Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Thats Hilarious, I have never herd The Muffin effect!!:eek: and I was in the clothing Biz for years!!! my favorite is the Camel toe you now when your stuffed into a pair of pants and your yonie resembles a hoof :)

What a hoot!!!! ... a "yonie" never heard that one before!!!:)

Danny,

Best wishes for a successful and speedy banding! Hope all goes well, I will be sharing in your misery or excitement or ... just sharing, lol!!!!!! Let us know how it goes for you!!

jennyl, welcome to our group! Best wishes with this adventure! I don't have much longer to wait!!!! YIKES

Glad to report I'm feeling soooo much better today :clap2: thanks for all your well wishes....I'm feeling so good before it gets to hot I'm gonna go to the store and walk arround there for a while alittle Retail Therapy! :) truth is I'm boored havent been out since my surgery on Tuesday. I'm planning to go to work Monday. BTW I canot beleve I'm down 16 lbs!!!!!:whoo::whoo::whoo:

I want to wish all of those up for banding on Monday a successful and complication free surgery ... Dakota, James2539, Forgv70x7, Tinkerbell, Bun1,Jdhj861jr, Cantweight, AppleBlossom. i WILL be thinking of you all as I share your adventure. I hope to hear from everyone when I get back and swap some stories, lol!:whoo:

For the others next week: Marcyinak, Evilah, Ashrae84, Rebecca411, IcyBreeze, princesswillow, jess SA, Felicia17, Neefan, Dover, Ronik26, Jnkntrnk, icybreeze (I have you on for the 10th and 11th, surely not doing it 2ce!!!!! LOL), 18mthstoknow,Gnlite, TanzyCoffeLady, PatticC, Dieka32, Isabell290, Jodieleigh, Vanaman, Linda Pinda, Jennifer NAZ, Trystell, shwew!!!! I wish you the very best! Not sure what I will be up for after Monday, so wanted to make sure I got it all in!!!!:faint:

Bobberts Mom, so glad you are feeling better! Don't overdo it! Have a nice walk!

Welcome jennyl, we're excited to have you join us.

Danny, there was some other TESTOSTERONE around here, but I think they ditched us. Thanks for sticking it out with out with us. I hope you return to post after your surgery. After your trip, you may need that estrogen injection!!

lindaa, you have a ticker. Horray for you.

Sunny, sounds like you're getting things ready to go already.

Someone wanted to know about things I had for surgery that I was glad I had, and things I wish I had. Well, I won't be much help for this. I was in and out quick, and actually used nothing from overnight bag.

I had it all, chapstick, gas x, hot waterbottle (for gas pains), robe, slippers, socks, few extra pairs of underwear (in case I strained myself getting up out of bed when I had to go to the bathroom), change of clothes (I wore home what I wore into the hospital) deoderant, a book (not a magazine because there are pictures of food in most of them), a note pad and pen (to write down questions for the Dr. so I wouldn't forget them when he came to visit) kleenex, my MP3 player, cell phone, scrunchie for my hair(if it has no metal they should let you wear it during surgery), brush, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, and a watch (but they had huge clocks in the rooms) and slip on shoes to wear out of the hospital (I wore sandals in and sandals out- no bending down required)

If I can think of anything else, I'll add to it. Hope this helps everyone out. I thought I had everything covered, and then ended up not needing any of it. Being over prepared is better than underprepared.:)

Well, its confessin time. I lost it yesterday with my boss at work. He is trying to pressure me into coming back after a week because he wants to go to Las Vegas. Well I am a window clerk at the Post Office and I stand at that window for 8 hours at least a day and lift packages that weigh up to 70 lbs. I told him NO. I would be off at least 2 weeks and then I might have restrictions about doing my job. He is trying to bully me into coming back. I am not going to screw this up. I have had this surgery scheduled since last March. It took that long to get two straight weeks off work. Anyway, it was a nasty day and I lost my head and I stopped and got fish at a drive thru for supper. I ate every last bite of it and washed it down with tears, because I knew what I was doing was wrong. I have been on my 4 week pre-op for 3 weeks and my surgery is next week (July 12). Today I feel guiltier than last night. I am trying to do my confessions in hopes that I can just forget it and go on from here. I really have a problem with stress eating and my problem won out last night. Today I have prayed for help and patience and I am determined to behave myself from now on. Thanks for listening.

Patti C

Laurend, glad to see you are doing so well. My cousin had this surg on May 4 and had lost 48 lbs. She could not tolerate the Protein shakes and started with soft foods early as you are. She has done great.
That's wonderful to hear. I've tried several Protein Shakes, but the only one that I actually like so far is the high Protein Boost shake that you can find just about anywhere. It's higher calorie than a lot of them (240 per 8 ounces) and a little bit lower protein (15 g), but it tastes pretty good. And even drinking one of them a day, I am still eating less than 1000 calories.
Someone wanted to know about things I had for surgery that I was glad I had, and things I wish I had. Well, I won't be much help for this. I was in and out quick, and actually used nothing from overnight bag.
To be honest, I packed very lightly, and still didn't use anything that I brought, other than the carmex lip balm. I was too sore and out of it to read the book I brought, and I stayed underwear-free because I didn't want to have to deal with one more hassle when I was trying to get up to go to the bathroom (plus, the elastic in the waistband of the panties sticks to whatever they put on my stomach).

Really, the only thing that I would recommend to bring is a comb or hairbrush, deodorant, and some type of lip balm. If you think you will definitely have problems with intestinal or chest-cavity gas, bring a heating pad and gas-z strips, but that's about it.

Well, its confessin time. I lost it yesterday with my boss at work. He is trying to pressure me into coming back after a week because he wants to go to Las Vegas. Well I am a window clerk at the Post Office and I stand at that window for 8 hours at least a day and lift packages that weigh up to 70 lbs. I told him NO. I would be off at least 2 weeks and then I might have restrictions about doing my job. He is trying to bully me into coming back. I am not going to screw this up. I have had this surgery scheduled since last March. It took that long to get two straight weeks off work. Anyway, it was a nasty day and I lost my head and I stopped and got fish at a drive thru for supper. I ate every last bite of it and washed it down with tears, because I knew what I was doing was wrong. I have been on my 4 week pre-op for 3 weeks and my surgery is next week (July 12). Today I feel guiltier than last night. I am trying to do my confessions in hopes that I can just forget it and go on from here. I really have a problem with stress eating and my problem won out last night. Today I have prayed for help and patience and I am determined to behave myself from now on. Thanks for listening.

Patti C

Patti - FORGIVE your self :)... One day isn't going to ruin everything. Today is a new day - Serenity Prayer - You are human - we have old habits that are going to take awhile to break.

Here is what I have for this week's update. I am going out of town in a few minutes but will be back tomorrow, so if anyone wants to send me their updated stats, just PM them or post them in the thread.

Okay here it goes: I am 5'10.5" and I am currently 435 (wow never thought I would type that out loud :faint:)

Patti C, it sounds like you had a rough day yesterday:cry, and even if stress won out yesterday, today is a new day:), so wipe your slate clean, and your consious (sp) and forget about it. Don't let it ruin what you've already accomplished:D. Learm from it and move on. We've all done it before. Don't let your boss bully you. You are entitled to your time, and let him know that you can always have the Dr. write you off for another week if you feel that he is going to be too demanding on you during your recovery phase:omg:. This is not something to screw around with. FMLA protects those of us with jobs that need to take medical leave, and don't worry about your job, it will be there for you when you return, whenever if may be:heh:.

At think of it this way, you cheated on FISH:clap2:. It's better for you than other items you could of chosen, which I will not mention, due to those on pre op diets. So take a deep breath and let it go;). Do you feel better now??? :whoo:

Yes, Lynette. Thank you. I guess I just needed a little reassurance. I told my Mother what I did, but had not told anyone else. I knew that you all understood where I was coming from.

Patti C