Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 mos out, failing horribly... ????

For my first 5 months I feel like I had this whole new lifestyle down! I stuck to plan and if I happened to veer I remembered that moderation was the key. I'm in a stall, been here for over 2 months now. Partially because I've strayed so far I don't even know where to get back on path. I got pretty down the first couple weeks of my stall and had a pity party. My vice is chips and Cookies now. Chips have always been an addiction of mines but I was never a cookie or sweets person so I don't know how that happened. I'm really worried with the holidays creeping up. Has anyone else fell so hard so early on but was able to bounce back? Advice and opinions welcomed.

It is never too late to get back on track. It is simply a matter of how bad you want to do it. Nothing worth achieving is easy, unfortunately.

You do know how to get back on the path. Get the Cookies and chips out of the house and go back to eating the way you were when you were being successful. There is no secret.

Right. I do know what to do and for the last week I was doing good but fell off today. And I feel horrible. I think what I really need to do is actually sit down and do some meal planning and then prep for the whole week, it seems I always get off course when I don't have Snacks and/or meals on plan already thought out. If that makes sense.

I have days where I am a disaster. Just the other week I had a whole week of being well under my MyFitnessPal goals and then I blew it on Sunday and had like 1700 calories in Cookies and other junk. There are still days where I tend to eat Cookies or crackers, but the thing that helps me is recording absolutely everything in MyFitnessPal. For example, today I had a cake pop from Starbucks, a petite four, and a handful of nutterbutters, however with everything else I had for the day I'm still only at 950 calories, so when I slip up, I don't freak out when I can see the calories in my app. If I gain a pound one day, I just pay a lot of attention to what I eat the next day and invariably drop right back down by the next morning. The trick is to weigh yourself everyday because it keeps you accountable and to log everything you eat, also because it keeps you accountable. Life is no fun without cookies and chips, but making the sleeve work for you is about knowing that it's ok to have a few cookies one day or even maybe one or two everyday if you really want to, but making sure that your calories are within where they are supposed to be, that you're working out, and that the majority of days you're eating mostly healthy. I had no interest in living the rest of my life eating chicken and vegetables, so I don't eat that most days. I eat like a normal person, which compared to how I used to eat is about 2000 calories less a day!

Good luck...you can get back on track.

Right. I do know what to do and for the last week I was doing good but fell off today. And I feel horrible. I think what I really need to do is actually sit down and do some meal planning and then prep for the whole week, it seems I always get off course when I don't have Snacks and/or meals on plan already thought out. If that makes sense.

I do food prep every week. There's not much to do now since I'm only 9 weeks in, but I still boil eggs every Sunday . They are my post gym breakfast/recovery food since I take a Water aerobics class at 9am.

Plan your food, include some healthy Snacks that keep you within your food goals and get the chips and Cookies out the house. My rule is I keep nothing in the house I can't eat reasonably. If it's a food I would binge on, I buy only enough for the moment. The other day I bought a small bag of hershey kiss, ate one gave the rest to my sister.

I have days where I am a disaster. Just the other week I had a whole week of being well under my MyFitnessPal goals and then I blew it on Sunday and had like 1700 calories in Cookies and other junk. There are still days where I tend to eat Cookies or crackers, but the thing that helps me is recording absolutely everything in MyFitnessPal. For example, today I had a cake pop from Starbucks, a petite four, and a handful of nutterbutters, however with everything else I had for the day I'm still only at 950 calories, so when I slip up, I don't freak out when I can see the calories in my app. If I gain a pound one day, I just pay a lot of attention to what I eat the next day and invariably drop right back down by the next morning. The trick is to weigh yourself everyday because it keeps you accountable and to log everything you eat, also because it keeps you accountable. Life is no fun without cookies and chips, but making the sleeve work for you is about knowing that it's ok to have a few cookies one day or even maybe one or two everyday if you really want to, but making sure that your calories are within where they are supposed to be, that you're working out, and that the majority of days you're eating mostly healthy. I had no interest in living the rest of my life eating chicken and vegetables, so I don't eat that most days. I eat like a normal person, which compared to how I used to eat is about 2000 calories less a day!

Good luck...you can get back on track.

Love. Love. Love, this response! When I slip up I tend to stop tracking my food. Shame I guess but I'll work on getting past that and recording what I eat no matter what. Thx!!

I do food prep every week. There's not much to do now since I'm only 9 weeks in, but I still boil eggs every Sunday . They are my post gym breakfast/recovery food since I take a Water aerobics class at 9am.

Plan your food, include some healthy Snacks that keep you within your food goals and get the chips and Cookies out the house. My rule is I keep nothing in the house I can't eat reasonably. If it's a food I would binge on, I buy only enough for the moment. The other day I bought a small bag of hershey kiss, ate one gave the rest to my sister.

I have to figure out a way to prep without my 14yr old and my husband eating all my stuff. I'm thinking hiding my meals in the vegetable cubbies in the fridge may work...they never look there. Lol

I am 7 mos on the 23rd and did pretty good lost 60 pounds but for the last 3 months I have strayed hard to get back on the path. Eating like I was prior to the surgery I can eat one day no problem and then the next day I can barely eat. My doctor said to go on the paleo diet but I tried and I couldn't stick with it. I think I need to do a sugar flush. Any suggestions and your not alone.

I have to figure out a way to prep without my 14yr old and my husband eating all my stuff. I'm thinking hiding my meals in the vegetable cubbies in the fridge may work...they never look there. Lol

I specifically told my husband that anything on the top shelf is mine and he would like something he needs to ask first. My kids aren't old enough for them to be a problem yet.

I am 7 mos on the 23rd and did pretty good lost 60 pounds but for the last 3 months I have strayed hard to get back on the path. Eating like I was prior to the surgery I can eat one day no problem and then the next day I can barely eat. My doctor said to go on the paleo diet but I tried and I couldn't stick with it. I think I need to do a sugar flush. Any suggestions and your not alone.

That makes us surgery twins!! Unfortunately we have the same issues. I've never tried the paleo diet but I've been hearing a lot about it lately. It may be something for me to look into.

@@Get.Waisted - get you a few sets of those disposable glad food storage boxes and put your food in those. Clearly label them and tell them these are for your food program and not to eat them. You shouldn't have to hide food. Make them aware that if they eat those they are sabotaging your health. Sure those are strong words, but do you want this surgery to have been in vain?

My husband is currently waiting on insurance approval to have surgery. We're hoping he gets his date in December. I told him he'll understand once he's post-op how serious it is to have someone take the 'special' food that you've prepared when there are other options for them to choose from.

I am almost 5 months out and finding it hard to stay on track lately too. Bored of my "go to" healthy foods and feeling less restriction at this point. I am trying to up my exercise to compensate for being less disciplined with eating.

I am only 4 weeks post op, but I too weigh daily and log EVERYTHING I'm my fitness pal. It helps me stay accountable. I am out of all the liquid and soft phases and on my lifetime diet so I know how important it is to stay on track! If you want it u have to fight for it!! Good luck to you!