Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

It's official: I am in Bandster's Hell!

Up until yesterday I felt no hunger whatsoever but today I wake up and voila, I am starving! And I have to be on liquids only until next Friday. Boy, it will be a long week. :faint:

Are you on full fluids? If so, try using thicker Soups, yogurt, Protein Shakes with a banana pureed into it. These seem to "stick" with you a bit longer. I was in hunger hell up until yesterday when I started using more Protein and thicker stuff in my liquids. Seemed to work.

Kathy and Lynette--I just started full fluids today. I am very full after just a few onces. Is this normal, with this decrease? I am so full that I am really struggling to drink water...I got 36 onces in so far today but it has been a struggle. I am supposed to have one more replacement meal shakes and I just dont think I can do it tonight..

That's for sure! I'm completely energized today. If I didn't have my scars and steristrips over them, I'd wonder if I even had surgery a week ago.

I'm actually feeling some restriction now that I switched to some thicker stuff.

I added unflavoured Protein Powder to my broccoli & cheese Soup. It had a weird kind of foamy texture, but no difference in taste. I think it will be healthier for me too.

Only4me, I didn't have much restriction at first, so don't think I'm a good judge. My dr. told me that some people's stomaches will swell after surgery and can take several days to come down. This will increase your restriction. For now, I would suggest you concentrate on getting in enough calories each day to function. Take it from me, if you don't get enough, you hit a wall really quick! If it's a choice between the Water or the Meal Replacement, I personally would choose the meal replacement. But don't push yourself to eat too much. You don't want to stretch your pouch.

Take it one step at a time!

Kathy, how are you adding the powder into your Soups? I've made mine in a pot, and then took out about a cup full in a bowl, and slowly stirred the powder in, taking about 5 or 6 minutes to do it. This will eliminate the foam. Just and FYI if you don't like the foam.

Only for me, ys, I'd thing it's normal and it will decrease eventually. I'm like Kathy, if you have to choose one or the other, do the shake. You need the Protein first. You can always dring later if you get up during the night or something.

I can't wait for my first fill, it will be on my b-day Aug, 23rd,

Hey Danny - my birthday is August 23rd as well - good birthday present for you! Kim

ok got to be quick cos i'm in work

i'm going for another fill tomorrow hopefully this one will work last one did nothing also i've lost nothing in 10 days thats not good at all.

hi to everyone big kiss all round

Marcyinak, what cruise you going on?? we wanna do a cruise in nov what can you reccommend?? aboutthe guys in Miami they just said they only accept walk in but cos i'm comming from ireland that i'll get it done no problem but they can not garenttee which one does it, like i care i've seen all there work and i love it and them. i'm hoping as i'm lying on the chair on of them hops on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry me dreaming again!!!!! xxxxxxxxx

Kathy and Lynette...thanks for the advise. Tomarrow I will concentrate on the protien..... Not really liking the shakes, I have tried a few and they all have a chemical like taste to them, but I am drinking them.

Only4Me, glad to hear you're doing so well! It gets easier each day. And I agree w/Kathy & Lynette, I'd do the Protein Drink, first. Once your swelling goes down, you will gradually be able to get more liquids in. Just keep listening to your body.

Icy, you can have mine!!! LOL. I'm the other way, I'd love to get a reduction job on mine. Even skinny I'll be a DD cup. I hate it...

LOL! I, too, have a rather large chest, even after a reduction. I was a 48F before my surgery. Now, I'm a 42D. Still a little hefty. But Icy, you can have some of mine, too!

It's official: I am in Bandster's Hell!

Up until yesterday I felt no hunger whatsoever but today I wake up and voila, I am starving! And I have to be on liquids only until next Friday. Boy, it will be a long week. :faint:

Cazulay, I feel you. That was me. I know it's rough. Just try to mix it up as much as possible--fruit in your smoothies, thicker Soups, and more Protein. You can do it!!

That's for sure! I'm completely energized today. If I didn't have my scars and steristrips over them, I'd wonder if I even had surgery a week ago.

Yay! You're doing much better. Today was my turn. I only worked 1/2 day tonight. I was worn out from the drive to my doc's office. I've just been relaxing and feel wonderful already.

LOL! I, too, have a rather large chest, even after a reduction. I was a 48F before my surgery. Now, I'm a 42D. Still a little hefty. But Icy, you can have some of mine, too!

quote]

Chim, I can relate to the large chest. I wear on of those special fitted french bras 42F. It is so comfortable. Guess I will see what happens with weight loss.

Lynette, I have the 10mm, 4cc band also. My doc had the same attitude as yours. He knows it works well. He prefers the 4cc because he feels it is easier to get a good restriction with it. Every doc is different.

Danny, How exciting! Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is so special. Hope you wife is feeling well. You and Lynette are doing so well, 20lb loss. Can't wait until I am there.

Kathy, I know we were banded on the same day. Today my doc said I could eat soft/mushie foods progressing to more solid the following couple of weeks. I had some Refried Beans for lunch and some egg salad for dinner. Just a small amt. The hardest part was not drinking with the meal or 45min-1hr afterwards.

Chimboree: 4 hours in a car anytime is enough to wipe me out, let alone being day 8 post-op! Take a break! BTW, were you happy with the reduction? Did it hurt more or less than the band?

Hi Sunny! my doc is more restrictive. I was on clear fluids for the first 4 days, then full fluids until day 16, then mushies until day 30. I can't start on solids until day 31. I also don't get my first fill until 6 weeks (Sept. 10th). I know he has done more than 2000 bands in the last 7 years, so has this down to a science. But I will probably progress the mushies up a bit, as I'm going away next Thursday, so will start it then instead of Sat.

How are you feeling... energy good? pain gone?