Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

i asked my surgeon what type of band i had and she said the normal 10. Does that mean its 10cc's? Then she said we used the smaller one i think ? hmmm

Hi Everybody, I had my post-op appointment today. The nurse took off my tape on my cuts. The port cut has a small piece that hasn't healed all the way. I broke out in a cold sweat cause I thought it was gonna hurt when she was pulling off the tape. So I can't remember what rules she said.

After, me and my daughter went to the mall. I have to say, I didn't feel good walking. My chest hurts front and back. I had to come home and take tylenol. It started hurting yesterday. Thank God I didn't have to go back to work yet.

Shannon I have the new band. The fill area is 360 degrees. The other band just has a little less cause of the clip thing on the side. You can search the web for pictures.

Hi Caz.

I would have gone with an extra large so that I could where it on my way down to my ideal weight. I'd rather have it baggy when I'm thinner then tight when I'm fatter...but thats just my humble opinion.

Kristen - I think it's too much. You're not healed at 2 wks. I wouldn't be stretching all over.

I agree. You wouldn't want to stretch out and tear anything. Call your doctor's office and ask when is best.

Chim- congratulations! 11 lbs. in one week, it's amazing! Keep up the great work!

Lynette- sorry to hear about your refi troubles. Why are there so many untrustworthy companies out there?

Kristyn- I too think yoga at this stage would be too much. What did your dr. say about exercise?

ssankofa- thanks for your opinion. I asked for it!

Hello everyone. I'm back. I went on cruise the 2 weeks before my banding and then with the prep I had to do at work and home the week before I was very rarely online. I was banded on July 30...3 days ago and I cant believe how well I feel already. Im afraid I am pushing myself....none of my incisions are really that sore, having a hard time getting up, but once Im up I am ready to go!! I really have to catch up on how everyone has been doing. That should take me then next couple of days!!

I love the lists! Great motivation!!! Here's mine....

Shopping in the "normal" departments and cute little boutiques

shorts not riding up (I so hate that)

being able to wear a bathing suit in public

taking my kids to the Water park

more energy to keep up with my kids

feeling confident and sexy

taking the stairs without getting winded

I actually have a goal hanging in my closet. It's a beautiful dress that I bought right before I got pregnant with my son. At the time, I was dieting and had about 5 pounds to lose before it would fit nicely. I've never worn it - still has the tags on. My son is turning 11 this month. When I can finally put on that dress will be one of the happiest of my life, as it will be a big accomplishment for me.

Icy, I know you will get to that goal!!! I have a similar goal in my closet, just not as sentimental... but still motivational. You can and will do it!

Question....Do we start our weight loss from begining of pre-op diet, or when we were weighed in hospital on surgery date?

I almost forgot from my list....

new boobs! I have the unfortunate distinction of being one of the few women on the planet who is plus sized without big boobs! I promised myself that when I make my goal weight, I'm getting some. might throw in a belly piercing for good measure. :)

Icy, you can have mine!!! LOL. I'm the other way, I'd love to get a reduction job on mine. Even skinny I'll be a DD cup. I hate it. As for the belly ring, NO THANKS! Although my DH has bugged me since day 1 of dating to get one... for some reason he thinks they're hot! LOL.

ah Kathy that is lovely! i only want to get Annafrancesca name on my shoulder but i'm going to look into getting the symbols.

just reading your posts. i taught i never stopped for a moment but you dont stand still for a second do you. you need to RELAX AND PUT YOUR FEET UP.

Thanks for the advice Dini. I did finally relax yesterday by staying home from work. It did me a world of good. I feel great today, just like I did before surgery. My scars feel fine, no pain and no aches. I've got some energy back and a little bounce to my steps. Must be the weight loss!

Question....Do we start our weight loss from begining of pre-op diet, or when we were weighed in hospital on surgery date?

Beginning of Pre-op is what I did. Afterall, I gained the weight, it was my highest point and had to lose it.

It's official: I am in Bandster's Hell!

Up until yesterday I felt no hunger whatsoever but today I wake up and voila, I am starving! And I have to be on liquids only until next Friday. Boy, it will be a long week. :faint:

Danny, I'm dealing with a local brokerage firm. They don't know their head from their AS*es. It's been a battle with them, and I wouldn't recomend my worst enemy to them. Yes, I did need my fill. I was hungry every 2 to 2 1/2 hours on Sunday and Monday this week. So I'm glad I got it.

Marcy, this mortgage group has screwed my refi up so bad they've paid for both the appraisals. The guy never called today, so he'd better be calling tomorrow.

Shannon, I don't go back to work until Monday. I had a lot of medical I could take, so I took 5 weeks off. I have the 4cc band, not the Ap. My doc doesn't think there's much difference in how it works verses the older bands, so he wasn't going to change to it. He said he was sticking to what he knew worked.

Kristin, ask your doc about the excercising. I was realesed at my 2 week appointment to lift weights and do my aerobic DVD's, so it just depends on how you heal.

only4me, I'd definitely use your pre op weight. You've worked hard for every pound you lost, didn't you!!

Cazulay, are you using any Protein powders in your shakes, drinks, etc.? It will help you keep that full feeling longer.

Chim, hope you're feeling ok now. Glad you appointment went well and 11 lbs, you go girl!!!