Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heading back to ER again, prayers please

She is doing great, about 2 1/2 PO and she is down 76lbs, no complications at all and is doing great. I'm trying to get my liquids in and some soft foods. I need to test this botox thing. So far so good but I was good for about 7 days post tube last time too. So we will see

Hang in there NPRCowboy! Sounds like you are doing a lot better now than a month ago. Stay positive and wish you and your wife the best.

We will all keep our fingers crossed and keep you in our prayers.

Praying this works out better than last time for you. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Still doing so so. 9 days post tube removal. I'm doing fair on liquids and soft foods. Still have bad nausea every day and take compazine. Eating is still an uncomfortable experience. Jealous of my wife and her bypass, she's doing great and can eat much more with no discomfort and is losing weight. I'm losing but no joy in anything. Good related for me

If its any help, I'm 3 months PO and I haven't had any of same issues except nausea, and eating is not a good experience for me either. It's uncomfortable and everything tastes nasty. They have been treating my nausea with carafate and reglan. The thinking is that I prob have some gastritis and that can cause ongoing nausea. Seems to have helped nausea, but eating is still a chore, and no weightless in over 3 weeks. Wonder if they would let you try some carafate, it coats stomach lining. Sorry for all your setbacks, keep pushing on!

I have tried carafate, reglan, Zofran, and am on the strongest they have as my understanding, compazine which is typically used for chemo patients. I can take 3 times a day but I take twice a day, last time tube was out was taking one every 2 days. Maybe botox of pyloric valve added to nausea. I am doing better this time around but they aren't sure when botox will wear off. Maybe if I stay this way, this is my life. Not the one I planned but what else can I do. I just don't think long-term use of compazine is good

@@nprcowboy, I really hope that you have turned a corner and will begin to heal. Know that prayers and positive thoughts will continue to be sent to you by your internet friends.

Thank you

Back at Tampa General for appts with Nut and Psychologist. Not sure what we be accomplished. Nut to see what other sources of Protein I can get I guess since I don't tolerate protein shakes/powders, or yogurt or cottage cheese. Psychologist I think is a waste as surgeon said he thinks I have a subconscious fear of eating because of me being sick. I told him I have no fear of eating whether I get sick from eating or not. I want to eat, my issue is mechanical not mental. Ugh. But will see these appts as he requested and I visit back with surgeon next week or week after I think. I'm. Still holding my own so maybe botox has helped some. Just don't want to have to live the rest of my life having the discomfort I get from only a few bites of food no matter what it is. What I do fear is that while I am not on my death bed surgeon may be happy not doing anything for me and expect that this is my forever life with my sleeve. My wife had the bypass and can eat 5 times what I can eat with our discomfort I take a couple of bites and am uncomfortable and have to burp for a while to displace space for next bite or relief. I'm struggling a bit on fluids as hard to get fluids in anytime soon after I eat because discomfort can last around an hour.

Hoping you get relief.

Edited by JustWatchMe

@@nprcowboy I realize it's frustrating but you actually sound like you are where many of us were early on post op. Instead of comparing to your wife perhaps try viewing this as your reset. Imagine you are a few weeks post op. It may be slow going but I'm crossing my fingers this is your new starting point.

Edited by BLERDgirl

Yeah that's kind of what the psych said. I'm just sick of being like 2 weeks post op 4 months in and sick of this constant nausea