Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone banded in Prague?

im booked in to be banded (all being well with the pre-op tests :cry ) in Prague on 29 May! flying from Bournemouth on the Mon 28 May and returning Fri 1 June!

i'm so anxious and excited i can hardly sleep!!

just wondered if anyone else had been there for theirs?

nope sorry I'm a Paris girl myself!!

Good luck with your banding journey, I await your feedback on the facilities, treatment and doctors though, please post on your return!

I have to say that my biggest surprise was the fact that the procedureis so minor! I had my first fill yesterday (8 weeks post op) and I have to say I didn't quite believe I'd really had anything done until I saw my band on the xray as it was being filled!

Bun1, goog luck. One week to go and counting. Don't be too anxious, I am sure it will all go well. How long are you staying there post-op?

i'll be in hotel the 1 night before the op then will spend 3 nights in the clinic post-op which is quite reassuring. i've been fervently reading about everyones lapband experiences and now find myself worrying about fills etc probably the same things that everyone else has worried about :cry also people have mentioned the pb'ing so now im worrying in advance that if i violently vomit that i'll pee my pants at the same time! :omg:

Never heard about that particular problem myself. I will tell you an amusing tale though...when I woke up from the op, the nurses were asking me how I was feeling. Now I am french having an op in France. Apparently I started shouting things to them in English. They could not understand a word I was saying and I was too out of it to comprehend why they looked at me blank...so they put me out again!!! Good thing too cause I was shouting that I was in pain!1! LOL! Anyway the second time round of waking up I was feeling much better and no pain at all so all was well in the end!

Good luck for the surgery. I sooo hope that it brings you all sorts of happiness!

Lots of bandsters love!!!

unfortunately everything that could go wrong did go wrong - you honestly wouldnt believe what i've been through!

it's been nearly 2 weeks since i returned from Prague, they could not operate on me because i had an infection in my blood and urine! (which i wasn't aware of)

i booked with bodies beautiful and they have not contacted me to see how i am or when i want to go back for the op.:(

i am seething as i've just emailed them (again) and still waiting for some response - just to acknowledge my existance would be nice! it seems that now they have their payment (deposit) they're not bothered. :angry

Hi I was banded in prague at the same clinic. i am 5 weeks post op and for the past three weeks i havent lost a pound. at the clinic they told me that they dont usually do fills until at least 6 months, how are you doing with your weight. I also had a problem with E'mail reply

thanks jeanniepenine.

I also got done in Prague on 27th August. My experience was very good and Dr Martin Fried did mine. But he did tell me that he didnt expect me to return for at least 10 months.

Am still in mushies stage and am losing weight nicely but I dont have any feelings of fullness. The UK advisor is Mandy and I rang her last night just to confirm what I was feeling was OK. She had hers done in May and she says she is at least 4 dress sizes down now but I cant verify that unfortunately. She says what is happening to me is normal but Im not sure.

Im keeping my fingers crossed through the phasing in stage and waiting for my first resticted feeling.

Let me know how your experinces panned out in Prague as I am very keen to know.

Alison x

Hello Alison, thanks for the reply, could you let me have Mandys telephone no i was not given that information. I am now 7 weeks post op and haven't lost any weight since 4 weeks post op, i am going to have my first fill in Manchester on the 18thSeptember with a different surgeon £150 for the fill but by the time i have taken flight costs and taxie back to prague a round trip of 40mins to manchester seems better for me. Please reply urgently i will keep you informed of how i go on. thanks jeannie.

hi jennie, who is doing ur fill in manchester? r they not bothered u went elswhere for op? good luck hope u get ur sweet spot first off. Liz p.s. you'll be a happy bandster then lol. x

Hi jeannie, have u had ur fill done yet? how did u get his surgeon to do fill when u didn't have op wih him? can anyone us him for privae fills? no i not had band done yet waiting for Nick to e-mail me with price etc. he foned me tuesday i have had op their bfor i had arm lift it's great no more batwings lol Dr Visek did it he is vry good i also had my upper & lower eye bags done cant wait for next op my droopy boobs, but i will wait till after i ave band fitted and loose more weight. hope u r ok pls let me know about the fills etc. kind regards lizzy.