Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good work Steph and Phyl. :)

I have Liptons chicken Noodle Cup-A-Soup on hand for the times when I'm not hungry enough for dinner or lunch and will just fix myself one of those. I also use them for a snack when I feel like my appetite is getting a little out of control.

I hardly ever order a meal for myself when we go out for dinner. I eat so little that I usually forage of my hubby's and/or my son's plate. On the occasions that I do feel hungry, I will order off the kid's menu and my son will order from the adult. Typically though we'll bring leftovers home.

I also have problems eating out. I feel obliged to eat more quickly simply because I don't like people waiting for me. A meal that I will typically take me an hour to eat, I try to get down in 20 minutes. :seeya: I don't know why I do that. It's not a horse race. :ihih: Sometimes I feel bad that my plate looks like it's barely touched and the wait staff think there's something wrong with it. :crying: Especially if I've gone too fast and had to make a dash for the washroom. :thumbup: So that's why I've stopped ordering and told the wait staff to bring an extra plate so I can sample off the other orders.

I'm a cheap date these days. :thumbup:

That is so so so funny! Cheap date! I am a really cheap date. Especially when we go out for coctails....hehehe....I'm plowed in 45 minutes and need to go home and be put to bed:w00t:

I don't know if I've said this before. Why is there only CRAP on the kids menu. I know they will let me order from the children's but there is usually nothing good to eat there. That's so very frustrating. Sso I don't order from there, I order from the big people's menu and waste a LOT of food. DH eats bad for you stuff when we go out, so sharing his is never an option. Oh well. It could be worse.

Something about taking an hour to eat. My dr. said that I should only be eating for 20 - 30 minutes. If I haven't eaten it in that time I should not. Just what she said. I don't know what other's advice has been. Just wondering what others shave heard.

Okay. Trying to pack but having a really hard time getting little enough stuff so I have room to pack buyings. I just don't know. Will be back later ladies. I'm off to try to figure out the clothes thing. And computer thing. I don't want to leave it here but I don't want to carry it all over either...grrr....what a dilemna!

Phyl, Just got off the phone with homewood suites. They took my confirmation number and added a notation for a request of an early check in. If it can't be done because there are no clean rooms they will store our luggage. You might want to call and do that too. If not, you can store your stuff with mine.

I didn't ask, but on the site it says local area transportation so I wonder if they will meet us at the train. If you're going to call do you want to check on that, or I will tomorrow if I don't hear from you before then....

I'm getting so excited!!!!!

Hey Gang see you all have been busy today...

I have been busy working :0) so that my desk will be clean by Thursday nite when I leave...

Steph I am glad you are able to eat - envy you all who aren't hungry

I am hungry all the time... I have restriction - but I am hungry and my fullness doesn't last long.. I was suppose to go to the doc on 7/31 but changed it to 8/6 - I think I need a tweak - but don't know if he will give it to me - I guess it will depend if I gain weight on our little trip.. I just checked and it looks like I have lost maybe 6 lbs since I last saw him at the end of May -

I know it's not about losing anymore for me - just maintaining - but like Karri says - it's hard... But again - I don't know if I can say the band has ever taken away my hunger - I think it did a little bit - but lately I do seem to find myself hungry more often... Maybe it's cuz I am tired and work is busy and stress full... This is why I never have kept food at my desk - cuz if it's there I will eat it..

Steph when you find out about the transportation let me know - I remember seeing it on their site - but I just haven't had time to call them - I think it said they had a shuttle from the airport too... If you would ask I would greatly appreciate it..

I am not going to the gym tonite - I am just too tired - I went 4 days in a row Fri - Sat - Sun - Mon - I go again tomorrow.. and I think tomorrow gives me my 15 days for the month...

I just need to rest - I went to bed at 9 - but by the time I washed my face and got in bed I wasn't as tired as I was on the couch - and then the stupid phone rang - so I didn't get to sleep until like 10:45 or 11 .

Salmon for dinner - gotta go ck my other threads - cbl :seeya:

Hi Gang;

o.k. ONE MORE sleep, I am leaving to start my Big drive tomorrow!!! Yippee.... I am so excited and my Aunt and Uncle in Sarnia/Pt. Huron are glad that I'm coming to see them too!!!

I have Kari's phone # in Michigan so I'll give her a call on my way thru, perhaps we'll be able to meet if time allows.

GOOD food DAY today!!

Later babes, gotta keep packing the washing machine and dryer are on FULL ALERT

That is so so so funny! Cheap date! I am a really cheap date. Especially when we go out for cocktails....hehehe....I'm plowed in 45 minutes and need to go home and be put to bed:w00t:

I don't know if I've said this before. Why is there only CRAP on the kids menu. I know they will let me order from the children's but there is usually nothing good to eat there. That's so very frustrating. Sso I don't order from there, I order from the big people's menu and waste a LOT of food. DH eats bad for you stuff when we go out, so sharing his is never an option. Oh well. It could be worse.

Something about taking an hour to eat. My dr. said that I should only be eating for 20 - 30 minutes. If I haven't eaten it in that time I should not. Just what she said. I don't know what other's advice has been. Just wondering what others shave heard.

Okay. Trying to pack but having a really hard time getting little enough stuff so I have room to pack buyings. I just don't know. Will be back later ladies. I'm off to try to figure out the clothes thing. And computer thing. I don't want to leave it here but I don't want to carry it all over either...grrr....what a dilemma!

You got that right.... kids' menu = crap... nothing I ever want to eat!

P & B sandwich, chicken nuggets, macaroni & cheese! Forget it!

We often have leftovers in our fridge! We went to Mexican after church Sunday. Took me two days to finish the leftovers and now there is Chinese stir fry stuff in there! May end up in the garbage disposal!

DH is paranoid about finishing everything before we leave...

to the extent that he just had some of your Kashi Go Lite for dinner so he could finish up the skim milk still in there from all my Protein Drinks last week!

I think we might be excited becausie our bags are picked and sitting by the front door! Train doesn't leave for 24 hours! We're ready to go! We have two very full (small) suitcases and a back pack. Only room for shopping is in the back pack! I had a hard time pakcing light!

I decided not to bring my laptop. TOo much hassle. I"ll use my sisters when I get to Buffalo and read email on my Blackberry until then.

Phyl, Just got off the phone with homewood suites. They took my confirmation number and added a notation for a request of an early check in. If it can't be done because there are no clean rooms they will store our luggage. You might want to call and do that too. If not, you can store your stuff with mine.

I didn't ask, but on the site it says local area transportation so I wonder if they will meet us at the train. If you're going to call do you want to check on that, or I will tomorrow if I don't hear from you before then....

I'm getting so excited!!!!!

Glad you said that... I didn't even HAVE my confirmation #. They never gave it to me. So I got that, but somehow was talking to Hotels.com lady so she called the hotel to ask about the shuttle... No shuttle to train station. We'll figure it out when we get there. AND, she asked me if there was anything else & I forgot about the luggage! But, I think all hotels have a little room where they lock up held luggage, so I'm not going to worry about that.

You get on in Williston, right?? At what time?

I get on in Williston at 7pm central time. I'm bring computer so I can work on web pages while I'm riding. Something to keep me busy....but don't have a connection.

I'm getting so freaking excited!!!!!

Okay....today is NOT an official weigh in but I have to share! My wii fit weight this morning broke the 150 barrier!!!! I was 149.8! I don't count it until tomorrow and I think it was a fluke but it was amazing to see! I said in the beginning that if I could get to 150 I would be more than thrilled. Then I set my goal to "healthy" weight. I'm not anywhere near satisfied at this point and plan on dropping until I get healthy....but 7 months ago I never thought it was possible!

Keep your fingers crossed that I keep that number for tomorrow but I won't be disappointed if I don't.

Today was a decent food day. Not a great liquid day. I just wasn't hungry so I didn't think about drinking so much....just like phyl said. I'm trying to get 16 more oz before bed.

Okay...I'm going to go lurk elsewhere. I'll talk to you all later!

Okay....today is NOT an official weigh in but I have to share! My wii fit weight this morning broke the 150 barrier!!!! I was 149.8! I don't count it until tomorrow and I think it was a fluke but it was amazing to see! I said in the beginning that if I could get to 150 I would be more than thrilled. Then I set my goal to "healthy" weight. I'm not anywhere near satisfied at this point and plan on dropping until I get healthy....but 7 months ago I never thought it was possible!

Keep your fingers crossed that I keep that number for tomorrow but I won't be disappointed if I don't.

Today was a decent food day. Not a great liquid day. I just wasn't hungry so I didn't think about drinking so much....just like phyl said. I'm trying to get 16 more oz before bed.

Okay...I'm going to go lurk elsewhere. I'll talk to you all later!

What will I do without my Wii Fit for three weeks????

Congrats on breaking the 150 barrier!!

I'm working on getting under 240 at the moment!!

One day I'm there, the next day I'm not! SOON, though!

12_1_3v.gif

15_8_6.gif

Phyl, you are doing great. Don't ever get frustrated. You have so many more mobility issues that I do. I am so impressed with how far you've come. You will break 240. I know it will be soon. With this much restriction how could you not?

As to what you will do without your wii fit? I don't know. I travelled with mine. I bought a bag for the wii and have kept the box for the board. I couldn't not have it for 3 weeks. It would be like binging for me. Even if all I did was a body test. The board wouldn't be bad to carry in a suitcase. I got my bag at kmart. It's the size of a purse. I know you guys are traveling light but would it be out of the question? You'll probably be too busy anyways....but boxing with your sisters could be therapeutic. Just think of knocking them out. Wouldn't THAT be fun!!!!

Okay....kids are screaming. I have more to say but I'll be back.

Phyl, you are doing great. Don't ever get frustrated. You have so many more mobility issues that I do. I am so impressed with how far you've come. You will break 240. I know it will be soon. With this much restriction how could you not?

As to what you will do without your wii fit? I don't know. I travelled with mine. I bought a bag for the wii and have kept the box for the board. I couldn't not have it for 3 weeks. It would be like binging for me. Even if all I did was a body test. The board wouldn't be bad to carry in a suitcase. I got my bag at kmart. It's the size of a purse. I know you guys are traveling light but would it be out of the question? You'll probably be too busy anyways....but boxing with your sisters could be therapeutic. Just think of knocking them out. Wouldn't THAT be fun!!!!

Okay....kids are screaming. I have more to say but I'll be back.

Yeah, I'm so close!! I was there Monday, then went up 2 lb, then down 1lb. I think two of my nieces have Wii's, but no Wii Fit that I know of. I think one of them stays at my sister's... the one I'm staying with. If it is, I'll be using that. I'm going to get one of those carrying bags before we leave for the winter because it IS going with us in the RV. And Janet wants to try it out when we get down there. We'll have to make floor space for it every day... foot rest on the couch pulls out & I tend to use it for a coffee table and pile junk on it! I'll have to break that habit so I can easily put it down each day to do my Wii stuff!

So, the big day is here!! DH is in the bathroom with the neighbor giving her litter box instructions!! He is a little anal so he has FOUR litter boxes set up in there. I won't even go in there anymore. It's a navigational hazard.

Yeah, I'm so close!! I was there Monday, then went up 2 lb, then down 1lb. I think two of my nieces have Wii's, but no Wii Fit that I know of. I think one of them stays at my sister's... the one I'm staying with. If it is, I'll be using that. I'm going to get one of those carrying bags before we leave for the winter because it IS going with us in the RV. And Janet wants to try it out when we get down there. We'll have to make floor space for it every day... foot rest on the couch pulls out & I tend to use it for a coffee table and pile junk on it! I'll have to break that habit so I can easily put it down each day to do my Wii stuff!

So, the big day is here!! DH is in the bathroom with the neighbor giving her litter box instructions!! He is a little anal so he has FOUR litter boxes set up in there. I won't even go in there anymore. It's a navigational hazard.

Four!!!!! Holy Hannah!!!! How many furries do you have? If someone is coming to change the box why four? <shakes her head>

Okay...I've almost convinced myself to pack my wii to go t MoA. I wonder if there is a bigger room at the homewood that we could use one evening? I think I might call. There are 6 of us? Maybe Sunday night would be fun. Weigh in on the idea all and I'll give it a whirl if everyone likes the idea. I've packed a really small suitcase with very little shopping room so if I can convince dh it's a good idea I can bring a bigger bag.....I'm a little devious today huh? Shame on me. His fault for putting me on a budget for this trip.

Give me your thumbs up or thumbs down everyone. Not that I'll listen. I'm so darned headstrong!!! :thumbup:

Four!!!!! Holy Hannah!!!! How many furries do you have? If someone is coming to change the box why four? <shakes her head>

Okay...I've almost convinced myself to pack my wii to go t MoA. I wonder if there is a bigger room at the homewood that we could use one evening? I think I might call. There are 6 of us? Maybe Sunday night would be fun. Weigh in on the idea all and I'll give it a whirl if everyone likes the idea. I've packed a really small suitcase with very little shopping room so if I can convince dh it's a good idea I can bring a bigger bag.....I'm a little devious today huh? Shame on me. His fault for putting me on a budget for this trip.

Give me your thumbs up or thumbs down everyone. Not that I'll listen. I'm so darned headstrong!!! :tongue:

ONE CAT... that's all! Go figure!! I don't get it!

16_1_21.gif

Well, it's Homewood SUITES... so maybe the rooms are big. Some of the suites hotels have a common area and separate bedroom. And we could always rearrange the furniture! :eek::thumbup::eek::smile::eek: If you are going to bring your Wii, maybe I should bring my remonte????