Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

My gosh I wish I could have been there. Funny thing was I found out today that I could have been. My girlfriend called and said she just got back from MofA. I said when did you go there. SHE LEFT FRIDAY AND CAME HOME SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told her all about the Lucky number 7's and the weekend and she said I am so sorry I didn't mention it last week you could have gone with me. I am still just reeling from the fact that I could have been there and wasn't. I will DEFINATELY be in Vegas next year. We got married out there 2 and 1/2 yrs ago and we have been talking of going back since before the plane landed back in Iowa. So glad that you all had a great time. I sooooo wish I would have been there. Don't know that I would have shopped ll that much but the convirsations and hanging out would have been great!!! We need pics when you all get some rest and recuperate.

Jacquie; You could have kept up with the shopping. It was awesome. I am NOT usually a shopper but I was there CLOSING the mall and there early enough to see it open!!! I am a convert LOL

Hey,

Did anyone say that we all hit the Nordstrom's "intimates"... four of us had bra fittings with "Connie" and had our "girls" lifted. Wonderful! I got two new bras. Other things I bought... Merrell sandals, two blouses (40% off) at C.J. Banks... never heard of that store until one of the girls told me about it... it was either "Thelma" or "Louise". I'm old. I can't remember. Travel purse at QVC.. my first experience with QVC. Two pairs of earrings and a "Mall of America' sun visor hat. My favorite things to buy.... hats, purses, shoes!!

I am so happy with my purchases of Foundation garments. It truly DOES make a huge difference, even in my confidence level... I know that may sound strange but without giggling when I walk I just feel like I HOLD my head up higher... and the "girls" they just make me look 10 yrs younger!!

Steph - I certainly could help you out on the science front. I have taught everything (biology is my weakest, but I still have enough basic knowledge that I could help out!)

As for the fill...I don't know if it is working or not. I have been on liquids for the last 2 days. However, I am not waking up in the middle of the night and in the morning STARVING. So I guess that is definetly a plus. I have Breakfast in front of me right now so I will see how it works and check in later!

Karri, that is really nice of you to offer to help Steph. I am sure that if she makes the decision to go back to sch. that she'll take you up on that offer.!

Glad the fill is working for the HUNGRIES, that can be aweful waking up in the middle of the night hungry!

Congrats Step on the 148.8 that's super..:biggrin:

Ya I think you got me beat on the # of items - 5 pairs of shoe OMG !!!

Congrats Steph~ you actually LOST weight after the M of A ??? Dah, I gained 2... how'd you do that??:angry:

oh yeah, DH has STILL not noticed my newly peirced ears... Men, can you beleive it?

Steph, you don't have yours done??? I thought I was the last holdout?

Well. I went into the school today to talk to the super. He is frantically looking for a teacher. He did get an application today but when he told me who it was I almost cried. He's so out to lunch. I didn't know what to say to the guy. I didn't know what I thought. Good or bad. It was definitely a toss up.

He told me he would pay me my daily salary that I would have got if I had stayed. Without the insurance taken out that isn't a bad day's pay actually. We already applied for blue cross blue shield and it's actually cheaper than the school insurance so it makes sense not to take it. But I told him I could only do it through October. After that they were on their own. So he might not need me. Which would be best for everyone. My mom would not be so angry at me.

I'm sorta feeling like I should have gotten a second hole in my ears. Oh well. Okay...I better run. I have a lot to still do. Have a great day ladies.

Allright guys, I have to brag. I did a 30 day Avon study with Curves and during that time I lost almost 5 pounds and almost 10 inches including 3 in the waist, 2 in the hips and 2 in the thighs, 1 in my arms. I was so thrilled.

I also got a new job and my stress level has dropped so much. I gained over 7 hours a week to exercise. My company pays $250 a year for wellness. So they will pay for gym membership or Weight Watchers, etc.

Today they gave everyone a gift card with $100 on it to help defray the cost of gas and groceries. How nice. When I started working there everyone said they loved working there and it is an awesome company. So far it has been great and I'm only on my third week.

Allright guys, I have to brag. I did a 30 day Avon study with Curves and during that time I lost almost 5 pounds and almost 10 inches including 3 in the waist, 2 in the hips and 2 in the thighs, 1 in my arms. I was so thrilled.

I also got a new job and my stress level has dropped so much. I gained over 7 hours a week to exercise. My company pays $250 a year for wellness. So they will pay for gym membership or Weight Watchers, etc.

Today they gave everyone a gift card with $100 on it to help defray the cost of gas and groceries. How nice. When I started working there everyone said they loved working there and it is an awesome company. So far it has been great and I'm only on my third week.

All of that is amazing news! How wonderful to see that much success in one month! Sometimes the pounds are secondary to the wonderful things you see happen from working out!

And the wonderful benefits from your new job are awesome. I can only imagine the stress relief. You should be jumping for joy! I'm so excited for you.

Keep it up and enjoy your new job! I'm so jealous.

Ok who is in charge of this and how do you sign up? Wow two posts in one day.

Ok who is in charge of this and how do you sign up? Wow two posts in one day.

I know there are a lot of exercise challenges out there to keep you motivated. Mine, however, is all on my own. I set my goal and I keep track of what I do. I'm debating about changing the 45 minutes to less because when I work on my wii fit sometimes I don't make the 45 minutes and then I don't count it. I think I should be able to count a couple of the days at the mall but I didn't.

I'm going to make my goal this month. I've been a little short each month so far, but I'M GOING TO GET IT THIS MONTH!!!!

Join us

Congrats on the W/L and the new exercise plan... You will be even more successful in the future!~~

When we were in M of A we talked about or "VISIT & Get-together for 2009" One of the ideas tossed about was coming to Canada and visiting My beach and the Elvis festival. Below is the link to the web site. Its pretty cool.... and it is usually held the 3rd weekend in July every year... as soon as I have CONCRETE dates I'll post them.

The Collingwood Elvis Festival 2008

let me know what you think

Wasaga Beach

The Friends of Nancy Island and Wasaga Beach Park check out Nancy Island Historical Park also in my town.

*sigh* Yesterday was a horrible food day for me. :tongue: I tried everything I could think of to satiate my hunger demons but they were screeching at me all day. I tried feeding them Protein Shakes and cottage cheese but that wanted chocolate. :biggrin: Aunt Flo is due for a visit so I'm blaming her. But it's weird because I've never been a big chocolate lover. I went crazy here at home. I was by myself as hubby took the boys to Six Flags Fun Park for the day. So there was nobody responsible for me but me. :biggrin:

There's no chocolate in the house and when I went out shopping for birthday pressies for my son (he's 10 on Monday) I stayed away from food stores. Although Toys R Us did tempt me with their chocolate selections at the check-out. Inconsiderate Bleeps! :frown:

I stayed hydrated and tried to feed myself "good" foods. But even good foods can turn bad if you have too many of them. :biggrin: So not a good day. But that was yesterday and today is another day so I'm starting fresh again. :frown:

Yipeeeee...DH got a job today. THANK GOODNESS!

THe fill seems to be going well. PS still wants me eating low carb because for me carbs=swelling. So we are celebrating with a T-bone steak. Yummy. I can still eat quite a bit of food with the fill, but that should be fine because PS gave me the go ahead to start running on August 7. Will be the happiest day of the summer for me I think. THe hardest part of the whole TT was the inability to exercise. I didn't think that I would miss it...but holy cow...I have been miserable without it. I told her that was the only reason that I was hesitant about the future surgery. BUt she reassured me that the next surgery will be nothing compared to this one and that I should be back to exercising within a couple of weeks compared to over a month. She is allowing me to go back to exercising 1 week early because I have healed so well. My incisions are almost totally healed. I still have one little area that is still draining but otherwise everything looks great. I am hoping to post more pictures this weekend.

We are going to see The Mummy III tonight and then Mamma Mia tomorrow. It is nice to be able to splurge every once in a while now.

Okay, if I've figured this out right, THIS is the thread I should be in! Can anyone jump in? I've been following a thread where everyone's posting about whether they'll get approved or not, and I knew there must be some group at more of my stage.

I was banded on Sept. 23, '07. I've had 4 fills in a 12cc band (I think it's a total of 8.5cc's now). As of my Bandiversary a week ago, I've lost 74 pounds and 5 sizes. It went really fast for the 1st 5 months, and then I went for 6 months without any significant change in weight--I think my body was taking that time to kind of 'mold itself' to the new me! Finally in July it jump-started a little, and I lost another 8 lbs. So at this point I'm not losing fast at all, but I'm so much better off than a year ago, that I'm willing to let this process take the time it needs!

Now after all that, can someone tell me if I'm in the right place?!?

Hi all. I've had a really crappy 24 hours. It really stinks.

Last night I was getting ice out of the dispenser downstairs. My water bottle got stuck. I pulled and tugged and got really frustrated and then with a giant angry pull it came loose...crushing my ring finger...and ripping my finger nail off. I knew it wasn't good but thought I might be lucky and it only ripped off my acrylic. I came upstairs, iced it really good, about passed out a few times....and then looked. It was still there but it was only being held on by my cuticle. Wrapped it with bandaids and took some liquid gold. Today made an appointment with the doc. He pulled it off. It will take 3 months for a new one to grow out. He numbed it really good but I am a super wimp and was sure it was going to be super painful when the numbness wore off....so I took some more liquid gold. Well....I forgot that I hadn't really eaten since 5 or 6 pm yesterday. I've been in a constant state of limbo since 11am. I'm lightheaded, my eyes keep rolling, and too much activity almost makes me pass out. In fact, this has almost taken all the strength I have.

I have had 2 Protein Shakes and 1 small can of pineapple juice. I am super tight because of the stress and can't seem to get any more down. Not really wanting to. I think it is just a side effect of the meds I shouldn't have taken....I'm hoping so.

Okay....I'm signing off. Later ladies.

Steph- OMG, AAAHHHHHHHH

AAAAHHHHHH, Son of a AAAHHHHHHH

OMG!!!!!!!! :cursing::eek::scared2::eek::angry::eek::ohmy::eek:

I almost have to go sip my liquid gold just after reading that!!!! OMG!!!!!!