Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heading back to ER again, prayers please

Nprcowboy, have you tried phenergan for nausea? Don't give up on different nausea meds...my daughter suffers from chronic Migraines and has severe nausea...there are many other nausea meds out there...good luck!

Nprcowboy, have you tried phenergan for nausea? Don't give up on different nausea meds...my daughter suffers from chronic Migraines and has severe nausea...there are many other nausea meds out there...good luck!

yeah have tried phone gran, Zorn, meclazine, scopalomine patch, and compazine. Surgeons say nothing left to give me

I have read that acupuncture can be very affective against nausea. Maybe it could help you feel better. Just a thought. It does sound like you are somewhat better despite the nausea. Keep on hangin in there.

I don't want to offend anyone but I have read that marijuana helps with nausea. It supposedly works better than drugs derived from it. Does your state allow it for medical reasons?

@@IcanMakeit That seems like a good point. I've heard that as well, but have never tried it for recreation or medical.

Unfortunately they voted it down this past November for medicinal use. I had heard that as well. And on Xmas day when I was at my worst a friend of a friend brought some over and for 2 hours it didn't vomit and was myself for that brief period next day was back in hospital for 6 days. So I agree it works just not legal here so not really an option

I don't want to offend anyone but I have read that marijuana helps with nausea. It supposedly works better than drugs derived from it. Does your state allow it for medical reasons?

Lol I was thinking it, just wasn't going to say it.

Unfortunately they voted it down this past November for medicinal use. I had heard that as well. And on Xmas day when I was at my worst a friend of a friend brought some over and for 2 hours it didn't vomit and was myself for that brief period next day was back in hospital for 6 days. So I agree it works just not legal here so not really an option

Legal or not, if thats what's helping you, call your friend ????

Edited by Cota1262

I agree, legal or not, get your hands on some. It may be that it helps allow you to get some extra Protein in, and will help you heal.

A dear friend of mine was given medical marajuana to help her keep down food while going through chemo. It made an immense difference in her life. Perhaps a visit to CA is in your future.

But in the mean time call your friend and smoke a little for your own good. Perhaps smoking for a short time will get you over the hump and slowly you will be able to introduce food back into your life. Ideal.? No, but perhaps this is a more holistic approach for you.

Like all your other bariatric pals, I wish you well.

Paula

If you can get your hands on it there are many forms of medical MJ. Some you smoke, some is in liquid form and some is in edible form. It's not about suddenly becoming a stoner.

Edited by BLERDgirl

Wow. I feel for you. I have had 3 PICC Lines, became allergic to the adhesives they use so they stitched it to my arm. They ripped. Then had two NG tubes that clogged. I was glad to be free of tubes. This was with the RNY. I hope things get better for you soon.

Thank all. I can't do the marijuana help as I can't risk my job and random drug tests so not really an option for me

Quick update. Still holding my own. Nausea has been bad but am able to eat and drink. Maybe botox is working or stomach finally coming online. Just need to manage this nausea