Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 mos out, failing horribly... ????

My husband is currently waiting on insurance approval to have surgery. We're hoping he gets his date in December. I told him he'll understand once he's post-op how serious it is to have someone take the 'special' food that you've prepared when there are other options for them to choose from.

Please don't put yourself on hold waiting for your husband's insurance approval. The thing with us food addicts is once we get off track, the harder it is to get back on track. That's how we end up yo-yo dieting. Sometimes we need to tell the people in our lives in the most straight to the point way possible. Tell him he's sabotaging you.

I am almost 5 months out and finding it hard to stay on track lately too. Bored of my "go to" healthy foods and feeling less restriction at this point. I am trying to up my exercise to compensate for being less disciplined with eating.

You can't exercise away a bad diet. Why not google new go to health foods? Try to expand your repertoire.

I'm definitely not waiting on him to get approval. Was just stating that he'll understand better once he's had surgery. I'm working on getting back on track. Believe me my husband is the sweetest person you'll ever meet but if he's hungry he's going to go for whatever is easiest and that means my already prepared foods/meals. I'll stick w/ my idea of putting them in the veggie compartment in the fridge.

I'm definitely not waiting on him to get approval. Was just stating that he'll understand better once he's had surgery. I'm working on getting back on track. Believe me my husband is the sweetest person you'll ever meet but if he's hungry he's going to go for whatever is easiest and that means my already prepared foods/meals. I'll stick w/ my idea of putting them in the veggie compartment in the fridge.

I hope that works! Sounds like you're ready to get back on track.

You can do this!

After looking at your stats, I can't see why you titled this "failing horribly". You've lost 76 pounds in 7 months! Very, very impressive. You must be doing something right.

I am a slow loser. I had surgery last February and I haven't lost as much as you. Still, I consider my loss very much a success. I'm not yet exercising formally, but am doing a lot more housework, yard work and walking at work. I had a 2 month stall around 5 months out, which finally broke when I got a stomach bug and couldn't eat for a day. That restriction that I could no longer recognize came back at that point and I'm losing again.

You, my dear, are no failure!

Thx Rena. I'm ecstatic about what I've lost. No way could I have done that on my own. But I felt like I was failing b/c I got so off track and had lost focus. I've been losing and gaining the same two lbs for a couple of weeks now and the idea of gaining back every lb is scaring me into getting refocused.

I've read so many posts and comments where ppl would say they could pretty much eat whatever they wanted and still lose so I think I got a bit laxed and started thinking I could do the same (in moderation) but nope that doesn't work for me. I'm not one of the lucky ones :/ lol

Try Quest Protein chips, the macros are great and I loved the taste of pretty much all of them..then you don't have to feel guilty .. Just google it

Try Quest Protein chips, the macros are great and I loved the taste of pretty much all of them..then you don't have to feel guilty .. Just google it

Yuck ????????????didn't like those chips at all, waste of money ????

Track every single bite. I am 20 months out and I have tracked the good, bad, ugly for all that time. chips are sliders for some and go right down with no restriction. You just need to pick a different, more dense snack. There will be plenty of time to have chips again when you start losing again and when there is room in your calorie limit.

Because I track everything I can easily tell why a gain occurred (I am in maintaining mode. I don't say at goal since that sounds like there is an end and there really isn't ) Usually the scale goes up if I have indulged in too much sugar. Or i see that most of my calories by far were Snacks then I know too much grazing. But the trick is absolute honest tracking of every single bite. I tell myself that as long as I track it I can eat it with no guilt. That is my safe guard to not only lose weight before but now also to maintain.

I've heard of them. I checked my local GNC for them but was told they hadn't gotten them in yet. I've been hearing mixed reviews on them. I've had protein chips before and thought they were disgusting but supposedly these are much better.

Track every single bite. I am 20 months out and I have tracked the good, bad, ugly for all that time. chips are sliders for some and go right down with no restriction. You just need to pick a different, more dense snack. There will be plenty of time to have chips again when you start losing again and when there is room in your calorie limit.

Because I track everything I can easily tell why a gain occurred (I am in maintaining mode. I don't say at goal since that sounds like there is an end and there really isn't ) Usually the scale goes up if I have indulged in too much sugar. Or i see that most of my calories by far were Snacks then I know too much grazing. But the trick is absolute honest tracking of every single bite. I tell myself that as long as I track it I can eat it with no guilt. That is my safe guard to not only lose weight before but now also to maintain.

I usually stop tracking once I mess up. Smh. I guess I don't want anyone seeing my inconsistencies but that seems to be hurting me. I locked myfitnesspal so now a passcode is needed to view the foods I log so maybe that will help me with staying accountable.

I would NEVER give anyone else access to My Fitness Pal accuont. That's information and feedback that I need, but no one else needs to know.

At least, that's what works best for me. YMMV.

With regard to keeping your husband and kids out of prepared food - why not just make the same food for everyone. No junk food in the house. All food is 'on plan'... since they like eating it anyway. :)

@@VSGAnn2014 I don't mean access as in they can log in and out of my account. I mean as in 'friends' can view my food diary. I didn't find out til recently that you can lock it.

@@scstxrn we all basically eat the same thing. But when I meal prep it's just for my Breakfast and lunches that I take to work. So we eat the same for dinner w/ slight variations. When I prep my lunches for the week I eat the same thing everyday. There's no way I could prep meals for my family of 7 for the whole week. And things like deviled eggs that I make for a snack they eat them fast and then go looking for mines so hiding is my only option.

@@scstxrn we all basically eat the same thing. But when I meal prep it's just for my Breakfast and lunches that I take to work. So we eat the same for dinner w/ slight variations. When I prep my lunches for the week I eat the same thing everyday. There's no way I could prep meals for my family of 7 for the whole week. And things like deviled eggs that I make for a snack they eat them fast and then go looking for mines so hiding is my only option.

I have a drawer in the fridge and a basket in the cabinet that are hands off. It's not that I feed them that differently, but I need to know they haven't eaten ALL of the Quest bars/jerkey/think sliced cheese/thick sliced turkey/Greek yogert/whatever. My kids are old enough that they understand--DH is another story! He's decided quest bars are his new favorite! He's quite frugal so I thought sharing how much they cost might discourage him.... Nope! Sigh!