Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

GeGe, I think that thinking about food a lot in the beginning is totally normal. I have a friend who was banded last year, and she told me that for at least the first couple months, your life seems to revolve around food. She swears that goes away as you adjust to band life. I hope so, 'cause I'm right there with you!!!

Question: Has anyone else noticed a stall in their weight loss when they hit the mushies stage? Is this normal, or just me? Could just be Aunt Flo rearing her ugly head too. I was making steady progress until a few days ago.....frustrating. :)

Pre-op today at 1:00 for surgery on Thurs. I am so excited!

Is anyone else like me - I don't want anyone to comment on my weight loss!! I am doing this for health, not to meet the worlds standard of how a person "should" look. I don't want to talk about food/weight with anyone but y'all.

I think that comes from a controlling mother who still tries to watch my weight and used to "compete" with us for who was thinest and who looked the best, ouch! I am not telling my parents about this. When they notice I am having weight loss success I will tell them I just decided to get healthier and it does not benefit me to talk to them about weight or food.

Back to the question. I know people mean well when they comment, but I don't see any benefit to talking about my weight loss with non best friends. Any one else struggle in this area?

C

Dear New CC,

I have only informed my family, no friends (not even real close friends). I find that my daughters are somewhat judgmental that I'm not losing the weight the regular way. I tell them they are completely entitled to their views but I"m out of options and feel this surgery can help me. So I don't want to deal withy the rest of the world as well, at least not at this point. I'm an open person, so this is different behavior for me. I think part of it is I don't everyone watching me to see how slowly or quickly I'm losing weight on the band. So when I'm where I want to be, I'll probably tell people. I'm not ashamed of it, but maybe I am a little, that I couldn't lose weight the conventional way.

Anyhow, I understand why you don't want to talk about it and I agree with you. I find I have enough support from my family and these boards - I don't need any more.

Thanks Reconcilor!! I also have realized that most people don't understand that this is a tool rather than an easy fix! I also am not ashamed, I just had enough judgement over weight/food issues from infancy on.

Question: Has anyone else noticed a stall in their weight loss when they hit the mushies stage? Is this normal, or just me? Could just be Aunt Flo rearing her ugly head too. I was making steady progress until a few days ago.....frustrating. :)

Icy,

I experienced the same thing. I think it's because most of the mushies I've eaten have had a lot of carbs. I did start going to the gym again yesterday and I'm hoping that helps me so we'll see. I know at this point I haven't bee doing all I could have as far as walking goes, but I gave been quite down this week not seeing any weight loss for over a week now.

Hope this helps,

~Nichole

Icy, I think Nicole hit on it with the Carb call! As I plan ahead, I am finding it hard to think of non-carb mushies! My list said, of all things, queso - but kind of strange to eat it with no chips! I stocked on a Tomato basil Soup that is not too bad carb wise. We should try to make a list of low to no carb mushies to keep us going through that stage.

cinC

Does anyone else know they are having surgery in July?

I just got banded July 16! So far so good. It was no where near as bad as I was expecting and am not hungry.

OK, let's see if I can get this to post.

Mango, sorry about DH and his little accident. Hope all is well, and you're recovering well.

Marcy, Stormy is adorable. I think most of my support is from this group. My DH isn't hindering me at all, not any comments, YET,LOL.

Thankd for taking my place yesterday since I couldn't post. Love the comment about me too,LOL

Blooeyes and edith, welcome to the lucky 7's.

Kathy, so sory about your daughter, but it sounds like she's doing well.

Don't forget the SF fudge pops, if you can have them!!

Sunny, the excercise is good, but I got on the scale and gained 2 lbs!!

Had to be from muscle, as I havent's had 7000 calories except all together in the last 7 or 8 days!!

Chim, one more day. You've been on my mind all morning, as I'm picturing you jumping around your house with excitement.

Dini, hope you get the stitches thing figured out tomorrow when you go to the Dr.

GeGe, Protein, I wrote down protein next to your name and now I forget what I was going to say, so stay tuned, I'll try to backtrack and look it up!!

Brandy, love my magic bullet, yes the processor. Funny name, but great blender.

Dieka, I have a 4cc band with no fill until 4 weeks post-op on 7/31.

Gladster, have you called your Dr. about the incision being white? Haven't heard anyone else with this one.

MsYackie, definitely try to get all of your Water in. It may help.

Icybreese, I too have had a stall in loss, been trying to aviod the carbs myself. I have some ideas on low carb mushys:

avacados, very well steamed veggies like squash, zucchini, asparagus, egg plant, cauliflower, tuna salad, chicken salad, egg salad, crab or shrimp dip (maybe home made with mayo) monteray jack cheese (softer). Hope it helps.

Dmtjet, how are your doing? Hope your mother is going to be alright.

Nurse76, where are you??? Hope all is well.

I think I'm done. Hope my computer holds up. It's not even 4 years old. Just don't know whats going on with it. Like I said, I'm probably blowing it up with the activity in the last month or two.

Hey everyone. Just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing?

Today is my day 6 and I am doing well. I was able to start cream Soups yesterday and applesauce. I had some Creamy portabella and some tomatoe Soup. Yum! I was only able to get down down maybe 2 oz, before I was full. I am still drinking my Profect Protein Drinks which are 2.9 ounces each and can only drink half at a time. Whew this is a different feeling.

Doing much better today. My tummy is itching where the incisions are but that is just cuz I am healing. Also, I have real sensitive skin, so where some of the stiprs have come off are red and that itches too. Can't wait til I can actually wash that area. Right now I can only let the Water run over it.

So good news I have lost 5 1/2 pounds since surgery! Woo hoo!!! :whoo:

I am so excited.

Chim~ I am so excited for you. Today is gonna be the longest day for you I know!. Just keep yourself busy and try to get a good nights sleep. I'll be anxious to hear from you after surgery! Oh and yes, I can already taste my yummy tuna salad. I can't wait!

Surgery Date July 18, 2007

6/1/07 350

6/27/07 339

7/18/07 331

7/24/07 325.6

weight.png

GeGe, if you get in more Protein if may help you feel fuller longer.

Sorry, I just couldn't remember what I had wrote down protein for next to your name.

Anytime Lynette, I'm glad I could "fill in"....no pun intended! LOL! Ok, I'm crackin' myself up here!

Hey, GOOD NEWS! I've been having some sharp pain near an incision (same as JenniferNAZ - we email eachother). Yesterday I wore a girdle like panty and today I have NO PAIN! I walked for about 20min and then went out and played with the chickens (my kids included). When I got in I realized that there's NO PAIN! WAHOO! Now, I'm not deluded or anything, I'll probably feel it this evening, but this is great!

What's not great is that I've gained a few pounds...totally sucks, but I'm trying to stay in the mindset that I'm trying to RECOVER not DIET! Although, I'm not eating all that much...it could definitely be the sedentary lifestyle I've been leading the past couple of weeks....I'm going to start walking in the morning with the kids and at night with the whole family!

Marcy, we're in the smae boat. I gained 2 lbs. So frusterated, but it has got to be muscle. I figure 3500 calories= 1lb. I would of had to consume 7000 calories to gain 2 lbs, and I haven't ate but between 600 to 800 calories the last few days. We need to keep our butts of the scales, and just know this is going to work, and give it time.

Headed to my first support group meeting. Not to sure about this one, but we'll see. More support can't hurt, but hey, I love you guys and this thread. Wouldn't know what to do without you (but I kinga got a heads up on that last night,LOL. Not being able to get on and talk (type) was KILLEN ME!!!)

NewCC, I know what you mean about people and their comments. I agree, even the ones that you know mean well, it can drive you nuts! You would like to go somewhere, just once, and not have your weight or lack of or the way you are getting there, be an issue!!! I guess we have to get tough and be able to tell them that we really don't want to have to discuss it 24/7. It's a tough one though!!

Lynette, yeah, she is doing fine by spells, but while she and her boyfriend were at the beach last week, got short of breath and numbness in her arms, with chest pain. She went today to the doc and he scheduled her for EKG, stress test, complete bloodwork, blood pressure medication, and a sleep Study. They feel the majority of her problems are coming from the sarcoidosis, and being my Gram just passed as the result of that, it is a bit overwhelming at the time. My mom wants to have this surgery also. She has started the steps to do that, but if she continues to have all of these other problems, I doubt very much if that will be a possibility!!! I've been trying not to disappoint her, but it is most likely the reality. Thanks for asking though! So many people need prayers these days, it is always something!!! This board is my escape, I love it here!!!