a bypass in 1997. At that meeting I learned about the Lapband which I had never even heard of before. I got my info and thought about it but decided to try dieting one last time. I lost 30 pounds that I promtly regained.

In Decmeber of 06 I gathered my doctors documentation and had my consult. I could have had my surgery in January but opted to wait until Feb. I had my UGI and psych eval done and I was ready to go.

Day of surgery. I was scared out of my mind. I had never had surgery before and I could not get myself to calm down. I kissed my kids and held them tight. Once I went through preop and was lying on the bed I finally got some meds to calm down. I remember being pushed to the OR room and it felt like I was flying there. They transferred me to the bed and the next thing I remember was being pushed to my room leaving the postop area. I have been told that when I woke up in the OR I felt up and down my body and exclained "Holy shit, I am fucking alive"

This whole past year has been the hardest journey of my life but the best thing I have ever done for myself. I have struggled with head hunger, emotional eating, plateaus, and frustrations, but it has taught me that I can survive. I have gained a new confidence about myself. I know I am worth more than I ever thought was possible. I know I can be a good wife and mother. I know that even if bad things happen, I can and will overcome them. With the loss of these 90 pounds I have gained a whole new sense of self. I always said that weight loss would never change me but it has. It has opened up a whole new world that I never really knew existed. It has challenged my thoughts of how my life was and showed me just what it could be. Instead of the facade I put on daily I have now gained the confidence to finally truely be myself.

I can't wait to find what my second year of banding has in store for me.