Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

sorry that last one was so long! just checking in - hope you are all doing great!

Just had to share that at 2 weeks post-op, I am feeling awesome!!! Barely any tenderness left in the tummy, sleeping almost fully on my stomach again, energy is nearly back to full steam ahead, and eating (mushies) without problems. If you had asked me a few days after surgery, i was questioning that it was possibly the biggest mistake of my life (i guess that's the joy of no pain meds!). Glad to say any misery appears to be short-lived! Hoping things just get better and better...for all of us! now if I can just make it to normal, non-pureed food again, people at work might stop looking at me like I've lost my mind.... :)

Hi Chim,

I know that I haven't been drinking as much today as I usually do. Right now I am laying in bed, chatting with you, watching Big Medicine on TLC and drinking Water. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your input!

Great. Keep getting that water in and keep walking. That seems to be the key. Big Medicine is one of my favorite shows!!! You will like tonight's episode b/c there's a LapBand 'incident' on there.

Hi Icy -

It's not necessarily mushy's - it's just the next step beyond clear liquid. He had me on clear liquid's (anything that you can see through) until the 3rd day, and then you could try things like a smooth shake, or some creamy Soup. I agree though - I think it was too early. I went back to broth for dinner and Water for snack and dessert. MMMM! LoL! The funny part is that I am still not hungry, I'm just doing this for nutritional purposes. I think I will stick to Clear Liquids for atleast a week, and then possibly bump it up to muscle milk. I certainly don't want to feel like that again. That was yucky!

sorry that last one was so long! just checking in - hope you are all doing great!

Just had to share that at 2 weeks post-op, I am feeling awesome!!! Barely any tenderness left in the tummy, sleeping almost fully on my stomach again, energy is nearly back to full steam ahead, and eating (mushies) without problems. If you had asked me a few days after surgery, i was questioning that it was possibly the biggest mistake of my life (i guess that's the joy of no pain meds!). Glad to say any misery appears to be short-lived! Hoping things just get better and better...for all of us! now if I can just make it to normal, non-pureed food again, people at work might stop looking at me like I've lost my mind.... :)

Glad to hear it! I love hearing how well everyone's doing. It just encourages me even more! I am just so thrilled. I will be getting banded tomorrow!!! (7/25) Woohoo!!!!

Well goodnight. Tomorrow is going to be a long day w/getting last minute stuff arranged. I am so excited! I need to get un-excited so I can go to sleep. LOL.

Gnite!:notagree

Hi Chim,

I love Big Medicine as well. It's good to see that they were able to fix their sister/daughter's problem with a quick 2 min unfill procedure. Thank goodness I opted for the band!

Chimboree, I didn't even realize you are on for tomorrow! Woohoo!!! How exciting!!! I hope you get a great night's sleep and that everything goes well tomorrow. :)

Ms Yackie - I don't know about starting mushies too early, I was eating that stuff at day 3! Didn't have a problem. I bet you got something a little stuck. Remember, we're not DIETING now, we're RECOVERING! It's ok to drink with your food right now, you WANT it to go down easy! I would bet it was a combo of dehydration and the walking, maybe even a little shock to the system. REST and take it easy!

Jeanie - thanks for the compliment...she was extra precious tonight on our walk!

Gladster - call your doc, the nurses here are great, but you PAID MONEY to the doc, he should take your call anytime to answer ANY question! Don't feel like you're bothering him, feel like you EXPECT him to take care of you!

dieka - I also have the 10cc band, the doc likes it and hasn't had any complications with it. He recomends RECOVERY for the first 4 weeks and first fill can be done at 4 weeks. He calls a just placed band a "immature band" and a band at 4 weeks and able to be filled a "mature band".

Kathybad - YES on the liq. Tylenol! I got the gas-x strips too, but don't know if I really needed them, I didn't have much of a gas problem. I also suggest getting an "abdominal ace bandage" (I saw them at Walgreen's) and some papaya pills (health food section)...I've heard that if food gets stuck then the chewable papaya pills help it go down...I also know that papaya helps with back pain too. It was pretty cheap and it can't hurt to have some on hand. Food wise...really, you should be able to get up and about within a few days and use a grocery trip as an excuse to walk! :-)

G'night all....It's time I set the computer aside for the night.

Okay, 8 and 1/2 hours and counting.... Getting a bit nervous. I have cheated a few times on my pre-op. WOuld hate to wake up from surgery and find out they didn't do it...... My friend said she was scared too. I did pretty well on the diet for the most part, but couldn't resist a few temptations here and there. Crazy, but that is the one thing making me nervous.... Oh well, I will be praying hard tonight!! I have lots of others praying too.

I will update when I get up and going again. Wish me luck!

Thanks everyone for the advice on what to buy... I have my list ready for tonight.

Good luck to all up today!!!!

Icy,

Thank you so much. I do need to slow down when I eat. Nurses are conditioned to eat and run - Today will be better - I have packed my bag for work - yogurt, and egg, string cheese and my protien shake. I will stay at my desk and not go to the cafeteria (tempation). But, I find all I think about is food!

I love this site - everyone is so positive! I know I can do it! Thanks team!

OMG, what a mess I've been going through this morning. First I get on and read up to the last page. I go to turn to the last page, and it comes up page cannot be displayed. Been trying to get it back forever, and I went to post this huge long post under quick reply, and it will not post. I was so pissed. Lets' hope this works, cause I hate having high speed internet, and its been soooooo sssssslow. Don't know what's up. I'll try to post this and see if it works.

I'm heading out for lunch with a friend from work, so I'll hopefully be back on in a few hours. Cross your fingers!!!

Pre-op today at 1:00 for surgery on Thurs. I am so excited!

Is anyone else like me - I don't want anyone to comment on my weight loss!! I am doing this for health, not to meet the worlds standard of how a person "should" look. I don't want to talk about food/weight with anyone but y'all.

I think that comes from a controlling mother who still tries to watch my weight and used to "compete" with us for who was thinest and who looked the best, ouch! I am not telling my parents about this. When they notice I am having weight loss success I will tell them I just decided to get healthier and it does not benefit me to talk to them about weight or food.

Back to the question. I know people mean well when they comment, but I don't see any benefit to talking about my weight loss with non best friends. Any one else struggle in this area?

C