Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

FIVE OF OUR TEN GRANDCHILDREN!! I HAD TO SHOW THEM OFF.

257481190503_0_BG.jpg

Hello all!

Today is day 6 for me. 4 of my 5 incisions look good. I am a little concerned about my longest one. It feels lumpy and has a place that looks like it busted open a bit and is white like if I put some hydgrogen peroxide on it. What should I do?

Hi All -

I am so happy to have found this message board. You all are so welcoming and wonderful.

I have a question...

I am 3 days post-op, and was able to start the mushy stage today. All I had was a muscle milk shake and a half a cup of creamy Soup. A little while later I started feeling really great, and ended up going to the grocery store with my DH. I was hardly able to make it home before I started feeling incredibly sick, and I thought I was going to throw up about 6 times. :think Needless to say, I belched a couple of really big, painful times, laid down in bed for about an hour and then I felt better. I guess my question is - do you think I tried to do the mushy stage too early, or do you think I could possibly be a little dehydrated? It's a catch 22 because you don't want to eat or drink too much - but you can't eat or drink too little either.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

dmtjet, you are far to sweet to me. I know i over re-act when he takes her to wales and i also know, that if i was in adam mom's spot all those years ago i would totally do the same thing she did. its just me being silly. she did come home with lots of new clothes which is fab!! oh also adam came home and told me he' lost around 8lb which i'm so happy for him. How your family doing? i always seam to talk me, annafrancesca or adam so how are your's?? oh your grand-daughter send a big hug and a sloppy kiss

Oh, I soooo love the big hug and the sloppy kiss!!! Right back at the little darlin'!!!! Honey, you have no clue what you have going for you!!! You are quite the special young lady!!!!!!

My family is running all over God's creation! My husband works 12 hour days most of the time, my youngest works every day, and the oldest is out of town and complains constantly about wedding plans and tiny details that have gone sour!!!!! I have a beautiful new nephew, that I went to visit today, my mom has been ill and having undiagnosed lung problems, complicated with sarcoidosis (which took my gram at Easter time) and chest pains!! It has been pretty much a whirlwind!!! I get on here to calm down and feel normal, lol!!! Now, aren't you sorry you asked, lol???? Now, back to you and Adam and Annafrancesca!!! I am much better at helping and solving other people's problems than my own, lol!

Hi All -

I am so happy to have found this message board. You all are so welcoming and wonderful.

I have a question...

I am 3 days post-op, and was able to start the mushy stage today. All I had was a muscle milk shake and a half a cup of creamy Soup. A little while later I started feeling really great, and ended up going to the grocery store with my DH. I was hardly able to make it home before I started feeling incredibly sick, and I thought I was going to throw up about 6 times. :think Needless to say, I belched a couple of really big, painful times, laid down in bed for about an hour and then I felt better. I guess my question is - do you think I tried to do the mushy stage too early, or do you think I could possibly be a little dehydrated? It's a catch 22 because you don't want to eat or drink too much - but you can't eat or drink too little either.

Not exactly sure, but maybe it's the gas/anesthesia still working its way out???

Marcy, Stormy is beautiful!!!!!! What a cutie!!! Made me smile! Kids tend to do that!!!!

Hey there Jeanie. We missed u today, or technically, yesterday.

Dini, Blow that maid off!!!! She doesn't know what the heck she is talking about!!! It is her own insecurity!!! I think people do that to make themselves feel better!!!!! Ridiculous!!! Then you overpaid her???? You are wayyyyyyy tooooooo kindddddddd!!!!!

Hi All -

... I was hardly able to make it home before I started feeling incredibly sick, and I thought I was going to throw up about 6 times. :think Needless to say, I belched a couple of really big, painful times, laid down in bed for about an hour and then I felt better. I guess my question is - do you think I tried to do the mushy stage too early, or do you think I could possibly be a little dehydrated? It's a catch 22 because you don't want to eat or drink too much - but you can't eat or drink too little either.

I'm thinking b/c of the walking you did at the store, maybe that stirred up the gas??? I'm sorry this happened. I'm sure it was a bit scary, too. How much water/drink are you getting in?

Chim, thanks a bunch!!!! Trying to catch up on the threads, taking awhile, lol! You are moving right along there, Girl!!!! Won't be long now!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! Good for you!!!!

Hi Chim,

I know that I haven't been drinking as much today as I usually do. Right now I am laying in bed, chatting with you, watching Big Medicine on TLC and drinking Water. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your input!

Kathy, So true, much better than I have felt in years!!!! I feel younger and more energetic!!! Believe it or not, happier!!! So far, so good!!!

Kathy, My saving drink the first few days was gatorade. I was getting very dehydrated, and it helped tremendously. I dilute 50% with water....love the lemonade flavor! Meds I got were gas-x, tylenol, and chewable vitamins (helped me with energy level). for tylenol, i got a few different flavors...even some kids chewables! i'm super picky about taste, and anything cherry makes me vomit, so couldn't do the liquid.

Chimboree, I'm so sorry your friend upset you like that! She probably doesn't know what to say, which sometimes leads people to say the dumbest things instead of saying nothing. If you are confident in your decision, that's what matters. Enjoy the days before your surgery and try not to let her remark get to you. :)

Gege, i'm so with you! i started mushies this weekend. i've found that if i don't really slow down when i'm eating, i'm still hungry and eat too much. it's hard!!! the only suggestions i can offer is what i'm trying - i put down my fork/spoon between every bite and eat a pre-measured amount of food. once it's gone, i wait at least 15 minutes before eating anything else. if i'm still hungry, i'll get a little more. usually though, i find i'm at least comfortable at that point. sometimes i'm hungry again within an hour, but i figure if i eat at that point, it's probably ok and won't stretch me out. if i'm eating alone, i bring the newspaper. reading helps me slow down my meal. hang in there!

Brandy, your vibrator comment killed me!!! i had the same thought! when i went to see my doc toward the end of the liquids, i was hoping the same thing...that he'd move me to mushies. didn't happen. i told him i was going to scream if i saw another can of Soup. his response? so go get a milkshake. huh??? he told me it had to be liquid, it didn't have to be boring! i love this guy! why no mashed potatoes for you? i had some tonight and they went down really well and were very filling. i'm not a yogurt gal either. fresh pureed fruit is yummy, so are taco bell pintos & cheese (not usually a fan, but they are pretty good!). right now, i'll throw anything in my food processor and give it a try. have to say though, tonight's chicken and gravy looked really revolting...but tasted yummy!

Ms Yackie, mushies at 3 days post-op??? i don't know about your doc's instructions, but sounds very soon to me. i could barely eat much soup at that point. if it's making you sick, i'd consider going back to liquids. i think most of us do at least 1-2 weeks on liquid. seems to work. had you been drinking the Protein Shakes before, or was this your first time? i tried one a couple days after surgery and ended up in bed all day....made me feel horrible.

Chim, Thanks for the updated calendar!!!! You are excited and rightfully so!!!!! You will be soooo relieved once it is over!! Don't you hate when people act like you need their advice on this????? You are right, all of us have worked our tails off to find out and prepare ourselves as much as possible!!! Other people are just so naive!!! They think they hold all the answers!!!!!

This group is definitely my greatest support!!!! I have learned sooo much and found soooo much comfort in knowing my feelings and frustrations are normal!!!! Thanks!!!

Til tomorrow, night all!

Ohhhh, it is tomorrow!!!! Well, later today, lol!

Night!!!